What you got today

Don, your word for us.

CNQG advertises their E09 as "XP-G R5" (as Ric "confirmed"). Please could you check with your own eyes if your E09 unit has the XP-G R5 or the expected XP-E R2?

Tank007 Co. states that they do not ship or produce E09's with XP-G R5's.

Will do.

Remind me tomorrow if I've not already done so.

I got this today:

7W CREE Q5 LED Zoomable Dimmer Flashlight Torch Adjustable lamp from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280823518901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2900wt_1398

Mine is branded UltraFire, no model stated.

It's pretty cool. Better feeling than Saik SA-22 or SA-9. Given the choice, I'd choose this one any day of the week.

Smaller hotspot. Die shape is like an XR-E, but no metal ring, so it should be XP-E. If it is, it's my first XP-E. If someone wants, I can take pictures.

3 modes, high, low, fast blink. Current regulated, no flicker on low.

I got it with a 3xAAA holder, no 18650 adapter tube. Works on 18650 without problems, I have spare adapter tubes left over from the SA-9s and SA22s I gave away as gifts so I tested.

Smaller, tighter and brighter beam projection than the already mentioned Saik models and Sipik SK68. I'd say half way between Sipik and and Small Sun ZY-C10-S. Not much of a flooder, though, roughly the same as ZY-C10-S.

All in all, very nice budget flashlight.

Recommended.

Viktor

P.S.

I see the seller has 0 items in his store. I hope that's just temporary. I'm hoping to order more of this for gifts instead of the Saiks.

Edit:

It broke down. I hardly used it, unless to light up stuff under my desk. It mostly stood on my shelf, never fell, was never hit. Today I put 3xAAA rechargeables in it to deplete them before recharging and went to play with it. When I rotated it it started losing contact and switching modes. I took it apart... and wished I never bought it. Hollow pill, almost no contact with the emitter board, thin wires. At one point after I've put it together, it behaved the same, kept flickering and switching modes when I rotated it, and then it suddenly stopped working. Looks like it shut down for good. I don't even want to waste time on it.

Best thing from this flashlight is the spare XP-E emitter and spare 3xAAA holder. It's in the drawer, will probably come out if/when I need the XP-E.

Updated rating: AVOID

Viktor

After a great business trip to Ft Worth, Texas the early part of this week, I've had the good fortune to receive goodies in the mail on Thursday, Friday and now today. We're having a really early Spring here in Chicago, with temps in the 70's & 80's all week (F). First outdoor group road ride of the year on Thursday night, with a long one planned for tomorrow. So I'm out scooping up a Winter's worth of dog poop in the back yard when I hear the unmistakable sound of the postal truck out front, walk out there and greet my really cute postal carrier and she hands me a package from one of my favorite vendors - Shiningbeam.

Inside, my new XM-L S-Mini in box, clip and pack of misc o-rings ordered last Sunday.

Inside the box is the prize. The S-Mini, holster, lanyard and spare switch.

Size comparo: Solarforce M6, N-Light ST50, Yezl Z1, S-Mini, Hi-Max 18650:

Busted down for obligatory cleaning/lubing, discovered I didn't need to; everything
spotless, threads and o-rings lightly greased to perfection:

Finally, size comparison to Yezl Z-1 and EOSLAMP SP11 AAA received yesterday:

Still daylight here, but down in the basement, not overly bright (400 ANSI lumens), warm color, flawless beam. Form factor is very nice, perfect finish and nice knurling, just slightly shorter and narrower than the Z-1, but much better quality. EOSLAMP looks kinda cute next to it. Definitely going to go for the XP-G version next.

Today, I got an EDI-T T6 from LighTake.

I ordered it because I thought it was a zoomie, but sadly, it's not. This is a flashlight that just isn't all that bright. Might have modding potential, but I don't mod flashlights. I say avoid it unless you're a modder.

@BetweenRides

please could you share your Shiningbeam fotos in mizjif's Shiningbeam lights thread? otherwise these great pix get buried in this huge thread ;)

congrats to the Ft Worth (reminds me of Van Cliburn compet) and your many received consignments.

(deleted some lines hehe ;) )

I'll post better pics in mizjif's thread this weekend, kreisler. I'm a dumkopf, didn't even think about covering my address until Chicago X sent me a note (thanks!), edited post. Hopefully nice things will come my way...

Not really a pocket clip fan, but if you want to send me other goodies, feel free! Or maybe just a postcard, or some flashlight lube, or a battery, or.....

Dave

Key Shaped Knife $1 Clamp Meter $12

7 function DMM $3 6" Digital Calipar $25

Got a Kershaw Skyline pocket knife today in trade from Alfredajero. Really nice knife and Al put a very, very sharp edge on it before sending it. About the same size as the Bee L-02 I just got from Dino, but lighter weight and has a little flipper tab so you can flick it open.

I got a bad case of the Foyitis.

I got another L2P this time in black with a reverse clicky and an L2M which I immediately converted to a forward clicky, shortened to an 18350 size, added a green trit and made it my nightstand light. I love the forward clicky for the nightstand because I can get my moon low.002 beam on with no noise so I don't wake up the misses when sneaking to the urinal in the wee hours of the night.

I have to say these really are great quality lights for the price and the L2M for $12 bucks, can't beat that.

I also got an extra reverse clicky and 5 empty drop ins from Priceangles.

@moT...

What do you think of that clamp meter? I've looked at those almost every time I go to HF and have always been curious! How well does it work?

Oh wow . . . looks like they upgraded the L2M when I wasn't looking. Got a serial number and everything.

Dammit E, this is what I'm talking about. Been on a buying spree lately and have since sworn off for a while and now, I suddenly "need" yet another L2M thanks to you.

whatiswrongwithmeFoy

I picked up my Khaki EL-01 from the post office on Friday. Best budget knife I have.

4 knives... 2x707 and 2x681 ... all very good

today I received something from DX! A miracle...right?!

Well, it would be if they'd gotten it right. sku 43044 is 75mm lens

Ugh…that sux! :</p>

So you waited for some months AND got a wrong item. That sucks, really. :/

Got my first real P60 hosts today. Gorgeous Black SF L2P with reverse clicky and an acceptable condition grey L2 with forward clicky. Also got 2 SS bezels and 2 SF 2400 mAh batteries. All came from Solarforce Sales HK in 14-17 days. Got the drop-ins at home, can't wait to try them out.

Well, but they did drop in a quarter by way of apology... Wink

Finally got my Manafont order today.

Charger and 5-mode SST-50 drop-in. Talk about meh . . . . pulls 1.70 amp on high. It is the prettiest assembled emitter I've seen, however.

Foy