What you got today

We really need a head banging on wall smiley……. guess which dumb ass forgot tobpick up the contact board this morning AGAIN!!!

I’ve just shoved it in my pocket as I’m out early tomorrow.

I have had other thoughts on the jacob.

I’m now thinking contact board and 3a 17mm nanjg….

And before anyone squarks, that little q5 will pull more direct drive if you let it, this is conservative gords J)

YOU lead and i will follow :bigsmile:

i tried a 2.8a driver with a q5, and it would only pull 1.9sum. i guess those lil buggers have a higher vf that are better suited for stacked batteries if you want to really overdrive them

I got one to pull 3.26a direct drive on an unprotected samsung….

It was quite impressive. For what it is, I’ll shove a driver in and see what happens, if it dont pull its weight I have a couple of xre-r2’s to play with :bigsmile:

yeah, i got old ass sanyos (06-07) and TFFs… so batteries could have been an issue there :Sp

i really need to invest in 6 or so good 18650s and 26650s…

TMart order: TangsFire HD2010 two pairs of Trustfire Flame Protected 16340 thanks to JohhnyMac’s review and Kapton Tape
From the same order, the light came from China, the rest from US. All arrived the same day. After three orders, US warehouse does not speed up deliveries to me here in Canada. :frowning:

All four cells were right at 3.8V.
An initial pass over the TangsFire puts it slightly better than the unbranded Tmart version. The finish is slightly better, emitter centered better, more even and defined hotspot, same East-092 driver. Still need to check lumens and throw.
HD2010 models are becoming so variable it’s difficult to recommend them to anyone other than modders (who probably already have one).

I actually don’t have one (yet?). But I ordered the east092 from fasttech. Seems like you cant even trust that to be the real thing at the moment…
Thread about the issue here.
That is what I call a lottery. First, order HD2010. You may or may not get the proper driver. And the light might be a bit “sketchy” compared to others. Then order driver. And again, you may or may not get the right one. :stuck_out_tongue:
I got my driver yesterday btw. Was delivered in under 2 weeks.

i just want to update an update on my above post and wanted to make sure its seen.

the xre r2 on 16mm star from fasttech is NOT an ez900. i looked at it real quick and thought i saw the gold border… now that i was getting ready to install it i took a better look, and glad i did.

bummer… :expressionless:

7 pairs of Keeppower Protected 3400 18650’s from doingoutdoor.
Night is approaching. :smiley:

Olight S20 from doingoutdoor draw, first impressions, very small, tailcap is anodized but gritty as hell, will need cleaning and relubing. The driver is nothing i have ever seen before, but i can only see the back of it looking into the battery tube.
The headcap doesn’t come off, and the clip is not easy to remove (to prevent anodization scratching)
Now i need to buy some 18650s so it can be powered

I got a pair of these and so far they’re running the HD2010 quite nicely (one at a time of course) BatterySpace.com/AA Portable Power Corp. Tel: 510-525-2328 - Powerizer Battery Official Site Have a driver coming that JohnnyMac recommended to up that HD2010 to 5A and am looking for the right XM-L2 to go on a copper star….

I got some Teflon coated 20ga wire off ebay, (25’ of white/brwn stripe 12’ of white $12.90 shipped) so I’m just about ready to do some modding, have emitters reflowed to copper boards, need to do some cutting on 6061 bar stock with the ancient drill press to try and get a heat sink rigged up for a minimagmod. Pushing a XP-G2 direct drive on a single 14500 protected, see how that works out. Just plan on using one of those short reflectors for the packaged minimag drop in led, from niteize I think. Throws a pretty good beam sitting on the heat sink, hoping it’ll be fairly easy. (Which means it won’t be of course)

DBCstm. Whats the driver you have coming for the HD2010?

JohnnyMac recommended this 5A 4Group 9 mode driver. In the second group, I believe a Hi/Med/Lo group, the settings are rampable to the light intensity of your choice. I thought that was pretty cool. From Int’l Outdoor, it’s this one

5A 3-Mode 2.7-4.5V Circuit board
Item# 2.7-4.5V Circuit board

I want to make a copper pill like Gords did for his, but that’s probably beyond me. Might try it with my starter tools in al and see where I get.

http://intl-outdoor.com/5a-3mode-2745v-circuit-board-p-547.html

Of course I ordered 2 of em, hate ordering one thing on a slow boat and have that one get here doa, so I almost never order a single item…3 emitters at a time to ensure I get the bin or tint I was looking for, like that. :wink:

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know, it says 3 mode, but there’s hidden caveats and you can request a 4 group 9 mode right there on the page :wink:

Yep I have a few 4 amp versions. Thanks. It will be interesting to know what yours are actually putting out.

Me sir? I dont have an hd2010……

What you mean is fit a p60 pill like tom e did? Problem being the 5a driver is too tall for a p60 pill, you’d have to dremmel out the emmitter mounting face to give yourself the room you need. :wink:

I do feel that that driver will be brilliant in a thrower. The ramping group is nothing short of awesome. I too am interested to know what current it gives out.

Xtar SP2 charger to compliment my i4. $33 + free shipping from Orbtronic.

There goes my memory again! Someone here made a copper replacement pill for thier HD2010, I’d like to do that but don’t have the ability to cut threads. Or many other abilities for that matter! But I may still be able to create a copper plug to go into the aluminum pill from some 1/4” thick 1” wide copper bar stock I have, that under a copper star may give me what I need to get an XM-L2 cranking out some righteous throwpower for a new king-of-the-shelf around here. :wink:

See? This is why I don’t use names…always difficult for me to remember who did what unless someone’s actually crazy enough for me to remember, Thanks JohnnyMac for pointing me at the HD2010 and drivers for it :wink: :slight_smile:

As a flashback, I think JM mentioned that you,Gords,had written up something about this driver…just perhaps not in an HD2010 capacity.

26650 aleto zoomie (large sipik sk68!) working on review now

solarforce p60 for my mini mag mod