What you got today

Nitecore EA11 from recent GB. Was amazed how powerful this light is on just one Eneloop!
Bummer: import duties and handling fee absorbed pretty much all the savings from the GB :frowning:

LED Lenser P7.2 from Fasttech:

These, as far as I know, in focused mode, are the only real pure throwers available. That is, it puts most of the light of the LED into a narrow beam. The closest other configurations to doing this are an aspheric or refracting Fresnel lens with a very large ratio of diameter to focal length or a very deep reflector.
This works like a 19th Century Fresnel lighthouse optics, with a total internal reflection element surrounding an aspheric lens. It differs from a lighthouse mainly in having only one of each type of element.

It also has good flood, using only the central refracting lens.
This appears to be the same thing sold for a higher price for the US and European markets, just from a batch intended for a more price sensitive Asian market.
If I can make it a little brighter, it will be an altogether nice light. But there seems to be no simple way to use a lithium ion battery in it.

Not the BLF special, but still a nice one. The thing has a hidden strobe mode (supposed to be four mode only, no strobe) so I am trying to avoid it for now as I do not like the blinky modes much… I am impressed with the form though, my first “tube” light and I am liking it. I have a C8 as well, that thing is a thrower of course, so the A6 is much more usable. Stoking it with some laptop pulls which make the whole 18650 light thing soooo much more fun.

1x 28mm AR lens.
1x LD 2c 3amp driver.
1x LD 4b 2.4 amp driver.
2x 16mm Noctigon with XP-Lv6 2c leds.
2x 21mm PCB’s.
5x 16.7mm PCB’s.
2x XP16mm Noctigon MCPCM’s.

edit: and 18 awg. red & black

Order came in fast as expected but the stuffs that I need are not in there Awaiting for second bag...

I use my DQG Tiny AA everyday too. It is definitely my first choice for EDC light right now.

I finally was able to pick my new to me Tundra crew max with the rock warrior package. This truck is amazing.

It looks spectacular! Congratz on your new ride! :beer:

Its beautiful!! Congrats

new xbmc box - Matricom G-Box Midnight Q

Thanks , now it just needs some led’s. :slight_smile:

Those Tundra's are sweeeet! My brother has one, white, with the turbo. He gets to burn all 4 of em into a slide. POWAH!!!

Got this beauty today:

Black african tree and white oak
Steel: hardened D2- RWL34
I always wanted a custom made hunting knife…lets hope for the wifey not to look closer :slight_smile:

Saaweeet!

Just turned up and there are still 5hrs till it gets dark.

I can feel your pain! :slight_smile: Do you really have “dark” in London at all? I find it really hard to find in Stockholm.

Kind regards

It gets just dark enough for me to see how much I can light it up again.

Got a few more convoys today. Red S2+ and Black S2 came today

Some Ladda batteries from Ikea and a couple of knives (Enlan M028 and SRM 7063 orange) and orings from fasttech. The knives are better than I was expecting. The open/close mechanisms work pretty well. I can’t comment on blade quality yet.

The new Jetbeam WL-S4 arrived in yesterday’s mail. What a powerhouse of a light (2600 lumens) - and beautiful tint, on top of that :-). Not too surprised, with that ginormous reflector. Very nice light. I only wish I had bought more lol.

RRT-1 on the left; WL-S4 on the right

I used that E50 (in the background) to ceiling bounce the light in back, and a Fenix PD40, in front, to do the same, up front. Very little camera flash was used.

The MT-G2 is not known for throw, since it’s such a large emitter; but, combined with a large head, it does the job. The rating is supposedly at 380 meters.