What you got today

I just read JohnnyMacs review on the BlackShadow Terminator this morning and it made me want one in a bad way! You’re gonna have to post some beam shots with that bad boy! Where’d ya get it? And what’d it set ya back if you don’t mind my asking? If AW cells are run it there’s another cool $80 in cells!! But man, the sheer power of it, makes me remember the days in my teen years when I went spotlighting with my brother and cousin…we’d have been in hog heaven with one of those!

I have that phone system, and love it. It's the only one I've found that works throughout the entire Casa de X (lots of steel/?Indian burial ground?)

I'm loving it too. I was able to link it with my bluetooth headset. Works GREAT!!!!!

The little missus stopped at the post office today and picked up my Imax B8+ charger/discharger for me. Can't wait to see this baby when I get home!

Let us know how the B8+ is Johnny! That one’s on my shortlist :slight_smile:
Got my Convoy M1 (NW) from Fasttech today. What a great light. The build quality is exactly as described in JohnnyMac’s review. The consistency with these Convoy models is impressive.
I do hope they do not go the way of the SRK; terribly inconsistent.

I got it from doingoutdoor, I’m not sure if it would be OK to post the price on here because I may have got it well below MAP, but go to the site and there’s a coupon code: a36f4b2d75 put it in your cart, enter the code and you’ll see the price. (I just checked and it’s still the same price I paid) however it’s currently out of stock for the U3, (as it was when I went to buy it but I emailed them and they replied after a few days that several had arrived). Not sure if I would have got this if I didn’t get that price, I also decided on it after reading JohnnyMac’s review. Not sure if I will regret getting the U3 over the NW because I usually try to get NW lights, but decided on the U3 for the extra oomph.

As for batteries I felt the same way as you because I needed 4 more for the Terminator so I had to make a decision, l almost bought 4 of the Keepower 3400mAh batteries (also from doingoutdoor) but couldn’t bring myself to pay $50.00 for 4 batteries the same day as buying the light and holster. I agree the AW are high quality and I use them for my 14500 lights, but they are quite pricey as you say for the 18650’s, when I first got into Li-ions I told myself I would always only use AW’s however that changed when I had to buy 18650’s for multi-cell lights so I started using XTAR 18700’s and found them to be high quality as well. So I ended up getting 4 of the XTAR 2600mAh (at a great price I couldn’t pass up: $27.98 for all 4 from pandawill)

I also bought another charger (a 6 bay XTAR) so I could charge all 4 at the same time, I currently only have the XTAR 2 bay model. I think I’m going to eventually get the Keepower 3400mAh batteries for this light, I think they are one of the highest amp/hour rating available in a 18650, and they are based on a high quality Panasonic cell, here is a link to a review on here by HKJ: Test / Review: Keeppower 18650 3400mAh (Black)

I currently only own three 18650’s so I’m waiting for the new batteries to arrive to fully test the light, they are suppose to be here tomorrow.
As for beamshots I may try that if I can find the time, never did that before as I’m kind of a newbie flashaholic, but if I do maybe I’ll do a comparison shot with my HD 2010, I’m hoping the Terminator has more flood with equal or better throw.

Received yesterday this tiny Ultrafire UF-T1 in a nice plastic case, padded with styrofoam and decorated with a ribbon.

Put against a BLF Mini as comparison to the size.

Nice reply, thanks beam0. With a name like that you know you HAVE to do beamshots, right? A local football field perhaps? That’s what I was thinking of doing to show 200 yds from edge of track to opposite goalposts and the stands on either side for spill. Worth a shot anyway. But then I killed my HD2010 so I’m waiting for a new driver which I killed trying to replace the emitter that I killed with an LiNiMnCo 26650 cell.

I’ll look into that code for sure, thanks! :wink:

As a note on that, I tried an IMR 10440 cell in the little AAA MiniMag I got from O-L last week and it made it VERY bright, and VERY hot, very fast, I was in the process of cutting a filter from the Lee swatchbook to neutralize the green tint and pulled the bezel only to find the dome stuck inside the TIR! So my little MiniMag XP-G is de-domed! lol. Won’t be running the IMR Efest cell anymore, it’s too much for this lil direct drive light. Supposed to be 3A capable. :slight_smile:

Dale

Does bad guts count :smiley:

Seriously… received 2 Sky ray kings from Fasttech today, Just going over them for damage as I post

regards B

Where did you get it from? Now thats the true meaning of a “Gift Box” :party: …Best price I can find so is Manafont.

Got a bunch of these from DX.
http://dx.com/p/sporting-outdoor-neoprene-armband-w-two-pockets-adjustable-band-for-samsung-i9300-black-180193
When I’m at the gym or jogging, back zippered pouch for the cell, front velcro pouch for the iPod.
Very handy and cheap. For those of you who like to pack a light.
Front pouch for cell, back pouch for EDC and a couple of batteries.

olight i6
tail cap 1.5a xtar 2600,
1.1a 2x maxell cr123a .Also came with a nice lanyard

Just picked this up in-store at Canadacomputers. It’s on sale online to but shipping kills the deal.
was on sale for $44.99
Time to get testing
Everyone i’ve talked to on here has said go with this charger so i did.
For once i didn’t have to order on the internet and wait a month. just grabbed it on my lunch.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=747&item_id=035136

After i got refound from Dx (D88 never received ) was hunting for 2x cree small factor bicycle light that can look as cute as D88, And finally week ago here it came. Ordered one , and today received :wink: Very happy with modes, amount of light, , wide hotspot, and buld quality , which I found very high for this price level. And whats most important it can be very easly modded :slight_smile:

Looks great. Is that from Ric (CNQG)?

Edit: And to stay on topic, I got yet another BLF A8 (this time CW) and BLF Mini-01, both from Rey.

Or maybe from FastTech?

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1603/10003977/1285800-solarstorm-x2-cree-xm-l-u2-4-mode-2000-lumen-led-b

I got these yellow polarized clip-ons couple days ago from FastTech. Very nice for the price.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003449/1256900-clip-on-uv-protection-polarized-attachment-sunglas

The Manafont one does not seem to come with gift box… I bought the Kaidomain one. :party: