What you got today

Hoping to see a review/pics of that Manker Godmes. I have the Rambler and love it! Built like a tank!

A parcel from GearBest today:

1. XTAR MC1 mini charger - I've need a compact 18650 charger for my travel kit, this should do very nicely.
  2. A pair of USB three-emitter MINI-type lights - nice a bright, compact. The ones I already had got good use during the 24-hour power outage we had on Monday, following the tornados in our area.
  3. A "20W" LED light bulb using 102 2835-sized emitters - I'm not expecting much out of this bulb...
  4. 2x "7W" GU10 bulbs w/ 5630 emitters - construction is poor, heat-sinking is negligible/non-existent.
  5. A "301" green focusable LASER with key switch - going to play with this when I get home from work and see how it compares to my old <35mW DX green Laser Pointer.

<Edit>

Laser is DOA, light bulbs are dim, bordering on unuseable. On a more positive note, I got my $20 refurbished Sony e-ink ebook reader from Newegg today! I've been fascinated by e-ink displays ever since they were just concept and novelty items. Theyhave finally gotten cheap enough that I can get one... now that everyone has moved on to LCD based tablets!

<Edit again>

The laser is NOT DOA! As there are no directions, (or packaging, or anything else) I assumed that the battery would be installed the same as a flashlight (positive toward the head). I tried installing the battery counterintuitively, with the positive pole at the tailswitch, and it worked perfectly.

I always thought it would be shorter than S3... oh... and it can't fit my protected NCR18650Bs, those are too fat.

Looks same. I got 5 pack from Convoy.

Put some 3/8" heat shrink tubing on those clips to keep from scratching the bodies on those nice shiny new lights!

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31414

I read an article Xiaomi claims to have sold over 10 million of these power banks…

With that USB-LED, what will it run in hours? Ages, perhaps? :smiley:

My Panny Bs fit mine .

They aren't even snug .

Hmmm .

Not that long actually. Probably 50 hours. I have one. I need to charge it once every two weeks. 4 hours per day or so.

Oh, I got my solarforce L2T from tinywind today! Love it. Feels so much better than L2m in hand. Perfect host for my Vinz drop in.

I got a Condor Tool and Knife Golok:

Actually yesterday :slight_smile:

From LightsCastle: A divinglight for use in my bathtub (when I can´t find my rubber duck in the dark)

From Tinywind: A Hugsby P2. A few years old design but still looking great! 14500 extension mounted in the pic

Kind regards from me and the elephants

I think they claim 38 hours with the USB Light. I haven't tested the runtime with it yet. I charged my Nexus 7 and my Moto G and I still have 3 out of 4 LED's lit. Both were about 50% charged when I connected them. I need to drain both down to around 10% and see what I get. BTW, I checked the code on the box to make sure I didn't get a fake. Thankfully it's legit according to Xiaomi's Product Authentication website

A POP Lite t62 from DX, sooner than expected from San Leandro, California. It has lighthouse type Fresnel optics; like LED Lenser and Coast; it has two zones, one reflecting (probably TIR) and one refracting.

The beam spot is not round. With the head fully extended, the reflecting part is in focus but the center aspheric part not yet in focus, like the Coast HP1 but much narrower, opposite from the LED Lenser P7.2. But something is a bit crooked. Maybe the LED is not in the center. It doesn’t really detract from the throw, but it looks sloppy.
The build seems very good, except that it is hard to unscrew the bezel, and for the lack of rotational symmetry. I like the forward clicky switch. You choose the mode before the full click that makes it stay on.

I tested the included 18650 cell by cycling it in my charger. It says on it only “+ Li-ion 18650 2200 mAh 3.7V -”. It tested at 2000 mAh! An included cell that really is worth something. With it, I read 0.6A at the tail.
The included charger also seems usable. It plugs into a socket in the light, so the battery can be charged without taking it out. It says “18650 Li-ion Charger MODE XY-088 INPUT: AC 100V-240V 50/60 Hz 0.5MA MAX OUTPUT DC4.2V 700MA”. Then there is a UL logo and some symbols I don’t recognize, then “MADE IN CHINA”. It measures 4.26V, which seems safe and, within the accuracy of my cheap meter, equal to the claimed 4.2V. It has only one green LED which is on when it is plugged in, so it is probably just a 4.2V power supply. That isn’t ideal but seems perfectly good, only not optimal speed.

I’ll probably start a new thread about it, if and when I get the head off.

It just so happens……

DQG 18650 CW Mini arrived today. Ordered 18 days ago from BG. New record!
$22.95…great beam… easy UI…small, I mean really small…this becomes a “no brainer”. Got the Warm about a month ago.

It just so happens……

DQG 18650 CW Mini arrived today. Ordered 18 days ago from BG. New record!
$22.95…great beam… easy UI…small, I mean really small…this becomes a “no brainer”. Got the Warm about a month ago.

What batteries came in your power bank?

Thanks,

-Chuck

Not sure. Mi claims either LG or Samsung. I'm not taking it apart to find out.

Its LG. NO don’t take it apart!! Its so damn difficult to take it apart!! Well my powerbank dropped in the reservoir while i was on a kayak so I think it fried the electronics so I took it apart. Their unprotected. Can’t say what the capacity is though… :confused: Heres a photo!

I got five 5000K 90CRI XHP50 from Mouser in the mail today.

Received today an incan surefire g2 host with xenon p60 module. Found about $12 from a local seller.
can use 123A batteries but not compatible with led p60 modüles and 18650 battery.