What you got today

Actually fluorescence in diamonds is not unusual:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond\_(gemstone)#Fluorescence
35% show fluorescence

Glad you finally got your boot, not comes the aggravating times with the boot… I remember those days but I had to use crutches also. Good luck with everything…

Yeah, that's normal. My wife's wedding ring (and mine as well) have several stones that glow under the UV. I've seen the typical blue/green glow and I've even seen a couple of stones that glow with a reddish tint. What's really odd is a diamond earring my wife has; it will actually phosphoresce for a short while after being exposed to the UV light. It's a tiny diamond, but you can visibly see it glowing if it's dark enough and your eyes are adjusted.

Go to Wal-Mart or wherever you can, and buy a pair of UV-Blocking yellow-lensed safety glasses. Mine cost $5. Your eyes will thank you, and you will be able to spot fluorescence better than you could before.

Sure thing, been meaning to do just that and keep forgetting! lol My eyes did notice when I was searching everything out last night, believe me!

I have a 7 diamond wedding band, lined up in a row (well, one’s missing now) that matches my wifes and one of those looks cloudy with the light on, then phosfluoresces a light purple in the dark! funny, makes ya think they’re not real or something. I told my wife if her solitair did that it’s going back! But it’s clear, regardless of light.

Thanks for the recommendation on this host/drop-in combination, really cool. Now I need to go scorp callin when it warms up a bit more. Any particular weather their fond of?

EDIT: Do I need the glasses? I wear glasses that have 100% UV blocking both A and B, but don’t know about Ultraviolet.

That should block the UV well. To check, shine the light through the lens of your glasses at something that would normally fluoresce brightly. The lenses should filter the UV out and the item should not fluoresce.

The yellow serves another purpose though; it filters out the visible blue/purple light which also helps keep your eyes better dark adjusted. This prevents the visible light from washing out the fluorescence and helps make it much more visible. If you can find some yellow clip ons for your (assumed prescription) eyewear, that may work...

http://dx.com/p/clip-on-uv400-protection-resin-lens-attachment-sunglasses-medium-54588

Can’t do clip-ons, my glasses are minimalistic…Titanium temples, Titanium bridge, high index plastic lenses with double AR coatings. No frame around the lenses at all. They’re not even hinged at the temples, and light…mercifully light! lol Aptly named as “Silhouette”

This light has huge output, no dim blacklight effect outta this one!

8)

A real flashaholic wouldn't be seen wearing that boot.

This is the boot you should be wearing!

:D

is what the UPS man is bringing today from Ebay. It’s not the newest lens of the 80-200mm bunch but still a mostly metal workhorse.Without having fired off one frame I know this will be my most favorite lens.Even if I will have to renew my gym membership to hold it up.

Got my a60 today reflector fine,ano fine,emitter centred,no paper disc under star just compound.Tailcap lubed.
PRints underside of lense ,idont think they r (chimp prints)as its put together well.The battery tube squealed like a pig when unscrewed,not lubed.Im pleased.Now i just have too mod it!

got an order from fasttech, 120ml of DK Tab, and 10ml of cappuccino and Ruyan1. the cappuccino reminds me of my old favorate, CashCap… will be ordering 120ml of this. havent tried the Ruyan1 yet.
also got a xre r2 on a 16mm star… will get transplanted into the small sun zy-t13 this weekend

and, also got a package from a generous member here,
got two mag reflectors, one with cam chopped and one without. also got a cutter reflector and a aspheric lens that fits the mag. thanks a bunch! havent had a chance to play with any of it yet, but i will be later tonight i betchya

We really need a head banging on wall smiley……. guess which dumb ass forgot tobpick up the contact board this morning AGAIN!!!

I’ve just shoved it in my pocket as I’m out early tomorrow.

I have had other thoughts on the jacob.

I’m now thinking contact board and 3a 17mm nanjg….

And before anyone squarks, that little q5 will pull more direct drive if you let it, this is conservative gords J)

YOU lead and i will follow :bigsmile:

i tried a 2.8a driver with a q5, and it would only pull 1.9sum. i guess those lil buggers have a higher vf that are better suited for stacked batteries if you want to really overdrive them

I got one to pull 3.26a direct drive on an unprotected samsung….

It was quite impressive. For what it is, I’ll shove a driver in and see what happens, if it dont pull its weight I have a couple of xre-r2’s to play with :bigsmile:

yeah, i got old ass sanyos (06-07) and TFFs… so batteries could have been an issue there :Sp

i really need to invest in 6 or so good 18650s and 26650s…

TMart order: TangsFire HD2010 two pairs of Trustfire Flame Protected 16340 thanks to JohhnyMac’s review and Kapton Tape
From the same order, the light came from China, the rest from US. All arrived the same day. After three orders, US warehouse does not speed up deliveries to me here in Canada. :frowning:

All four cells were right at 3.8V.
An initial pass over the TangsFire puts it slightly better than the unbranded Tmart version. The finish is slightly better, emitter centered better, more even and defined hotspot, same East-092 driver. Still need to check lumens and throw.
HD2010 models are becoming so variable it’s difficult to recommend them to anyone other than modders (who probably already have one).

I actually don’t have one (yet?). But I ordered the east092 from fasttech. Seems like you cant even trust that to be the real thing at the moment…
Thread about the issue here.
That is what I call a lottery. First, order HD2010. You may or may not get the proper driver. And the light might be a bit “sketchy” compared to others. Then order driver. And again, you may or may not get the right one. :stuck_out_tongue:
I got my driver yesterday btw. Was delivered in under 2 weeks.

i just want to update an update on my above post and wanted to make sure its seen.

the xre r2 on 16mm star from fasttech is NOT an ez900. i looked at it real quick and thought i saw the gold border… now that i was getting ready to install it i took a better look, and glad i did.

bummer… :expressionless:

7 pairs of Keeppower Protected 3400 18650’s from doingoutdoor.
Night is approaching. :smiley: