What you got today

Sorry about that, the last thing I wanted you to do was ruin it. It's obviously completely different from the Ultrafire C-88 pill design. It makes sense, that's were they got the extra room for the 26650s to fit without spacers.

It looks like it's gong to be a real PIA for people to change the driver compared to the screw in pill version. I have a couple on the way to mod. They will be going straight into the freezer to shrink the pill than I will heat the body until it expands enough for the pill to slide out easily. Thanks so much for making the effort to do this for me.

Wow you definitely took one for the team... thats commendable! thanks.

looks like its press-fit. I bet if you freeze the pill and heat the body with a hair dryer, they might go back together easier. I recall the older USA made Inova lights were like that, and guys would take them apart and get them back together this way.

Between Rides -

Yeah, I had no idea. I just ordered the same thing every time.

It now says "The King Kong cells are now ICR26650E."

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/kingkong-26650-4000mah-liion-battery-p-136.html

Foy

It's been a learning experience, Foy. I think the change you noted is because of an email I sent to IOS asking them to clarify the difference and update the website, as we have had several forum members receiving different type cells. Here's the response from IOS:

"Thanks for your information.

Please be advised that the King Kong cells are now ICR26650E as on our website, the INR26650E (old stock in the market) have been discontinued by the factory anymore.

Regards!"

I for one am going to purchase future 26650 cells from Lighthound or Batteryspace. They are at least accurately representing what they are selling. See this post for more info on the subject: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7473

I absolutely love Hanks lights but battery chemistry is more than just a little important. As I said in the 26650 battery thread we're in, my second order included 4 King Kongs; 2 ICRs and 2 INRs that I blithely assumed were the same. I bet I mixed the two in my JM05 at least a half dozen times.

As I also said over there; lot-o-smarts around these parts. You guys never fail to impress and it's a rare evening when I don't learn something new at BLF. Appreciate all you do, BR.

Foy

Today i received some DD partial shipment from a split order. It completes the order and i am happy about that because it means that they do honor all discounting options no matter how many ..etc.. ( ;) )

Not worried at all about my pending 2 last DD orders. I paid for tracking just to go sure (because i wasnt so sure that they had actually shipped the 2 partial shipments of the aforementioned order with all the triple-fold bad-a$$ discounts).

I will be ending up with duplicate copies of tweezers, a hygrometer, and a diffuser .. but i can live with that. no prob.

A hamburger pedal. Will need to resurrect a Windows box for long enough to configure it.

2 packages:

1. From DX, a SMO P60 empty drop-in and a 16mm-base XP-G R5 emitter.
  2. From Intl-Outdoor, 42mm UCL lens, GITD O-rings, and Nanjg105C 8x 7135 driver for my $12 ebay deep-reflector C8 clone.

The GITD O-Rings aren't as bright as I had hoped; my DX 24mm O-Rings are brighter. I need to setup my light meter so I can do a comparison between the UCL and standard glass lens. The next stop would be to buy a U2-bin XM-L. I think the LED in my $12 light is a lower bin as the standard C8s I'm buying from MF seem to be somewhat brighter. It may just be the deeper reflector cutting off more spill making it look that way though. The next time I receive the standard C8, I'll have to do a brightness comparison with the light meter to confirm.

<edit>

OK, the GITD O-Rings are pretty abysmal. Glow is minimal and fades almost immediately. I'm able to use one as a spacer to allow me to thread the pill completely into the body; without the extra spacer, the pill has to be unthreaded about a turn to keep pressure between the reflector and lens, otherwise the lens rattles. Having the pill fully seated should help with heat sinking. Overall, I wouldn't recommend these O-Rings. If you need O-rings for your C8, just buy the cheap ones from MF...

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/42mm-outside-diameter-oring-for-led-flashlight-10pcspack-p-6013

I got a box filled with win from my good buddy X!

Better than the box of FAIL from the other day !

I got two 4A high-med-low drivers for some fun mods when ever my host arrives :D

Were did you find those? Link please.

Got some XTAR 2600mAh 18700's today. I had just gotten a pair recently, but Alfredajero offered me a trade that I couldn't refuse. Doing the group buy thing, I didn't even get a response this time, but just over 2 weeks later, the batteries showed up. Simple, worry-free.

Honestly a member sent me them and I am not too sure where they were from.

If you don't want to say who it was publicly, PM E and me and let us know so we can inquire from him directly. :)

Johnny

I got five 1A tint U2 XMLs on 16mm boards from LCK-LED. I ordered them over 4 weeks ago on 26FEB12 delivered today 31MAR12. These are the cheapest high quality U2 XMLs I have found so far.

I spent $25.50 on all the below. Click a pic to see the full size. Here are my buys...

• Files: 6 for $5
  • Vintage Camel lighter: $4
  • Vintage Colibri Monopol lighter: $4
  • Leather Mag holster for MiniMags: $6
  • Vintage Gem single edged razor (flawless): $5
  • Vintage Solinger Dottatus cigar cutter/nipper: $0.50
  • Vintage Neuweiler Beer bottle opener: $1

This little Colibri Monopol awesome! Just needs a small screw and a flint. These are on ebay for anywhere from $25 - $50 for the more common large size. I can't find any of the smaller like this.

I always wanted a vintage razor. I saw this little Gem and HAD to have it! Perfect condition and only $5. Not sure what it's value is yet but I'm sure it's way more.

This Solinger Dottato is my prized find. First thing I did is look it up on ebay. They are asking anywhere from $29 to $250. Most around $100 or more. This one was only $0.50!!! It was dirty and didn't open all the way but some cleaning with WD40 worked it's magic and it works like new. I always wanted a "V" cutter/nipper but never saw any anywhere. SO glad I nabbed it! I can't wait to use it.

Neuweiler was a local brewery and every time I drive past the abandoned factory I wish I could purchase it and renovate it into condos or something. Such a shame. Anyway, they were around since the 1800's and went under in the 70's or 80's. Supposedly they made real good beer but the big Milwaukee breweries put them under because they just couldn't compete. I had to have this piece!

These vintage flashlights were incredible. Most had aspheric lenses and some were solid copper. At $85 I wasn't in the market and didn't even bother making an offer because looking at this other stuff and prices I had the feeling he could refuse a lot of offers.

Johnny

I also arrived home from the flea market to find 3 packages in the door. Another small box o' goodies from X, a yellow envelope with a couple Nite-ize mini mag switches from ebay, and a second envelope containing a dark green Mini Mag I got from eBay. Great shipping on that ebay stuff. Arrived 2 days after ordering.

It’s not flashlight related but it’s my toy for the day…a digital bathroom scale (on sale no less) for $17.
I’ve never had to think it terms of a diet before but I decided I wanted to lose 10-12 pounds more for climbing than anything else and my analogue scales just weren’t doing it for me.
Now I step on the scales and …bam!..big exact numbers that I can see :slight_smile:
It was cheaper than most of my flashlights as well :slight_smile:
For the first time I’m also learning the daily calories that I require and the caloric value of most foods that I eat. It’s kind of fun actually to be more in control as far as knowledge of what is going into my body.

It's not flashlight related, but it's so rare and so nice it was a very lucky E-bay find. I know there are several Suzuki Bandit 1200 owners on here that will be very jealous to see this fine piece of suspension engineering that will be gracing the ass end of my Bandit shortly. You know who you are and you know these things are almost impossible to find nowadays. I have been in severe remorse since parting with my XR650 so I needed to get that long travel plush suspension feel back. So here it is, don't hate it's a little dirty, but it has less than 5k on it. I am giddy like a little school girl thinking about how nice it's going to feel on the beat up bumpy pothole riddled roads here in New England.