What you got today

Mmmmm…not sure what’s problem with your Gh10? Lumzoo GH10 is a very popular headlamp in Chinese flashlight forum; I havn’t hear anyone has any issue so far. I have been using mine for two weeks. Not a single problem! amazing small size for 18650, very good anodized/build quality & simple but boring UI. There is nothing I can complain about.
Size comparison: S1 ti, S41, GH10, SC63W

Added another S2+ to my collection of Convoys

The shorty has a Nichia UV emitter
The blue has a 7135 x8 driver and a warm emitter
The green has a 7135x6 driver and a neutral emitter
The new grey has a 7135x8 driver and a cool white emitter

Well, not new today, but yesterday. A Convoy S2+ UV. I don’t know if it comes in colors but mine is flat black and I have one of my homemade wrist lanyards on it. I don’t trust the factory lanyard. It’s just amazing to see things in UV. Typical Convoy S2+ quality.

I’m going to need to cure some glue so it was an excuse.

Did you get the ZWB2 UV filter with yours? Definitely recommended. It filters out most of the visible light coming out the front, but still allows the 365nm wavelength through.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_266823.html

Just got an Acebeam EC35

Received my On The Road M6 and M3 this week.

I didn’t. I did test it (before considering the purchase last night and researching it) and I found that I don’t find the tiny amount of visible light to be objectionable. Maybe if it was a Chinese UV LED it would pay bigger dividends but not with the Nichia (sp?) LED. I would have purchased one without testing if they had had one 1mm thick just to make it look “cool” and to easily see the light for what it is, but that wasn’t an option. But it’s my only S2+ light that’s in black so I can figure out that the black light (UV) is the only black S2+ that I own. The others are grey. :slight_smile: I skipped the filter as being unnecessary for what I’ll use it for.

I like the smoke to show the beam! Nice pic’!

S1A & S2A :smiley:

My latest triple 18350 light, this time with CW XP-G2 emitters.
Blackwater SR71 in brass, although they listed them as copper.

Still using the dreadful UI as the 1st gen MecArmy PT series, where it will always starts n Turbo for 1 second before it switches to the memory mode.
Same driver and charging port as the MecArmy or CooYoo Particle.

Shorter than the Astrolux, but has the stockiest head among my triple/quad EDC.

I just ordered the convoy light too, Does it replace the glass lense?

Got the convoy S2+ with the nichia UV LED, the filter glass and the clip. Love the all-black stealthy look and this nichia is no joke!!! My bathroom now feels a hundred times nastier, even though it looks clean with the normal lights on… :confounded:

Yes it does. I also got the short tube for mine as well.

Short Tube

I checked my bathroom with mine. The toilet was pretty damn nasty! I did clean it pretty good after I noticed all the urine stains all around it. I love this Convoy!

That’s my understanding. But as I wrote it really isn’t needed with the Convoy. It will make the light look like what it is though; a UV light.

The biggest reason I didn’t add it is because any filter reduces light output, even though it passes the desired frequency it passes less of it. But decide for yourself. I think it was somewhere on this forum that I saw a review of various LEDs and how well the filter works with them. It might have been linked to at the CPF.

Glenn, check around your cooking area. We clean ours regularly after cooking and there are stains from cooking. Around the B’room sink too. It’s cleaned regularly and the surrounding area fluoresces in a general glow. But I suspect some of the cleaners contain brighteners in them to explain that glow. It’s pretty easy to see the difference between body fluid marks and other marks/stains.

Brian, I just checked my stove, and it was pretty nasty even though it looks clean to the naked eye. As far as reduced output with the filter, I haven’t noticed much if any. Here is a picture of my bass guitar pick guard from 10’ away. As you can see it has plenty of output with the filter installed. For less than a dollar, isn’t it worth checking it out?

If it bothered me then yes, I would, immediately. When I place another order I might throw one into the package to experiment with it. Not having played with the filtered version and knowing that we can’t see UV I can’t help but think that the small amount of visible light makes the light a bit safer for me. I can see the spill light to better keep my eyeglasses in position to filter out the UV. In the meantime I’m having fun with it.

One of the deepest saturated reds that I’ve ever seen is some foliage seen at night. But the UV has to be intense to see it. Pepper plants, berries, and tomatoes, especially the underside of the tomato leaf, show this. Other weeds and deck algae also show the red. The world at night in UV is pretty interesting; at least for me.

Any link of the flashlight ?

Link to the light, Click here

ty Brian