What was your worst light of 2015

What was your most disappointing flashlight you got/received/bought/trashed in 2015?

The opposite of this thread: Whats your best flashlight of 2015

And in succes of last year`s thread: What`s your worst flashlight 2014

In my case, I think it was these 2x AA lights from the $5 or less eBay thread:

I had hoped these would prove to be a decent budget-priced host for modding, but they were ultimately a a dissapointment. The switch boot was far too small and stiff to be useful, making the switch difficult to use.

The host was also very unattractive, which doesn’t show up as badly in the photos, but looked quite unusual in person. I actually discarded them instead of putting them in my parts bin of unworthy flashlights.

Runner up would be the SingFire Rook clone I purchased from FT (during a end-of-season clearance event, for an extremely discounted price) only for it to not work on receipt, due to a bad driver. “All sales final” on Clearance items or something like that… For some reason, I never contacted CS on this, maybe because I wanted to swap the driver anyway, to work better with primaries.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1446607

I only bought 8 lights in 2015 - I like them all honestly :slight_smile:

Couldn’t stand the UI.

Didn’t care for the tint.

Wasn’t a big fan of soda-can flashlights to begin with.

Currently being used as a paperweight. :Sp

Sky Ray King Clones. I haven't bought any, but so many pictures of these pieces of junk... Stop buying them!

Imalent DDT40

I'm not putting down the light to a eBay cheap zoomie standard, if anything it's a really decent light, but everything else has been better.

Just the UI is slower, even with double the buttons. I'm less inclined to take it out, even compared with a standard Ric-CN SRK.

Are you guys all talking about flashlights?

every Sunwayman light i had. especially the F40 & both P02A penlights.

2015 was my entrance to good LED flashlights. Only 2 were disappointing and the TK703 had been reviewed with the issues I experienced known so my own fault there.

My worst light of 2015: A Ultrafire SK68. Several folks here said it was a good one and to be honest it isn’t a bad light, just not much good for my uses. Not enough flood, too tight a spot for throw within it’s maximum range. Even a 14500 didn’t make it good though it was brighter.

Phil

In my case, Sunwayman P02A.
Died after 1 month barely use.

Later I found that DBSAR also experiencing the same problem with this light.

Energizer bike headlight. 80 lumens is okay on lit urban areas but not on dark streets.

Noname Sipik clone from ebay. General bad quality, died after 1 hour use. At least it was cheap.

Zebralight SC5w.

After 1 month of light use, output fell through the floor. All modes still work, but now on turbo on a fresh Eneloop it only gets as bright as maybe 20 lumens instead of the 500 it started with.

One of these days I’ll return it for warranty repair.

Because i only buy flashlight based on review from BLF member so it save me more money than doing it the russian roulette style

Yes.

Uh Oh… we need the Spam system back online, STAT!

+1