What you got today

I'll post better pics in mizjif's thread this weekend, kreisler. I'm a dumkopf, didn't even think about covering my address until Chicago X sent me a note (thanks!), edited post. Hopefully nice things will come my way...

Not really a pocket clip fan, but if you want to send me other goodies, feel free! Or maybe just a postcard, or some flashlight lube, or a battery, or.....

Dave

Key Shaped Knife $1 Clamp Meter $12

7 function DMM $3 6" Digital Calipar $25

Got a Kershaw Skyline pocket knife today in trade from Alfredajero. Really nice knife and Al put a very, very sharp edge on it before sending it. About the same size as the Bee L-02 I just got from Dino, but lighter weight and has a little flipper tab so you can flick it open.

I got a bad case of the Foyitis.

I got another L2P this time in black with a reverse clicky and an L2M which I immediately converted to a forward clicky, shortened to an 18350 size, added a green trit and made it my nightstand light. I love the forward clicky for the nightstand because I can get my moon low.002 beam on with no noise so I don't wake up the misses when sneaking to the urinal in the wee hours of the night.

I have to say these really are great quality lights for the price and the L2M for $12 bucks, can't beat that.

I also got an extra reverse clicky and 5 empty drop ins from Priceangles.

@moT...

What do you think of that clamp meter? I've looked at those almost every time I go to HF and have always been curious! How well does it work?

Oh wow . . . looks like they upgraded the L2M when I wasn't looking. Got a serial number and everything.

Dammit E, this is what I'm talking about. Been on a buying spree lately and have since sworn off for a while and now, I suddenly "need" yet another L2M thanks to you.

whatiswrongwithmeFoy

I picked up my Khaki EL-01 from the post office on Friday. Best budget knife I have.

4 knives... 2x707 and 2x681 ... all very good

today I received something from DX! A miracle...right?!

Well, it would be if they'd gotten it right. sku 43044 is 75mm lens

Ugh…that sux! :</p>

So you waited for some months AND got a wrong item. That sucks, really. :/

Got my first real P60 hosts today. Gorgeous Black SF L2P with reverse clicky and an acceptable condition grey L2 with forward clicky. Also got 2 SS bezels and 2 SF 2400 mAh batteries. All came from Solarforce Sales HK in 14-17 days. Got the drop-ins at home, can't wait to try them out.

Well, but they did drop in a quarter by way of apology... Wink

Finally got my Manafont order today.

Charger and 5-mode SST-50 drop-in. Talk about meh . . . . pulls 1.70 amp on high. It is the prettiest assembled emitter I've seen, however.

Foy

wow, 1.7A, that's underwhelming!

I have been dying to do another SST-50 build ever since getting my hands on your last one. I have a couple Ultrafire 3 mode direct drive drivers sitting here waiting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.lck-led.com/High-Power-LED,-Drivers-Cree/c37_107/p623/Cree-XR-E-Emitter-w/-16mm-Base---R2-Bin/product_info.html

I got some XPE R2s from LCKLED and I have to tell you they pull 2.2+ amps on direct drive these thing f-in blaze.

All other XPEs I have previously owned were not R2s even though they were sold as such they were all Q5s or less and only pull around 1.5-1.8 amps on high. A perfect example of buying something with no way to confirm the binning of the LED and getting screwed.

Got my Keygos KE-5 today from go_market. I just tested it briefly, 3.85A on a 18650 @4.02V. I have to wait until it gets dark to test it more, but it IS bright.

I got home from work yesterday to find two packages waiting. The first was a package from DX with:

1. Stylus for tablet
  2. 18V 1A Driver
  3. Saik SA-305 3x AA light

The second package contained...

My $12 XM-L C8 from a late-night eBay auction!Laughing

It was from a vendor called 1buycart, any experience with them?

I was excited to see that it actually had an XM-L emitter, glass lens, and aluminum reflector. I'll be posting second thread about this light a bit later, with pics.

two trustfire 14500s and tank e09 -not impressed by either (DD)

those batteries are unprotected and e09 has a slight donut hole in beam and awful corona around hotspot (star shaped) because of off-center led and some junk inside the head

Don't let Kreisler hear you say that...Sealed