What you got today

Although my Olight i3 doesn't have a greet tint. I guess it's the luck of the draw. I wish manufacturers would get their act together when it comes to tint...

Here is the photo:

Klarus P2A on left (Low mode) - Fenix L2D Q5 on right (Middle mode).

Klarus P2A (On low) vs KD XP-G R5 drop-in (On low):

There is another issue with mine. When the head is not completely tight (not on high) the head is loosen, I mean it seems to me like if the head threads are bigger than body ones. If I touch the head then the flashlight flickers and some times turns off. I need to move the head to force it to make contact again.

Not happy with my most expected AA flashlight.

EDITED: Added second picture.

I'm sorry that you received a bad P2A and it lets me value my good P2A even more. Green tint and loose threads... quality assurance really dropped the ball on your example. Does your high mode also have a green tint, or is it just the "normal" tint shift on low that most current regulated lights have?

ANDY!!! you are such a BAD influence on me!!!. I ordered the 289. This forum is going to bankrupt me!! Thanks pal!!

Yes, it does.

Sorry that you lost the tint lottery, but it happens on even more expensive lights like Zebralights and 4sevens. Green tint isn't something which is covered by warranties, but a loose head and flickering operation is imho. I would ask at least for some sort of compensation.

See Kreisler? This is what I meant... marketing slogans like "premium tint" are worth nothing...

Well, today 8th of March, I received a package from Manafont that was ordered 29/2. Pretty quick i think. Package included one Tank E009 with 4pcs of Trustfire 10440 protected. There was also 2pcs of BLF lanyards for my DRY NW and UF980L that fitted nicely. A bought the E09 after all great reviews here, and I have to admit that its a nice little gem. Considerably brighter than my previous favourite the CQG S1 AAA. The tint is great with no blueish or greenish tint, and is quite neutral I think. The S1 is much warmer, and also much dimmer. That is when both are run on 1.5V alkaline cells. I also tried a 10440 @ ~4V in the E09 and it's then even brighter, however not by a great amount though which surprised me a bit. However, the cell fit perfectly sizewise without modification.

Besides this package I also received one from DX. This is quite amazing I think, and a record atleast for me.
I ordered it on the 2012-03-01 and as already stated, it arrived today 8th only 7 days later! That package included some TPU cases and screen protectors for a Galaxy i9000 and Galaxy Nexus besides some extra small items. I must say that I was pretty surprised for that fast delivery from DX. Especially after reading of all the problems you guys had recently with them.

However, I also placed two other orders to DX at the same time, and both those two orders have pending items. Worse is that from the last order I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, but it still shows up in my account so it's probably alright I hope.

I am also waiting for knife deliveries from both Aliexpress (David @hello giftshop) and Exduct, ordered on 29th of february. According to post tracking it might arrive tomorrow :-)

What's the length on those Trustfire 10440s? I ordered the recommended Ultrafire protected 10440s from DX and found that there is NO way those will work in my E09 without the washer mod.

Thanks for the offer's of help. It won't bankrupt me to pay for the treatment. I did shop around but there aren't many places that do radioactive treatment. I'm quite fortunate that my wife earns more than me (substantially more) and I think of my cat as one of my children so non treatment is not an option.

Congrats Glenn! You're going to LOVE this DMM. Did you get the FlukeView forms as well?

Thanks Tim :) I got this kit for $559 plus $14.75 shipping from a US seller. Comes with the case, Flukeview software, cables, temperature probe, etc.

ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/370569972830?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4036wt_1165

Edit: It shipped from California this morning via Fed-Ex. I'm thinking it's going to take about 5 days before I get it.. I hate waiting for stuff..

I'm hoping this pans out! I just sniped an auction on ebay...

I was able to catch an Ultrafire XM-L C8 for $12.71... I've been wanting one for myself for a while; I'm hoping the dealer is legit and I get a light that actually has an XM-L. I'm hoping the worst case would be a driver transplant...

A bargain!!

I have not received anything on this week... Some drivers are taking the long route as well as those TF 3000´s.

I´m really curious about those TF´s since there seems to be a bit variance. All fingers crossed they arrive today...

That's an amazing time for stuff to get to you, Starleaf. I'm jealous. I have five shipments on the way, the oldest from Dino ordered January 29. 45 days comes up next week, so PayPal may be hearing from me.

Best of luck to you and your kitty. I'm a dog person but feel the same - I'd pretty much do anything for my pup.

you can see what i got today in the mail, i am not going to name it (because of board search):

i am going to test it and within a few days i would already know if this product is good, very good, or disappointing. FYI, if the product for my specific application (nonanodized metal-on-metal flashlight threads: Ti-on-Ti, Al-on-Al, SS-on-SS) is good and i am convinced then i will post a positive review or quick review of it on BLF and spread the word.

If the product is disappointing (and not much better than Superlube oil), then i will refrain from posting/publishing *any* word about the product -- neither negative (nor positive, obviously). In this case, THIS EXACT post will be the last time that i ever referenced the product anywhere, on any forum, or elsewhere. I will continue to use it (disappointingly) but never mention that i use it. Nobody will ever know (unless he/she remembered this exact post of mine) that kreisler knows and (still) uses the product.

In other words, if you ever hear kreisler in near future talking about the product, then it means that i am convinced of the product and that it is good (and you would notice that i only talk positively about it). If you, from now on (in near future, say within 7 days from today on) never hear me re-mentioning the product on BLF (e.g. in form of a quick review, comment/post in the many lubes threads, or similar attention-arresting manner), then this is my indirect statement that kreisler does not recommend the product for the above mentioned 3 applications and that you can save your bucks on this product.

The point is, i've been critical towards lubes and the propaganda and ads and promises of lube manufacturers. I am tired of them. And why would i want to bash a company or a company's product if so many other flashaholics and peoples on the world love the product? Try to bash (or just criticize in a lengthy manner) a 4Sevens product on CPF and, especially if you're new there (low post count), in no time you get censored and then banned. Your thread will be deleted. For various reasons. One reason is to protect the interests of the 4$evens company and their $upporters (which is CPF itself : the admins and mods).

It has to do with respect. Respect in life. Respect towards people, towards companies and their inventions, towards property, towards etc.

If i dont like the product because it is performing disappointingly, then i will not let you know but just keep my filthy mouth shut. Only in the case that the product is really good you ever hear me talking, from now on, about it.

( hehe )

Hmmmm, not sure I caught all that, could you repeat?

kreisler, I got some of the Radio Shack Precision Lube in the needle tip applicator - really like it. I think someone else posted it was made by Super Lube.

It's around 46.5mm maximum height if I measured correctly (using a ruler :-). So the description @ Manafont seems to be accurate: http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/protected-trustfire-10440-37v-600mah-rechargeable-batteries-gray-4pcsset-p-5568

My Ultrafires measure 47mm using a caliper and don't even come close to fitting. Undecided

I have same. It is super-lube oil. You can even see the manufacturer's brand right on the metal clip "synco". I also have the grease, on some lights the grease is a little thick, so I use the oil which is thick in itself but not as thick as the grease.