What you got today

Got busy last week and forgot to post. Various vendors:

Small roll of 63/37 0.3mm solder, Chinese- I hope it’s decent.
A Super-Capacitor pack for a camera
Extra mount for that cam
Metal spudge tool

More goodies entroute
Phil

Order 4 Samsung 30Q, receive only 3 and one 26F protected. Thanks BG. Sigh…

Where did you get the solder from I’m looking for some for upcoming builds?

Pretty dumb, but it is from bg tho :smiley:

Haha at least they did try to replace something with similar parameters… Rather than GB selling this/that ‘style’ batteries

I received the UltraFire 1226 I bought via the Old Lumens sale:

(Thanks OL! I received the light in great shape, I’m very happy!)

This light is a lot heavier than I expected, but in a good way. The factory emitter is listed as an XM-L T6, but doesn’t seem as high-quality as it should be. It performs much better than the CW LB counterfeits found in recent budget lights, but the dome seems slightly off center. I don’t have the means to magnify the bond wire junctions at the moment to see if they are square or round. If this is a counterfeit, it’s a better quality one, but given this light’s performance as-is, it should be fantastic after replacing the emitter with a XM-L2 (or XP-L or XP-G2). Unfortunately, the 26mm PCB on this light is secured on the middle of the plate using glue, with no centering cutout. I’ll have to replace this cutout with an XP-board (preferably DTP) if I want to use the XP sized emitters, and I expect re-centering the emitter may prove difficult.

Second item; I had a 2-year-old but never used Dell Precision 9-cell laptop battery pack given to me for disposal. After charging the pack, I tore it down and found 9 LGABD11865 cells inside. I’ve checked the spec sheet and these are decent 3000mAh cells with 5.8A max discharge current. Four of them have already been re-wrapped with button toppers as a matched set for use in the 1226. A single-emitter light with 12Ah worth of cells should give me some serious runtime! The second four will be another matched set for use in my SRK. The last cell will be used to power one of my Convoy S-series lights which has an older lower-capacity cell installed at the moment.

Wow the lgD1 are great cells, the best 4.35V cells which are tested by HJk

I got it on ebay. Just search MG 63 37.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a 4.35V capable charger, so I won’t be able to take advantage of these cells’ full-rated capacity.

:weary:

LiitoKala® Engineer Lii-500 $24 shipped.

$25.99 CooYoo Quantum CR Mini LED Flashlight
$38.99 CooYoo Quantum TiB LED Flashlight

$3.49 / CURREN WATCH / ALIEXPRESS

The Beast :heart_eyes:

Thanks Fritz and Kenjii

Regards Xandre

Got my first Zebralight today{ohboy ohboy ohboy}pardon me i got excited,it’s a sc62w.The first higher end light i have gotten can’t wait till dark.

Some of my collection. The COURI arrived yesterday :slight_smile:

A bunch of HG2, 25R, MJ1 and VC2. Found a perfect box to organize them.

very good!!!

We all know the old saying: "When in doubt, buy both."

But do we have to obey that in case of six equally tempting lights?

Well.. I don't know. It just happened.. Don't ask..

I got my SS today as well, it’s so tiny and pretty, so bellissimo, I love it :heart_eyes:
Wish I could get CU and TI :~

I have received BLF A6 today.

I got an email that mine are backordered! LOL