What you got today

I like it when they send packages out of China using Sinapore post. Got it in 9 days from date of order.

Now I just have to lift up the bonnet and plug these suckers in.

Looks good to me Glenn, very practical. Protects some very expensive equipment; goal accomplished!

I don’t blame you there!! I can’t believe all the crap your going through, That sucks!!

YinHex YH-X9 and Nitecore grease from the Wallbuys CNY sale thingy.

The light is horribly underdriven. It has 5 XM-L T6 emitters and it’s about as bright as one. I’m not kidding, my HD2010 puts out more lumens. The problem a 10x7135 linear driver. :expressionless:
The workmanship wasn’t great either… All fixable though.
On the plus side, the machining and finish is excellent. For $46, it’s a real nice host with the potential for 3000+ lumens (my goal). :wink:

Thanks Darren. Coming from you really means a lot to me. Thanks buddy :)

Quality-superb,
Heavy AR coat on big lens on <50$ light?!!
About 54000lux(2 protected samsungs 2600) on high with dirty lens(some Chinese fingerprints and silicone grease),my ultrafire wf-800l(high quality C8) is about 23000lux,king NW from FF is 20000lux.
Tail cap readings: low 105mA,medium 1.2A,high about 2.8A but quickly drops to 2.5-2.6A(these readings are the same for 1 and 2 cells,calculated for 2 cells).Measured with ut-71c and short wires. This means that led is under driven,maybe 2.5A,I’ll probably measure current direct on led.But that’s great news,because relatively high lux reading for not fully driven xm-l U2.
That’s for now,more info later on convoy l2 topic.

I just got an undisclosed something, but it's not for me?!?

Let's see now...

999 posts! That's a Bunch o' PostsTM

(...at least for me. I'm not Scaru!!!)

Look for a new 1000-Post Giveaway Thread, coming soon! Cool

What did you say, i can't hear you! :D

cool and congrats on 1000

Ebay buy.

Cost less than ten pounds. Took a week to get here. Only bummer is 22mm next mode driver…that wont last long. My son likes it though.

Gords,

Looks like a nice one. Can you post a link to ebay on this?
Thanks!

Hi tivo, its not a bad looking host but it needs modding. Next mode memory is bloody awful. It also does not seem well driven. I’ll test it tomorrow but I’d guess around two amp.

Here’s the link anyway

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800-Lumens-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-26650-/360542882723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f207cba3

Quick summary.

Looks sharp. Has a fair heft to it. Its bulky even for a 26650 c8 class light. Gitd oring gives a green hue to the corona. Hold off till I’ve stripped it and checked the pill.

At the moment, it looks like 22mm contact board and nanjg, but I dont know if the pill is deep enough, it’s also all aluminium so soldering wont be easy. The other option may be a p60 pill ground down and pressed in, again depending on space in host/pill.

Nice looking one using 26650. Will watch for your additional review.

Finally got my Cam Fracture Boot today. I have to wear this thing for the next 6 weeks even when I'm in bed sleeping!

I swear everything I have ordered in the past month all came today. I got:

My multimeter from BLF user Nitro, already using it and its great.
Got the Small Sun ZY-T13 from the wallbuys group buy deal. Really like the size of this guy, charging up some 18650s now so I can do a review on it.
Got my enclosures for a amplifier I am building!
Also got the rowing machine I ordered, haha. Its Christmas in March! Now I’m starting to worry that I have nothing on the way.

Hmm. Nice leg. Showed the pups and they started drooling. Lucky its winter over your way as I reckon it would be a good foot warmer. Are we putting bets on you take it of early? Get well soon glenn.

Glad to see you got it finally. It’s not as bad as I imagined (think giant ski boot :wink: ). I can’t even sleep with socks on, so I can’t imagine sleeping with that!

A little SkyRay host for 18650 cell and P60 drop in with a UV P60. Been looking at everything under UV and my eyes are tired! lol Amazing the things that fluoresce and the things that don’t. Found 2 stones in my mom’s wedding set that look fake! :frowning: After 62 years of marriage she swears none have been replaced, but those 2 are vastly different than the rest, she even went and cleaned it , same result. 2 are cloudy and plasticy looking compared to the others. Only visible under the UV. This thing is intense! Gonna have to get some UV glasses, for sure.

These 2 items if anyone’s interested:
[SKU:11339] 1 x Sky Ray S-R5 Flashlight Tube - Deep Metallic Blue (No LED emitter) = $7.99
[SKU:6239] 1 x Taiwan 3W 380nm UV Flashlight Drop-in Module (4.2V Max) = $10.81

Big delay for Chinese New Year, at the end of which I was told the host was discontinued. Once they changed the sku number (to an identical looking host) it took 12 days to get here.

Keep it saturated with good spirits and you’ll be fine! (keep the path to the toilet clear, you’ll be fine)