What you got today

Where have I seen that meter before?

Ummmm.... I have no idea lol!

Finally got my goods from Manafont yesterday afternoon. I ordered 2/21 and received on 3/14. Not bad I guess for traveling 1/2 way around the world, but still a long time when you are anxious for your stuff. This is my first budget light and experience with 18650s. I must say I am very impressed with the workmanship of this light. Ive bought some cheap overseas stuff before and this light rivals "homeland" quality IMO. Upon getting the package I tore into it like a 5 year old on a pile of Christmas presents. Here is what I found:

Upon opening the cells, i put them to the meter and they all read 3.7-3.8v.

Fairly clean, lubed

Internals in good condition

Well centered

And this lovely gift for a first time buyer :) Not sure what it is...

Overall Im very happy with the purchase. The light is everything I expected and more. It is incredibly bright for how small it is. I am still waiting for a C8 I ordered from Int'l Outdoors the same day. I hope that shows up soon. Thanks to all the guys here who helped me pick out these lights

Thanks for your help, but I have an Enlan EL-02 and EL-04. I also have a SanRenMu 6261, and had a 962.

I would prefer just "a larger SRM GB-763", but I'm frequently looking for things that don't exist.

So far, my favorite axis-lock knives are the 763, the Ganzo G704, and the Ganzo G710.

Nice pictures, GR8LITE. Wait until night time; that light should throw really well. XR-E LED and a big smooth reflector should be pretty impressive.

Thanks. I just took the pictures with my phone. I guess. They did turn out pretty well. I had the light on last nigt and it really throws somelight

Today I received two Sanrenmu 763s , an Enlan L02 and an Enlan L02-1 . Ordered from Exduct on 2/28 .

Today I received 10 Atomizers (510) from PriceAngels @$2.13 each.

All but one of them tested @ good regular resistance ohms.

Thanks E1320 for putting me on to this great deal :)

You are very welcome. I actually ordered 10 more for myself so I have about a years supply before they change them or raise the price or something.

I can't believe I was paying $16 bucks a piece for these before, they must have lead paint on them or asbestos in them.

A full Ultrafire C8 kit I ordered for a co-worker.

I ordered the set from Manafont, and it includes the following:

1. Ultrafire XM-L C8
  2. 2x Trustfire 3000mAH cells
  3. 1x 18650 charger
  4. Belt holster
  5. Plastic case for the cells

I was a little disappointed with this particular C8. The previous same model I ordered was good, but this one had an issue. As always, I completely disassembled the light to make sure everything was wired properly and and heat-sinked well. I pulled the isolation disc to make sure the star was properly sinked, and noticed that it was not flush against the pill. I then removed it and noted that it was adhered with a small, but thick blob of Fujik-type compound. I removed the Fujik and attempted to test-fit the star, but it would not sit flat on the pill. I discovered that there were a couple of burs on the drill-holes for the connecting wires that were preventing the star from sitting flat. I had to unsolder the star to get access and was easily able to shave the projection from the pill with an Exacto knife.

The cells are very well built and appear to be legitimate, and not fakes; all holograms are where they should be. I discussed this further in the cell-specific thread...

The charger is the $5.00 model that a few users had fail on the first use last year. I'm happy to say that this one is charging normally without failure so far.

The holster is the cheap $1.99 model I include with the purchase to add a little more value for the user. Same with the battery case, just a little extra protection for storage and transportation.

This order also included a bare Ultrafire WF-501b host for myself. The host is very well constructed and clean, tailcap threads are lubed, anodizing is nice, and the tailcap switch has a nice solid feel. Seems like a quality host, much better than the camo model I recently ordered.

Color me curious. What are the atomizers used for? Nevermind…a quick search led me to ecigs. :slight_smile:

Received an UF T-70 from xed888. My birthday gift to myself!!hahaha.

Quite the torch!!! Now I just need my Xtar 18700s to come in.

Thanks Quentin!!

One of those $8 G-Shock clones from DX. First impression, it could do with bigger numbers. I'll stick to my 14 year old Seiko Kinetic.

Got a red card from the PO telling me that a parcel from CNQG is waiting for me. Should have an Ultrafire T50 and a Tank007 E09 in it. I hope. Shipped from Singapore!

Given that Singapore is about 2000km from China I don't get how that works. But since it gets to me more quickly, I don't mind. Actually, China Post seems to get stuff to me faster than HK Post just now. Which makes me wonder if HK Post is overloaded and failing to cope.

Solarforce M6 bought used (Thanks, Cooter!). Light is in flawless condition. This is just a beautiful light, especially like the stainless bezel and tailcap, plus it looks a lot like the M8. It is almost the exact same size as my Balder BD-2. Makes a good bike light with pretty good throw. Both have about the same output and run time, but the Balder is more floody with the OP reflector.

Also, finally received my EOSLAMP SP11 AAA from International Outdoor Store after 46 days. Very nice, perfect EDC light.

Don, your word for us.

CNQG advertises their E09 as "XP-G R5" (as Ric "confirmed"). Please could you check with your own eyes if your E09 unit has the XP-G R5 or the expected XP-E R2?

Tank007 Co. states that they do not ship or produce E09's with XP-G R5's.

Will do.

Remind me tomorrow if I've not already done so.

I got this today:

7W CREE Q5 LED Zoomable Dimmer Flashlight Torch Adjustable lamp from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280823518901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2900wt_1398

Mine is branded UltraFire, no model stated.

It's pretty cool. Better feeling than Saik SA-22 or SA-9. Given the choice, I'd choose this one any day of the week.

Smaller hotspot. Die shape is like an XR-E, but no metal ring, so it should be XP-E. If it is, it's my first XP-E. If someone wants, I can take pictures.

3 modes, high, low, fast blink. Current regulated, no flicker on low.

I got it with a 3xAAA holder, no 18650 adapter tube. Works on 18650 without problems, I have spare adapter tubes left over from the SA-9s and SA22s I gave away as gifts so I tested.

Smaller, tighter and brighter beam projection than the already mentioned Saik models and Sipik SK68. I'd say half way between Sipik and and Small Sun ZY-C10-S. Not much of a flooder, though, roughly the same as ZY-C10-S.

All in all, very nice budget flashlight.

Recommended.

Viktor

P.S.

I see the seller has 0 items in his store. I hope that's just temporary. I'm hoping to order more of this for gifts instead of the Saiks.

Edit:

It broke down. I hardly used it, unless to light up stuff under my desk. It mostly stood on my shelf, never fell, was never hit. Today I put 3xAAA rechargeables in it to deplete them before recharging and went to play with it. When I rotated it it started losing contact and switching modes. I took it apart... and wished I never bought it. Hollow pill, almost no contact with the emitter board, thin wires. At one point after I've put it together, it behaved the same, kept flickering and switching modes when I rotated it, and then it suddenly stopped working. Looks like it shut down for good. I don't even want to waste time on it.

Best thing from this flashlight is the spare XP-E emitter and spare 3xAAA holder. It's in the drawer, will probably come out if/when I need the XP-E.

Updated rating: AVOID

Viktor

After a great business trip to Ft Worth, Texas the early part of this week, I've had the good fortune to receive goodies in the mail on Thursday, Friday and now today. We're having a really early Spring here in Chicago, with temps in the 70's & 80's all week (F). First outdoor group road ride of the year on Thursday night, with a long one planned for tomorrow. So I'm out scooping up a Winter's worth of dog poop in the back yard when I hear the unmistakable sound of the postal truck out front, walk out there and greet my really cute postal carrier and she hands me a package from one of my favorite vendors - Shiningbeam.

Inside, my new XM-L S-Mini in box, clip and pack of misc o-rings ordered last Sunday.

Inside the box is the prize. The S-Mini, holster, lanyard and spare switch.

Size comparo: Solarforce M6, N-Light ST50, Yezl Z1, S-Mini, Hi-Max 18650:

Busted down for obligatory cleaning/lubing, discovered I didn't need to; everything
spotless, threads and o-rings lightly greased to perfection:

Finally, size comparison to Yezl Z-1 and EOSLAMP SP11 AAA received yesterday:

Still daylight here, but down in the basement, not overly bright (400 ANSI lumens), warm color, flawless beam. Form factor is very nice, perfect finish and nice knurling, just slightly shorter and narrower than the Z-1, but much better quality. EOSLAMP looks kinda cute next to it. Definitely going to go for the XP-G version next.

Today, I got an EDI-T T6 from LighTake.

I ordered it because I thought it was a zoomie, but sadly, it's not. This is a flashlight that just isn't all that bright. Might have modding potential, but I don't mod flashlights. I say avoid it unless you're a modder.

@BetweenRides

please could you share your Shiningbeam fotos in mizjif's Shiningbeam lights thread? otherwise these great pix get buried in this huge thread ;)

congrats to the Ft Worth (reminds me of Van Cliburn compet) and your many received consignments.

(deleted some lines hehe ;) )