What you got today

Securitying flashlight from Amazon. Cree XML emitter zoomie. Not exactly the caliber of flashlight that I normally buy, but I had a gift card to burn.

Nice box though :)!!

Got a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse so I can buy more flashlight related products :)

4*EBL 18650 2600mah @ $1.84/each
4*EBL AAA 1100mah for testing

Olight SR95… this thing is huge :smiley:

I got my first two $7 headlamps. They came in plain white boxes (slightly damaged by Finnish / German / NL post), nicely in bubble wrap. No chargers or anything extra, just the headlamps. One of them had slight imperfections in the reflector, but for $7 I won't complain. It will get DC fix for flood anyways.. :)

Both work fine and are just as I thought them to be: 1 or 2 x 18650 (parallel, 4.2V), smooth reflector, 3 modes: high ~1.5A, low ~0.3A (clearly visible PWM), strobe.

Below the light working with 1x18650:

Got my 1.8a laser driver yesterday. Got a quick pic here. Thats all I will be doing with it from now until I get some safety glasses

Just kidding, its really a dedomed XRE with an aspheric

I’ve never been around a high power laser, is that what you see IRL or does the camera pickup the beam and the eyes only see the point?

You see the beam. My flash was on so it is not quite as intense as it looked in person

Are you planning on writing a mod thread for this?

Use the search box to search for "laser guru", it's all in that thread. I have not posted anythj.g about the driver yet, but can when I get home tonight

Received my first Nichia from Hank IOS a few days ago, just got time to install the emitter. This is my first Nichia 219B light because my L10 is still at post office. Too lazy to pick up. I really like the tint of this emitter!

Inside this light/host

My Ultrafire F13s came in today… finally.

NobleX13 holy crap after all this time?

Yep. I don’t think I ordered as early as you; mine was placed on June 9th. That makes 38 days by my count. Talk about slow boat…

I got my largest digikey order ever yesterday (which included some parts I’ll be shipping to Djozz), its always fun to sort threw them. Also got 2 6m packs of 18AWG silicone wire from I.O.

[iphone pana-pic, if it doesnt display right on your screens let me know)

some of those parts were my XP-E2 colors I was waiting on, I had this host built with warhawk’s driver (the blue one with royal blue XT-E was already complete) so I got one of the green emitters in the green host, today I’ll be building the red one and I’ll also be putting a green XP-E into my other green host but with factory driver so it can run on an AA, it’ll be the new light that’s left in my greenhouse for checking on plants at light (plants dont sense green light, its like its still darkness to them)

For some reason the FL of the XT-E works with the SK68 when on a noctigon but not the XP-E2’s so I’ve gotta mod this green one and the red one to allow the head to move out slightly more. I will be using these 3 lights to take a really cool photo that’ll be my new business card design.

Also got the new white XP-E2 o replace the one witha broken bond with in my SK98 and its doing 84kcd now! (up from ~60 with the broken one)

(Yes I’ve became sort’a obsessed with RGB lights recently but thats cause I pretty well conquered white lights, gotta do something exciting and with 3 young kids and living in the city I really dont want to step up to lasers just yet)

Got a huge box of stuff from my electrical engineering professor (ret. from BGSU) uncle sent me, I’ll go threw it later but for now the biggest thing was this 700w resistor!

I like the idea of coloured sk68 :bigsmile:
Which resistance has this resistor?
one thing makes me really curious: why do you need a green light for the greenhouse? Do you have some hyperactive plant(from your other uncle which works on the nuclear power plant) which will instantly will grew up to the ceiling if you hit it with some light…

Here’s the other stuff from the box…

These are to attempt to build a battery tab welder

This is a battery tester my uncle built for one or 2s Li-ion’s, each switch adds another 1.5ohm 50w resistor.

And these are a bunch of random larger resistors for some testing I have I get to.

He also sent me a bunch of pic’s of his battery testing setup, he’s currently testing some Li-ion/lead acid hybrid batteries for someone on the auto industry from Detroit (he cant say who and I can’t post any of the pic’s but it’s an impressive operation. Oh and he’s retired, this is all hobby work for him (tho he gets compensated).