What you got today

A tiny recommendation: I believe that the Gearbest ZWB2 filter has a 20mm diameter, while the one that Simon sells is 20.5mm, so it fits the S2+ just a bit better.

The one’s I got from gearbest fit just fine

They just probably rounded it down. Inspired by this thread, I also ordered my first UV light.

My first son :

Congratulations X3, looks well made! :slight_smile:

Got a NexBox A5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow box to replace my old Western Digital Play and Roku 3. I haven’t explored much of it’s capabilities it yet other than setting it up and playing some videos from an attached USB HD. I like that it has optical audio out since my old surround receiver doesn’t support HDMI. So far I’m impressed with it’s video, audio quality, and speed. I got it from banggood for $45.99. I’m ordering another one for my bedroom.

NexBox

+1 on what djozz said. Just remember your priorities. :wink:

Congratulations X3 !
I think you won this thread :beer:

Some GITD powder for experimentation with clear epoxy

Got my fuchsia Klarus mi7 and a few astrolux a01. Its gonna be a flashlight xmas for my friends and family. Got to start unloading some lights onto unsuspecting people in my life.

My combined shipment from Taobao.com, by way of the agent site TaobaoRing.com came.

This $80 order consists of ten inexpensive flashlights, one a 18650 TIR zoomy and the rest AA size lights.

Four SK-58 clones may not have the best knurling and one needed a spacer to focus fully, but very good for the money. They have become scarce on English language sites but are still cheap on Taobao. I was not able to understand the Google translated Chinese well enough to get different types. These all have Osram LEDs and three modes.

These three slim curvy stainless steel jade type lights are a great find, maybe even more beautiful than Romisen RC-A8s. They all work well and are bright. The steel battery tube and bezel screw onto the brass pill. They look and feel just as good as the pictures on the Web site look. They appear to have XP-Es and are bright enough to be convincing.

This 18650 zoomy WarSun A7 “Reflector-Lens” is not as nice a shape as the Ray Bow, but it works very well, right out of the box. With what appears to be an XP-E, it out throws my Nichia modified Ray Bow. Finally a cheap bright multi-zone zoomy. The clip and anti-roll ring come off.

One of these thick walled odd shaped zoomy jade lights takes an AA cell and the other works only with a 14500. The heads appear to be bare Al, while the bodies look like stainless steel but are non-magnetic and don’t seem that heavy.

I now have just one dive light on order, and after that I am going back to pottery, so I won’t have much time and money for flashlights for a while.

Everything ended in split second. Never mod multiple flashlights in a row. Lesson learned.

Some paracord lanyards from Old-Lumens !

From which light is this ?
Did you get a short on the emitter wires with the reflector ?

A POP lite F2 dive light. I haven’t dived for decades and only once ever at night, but I wanted to see what a POP lite dive light is like. Besides, our pool light is out.

It says only POP and nowhere Fitech. It has an XR-E. The TIR optics is different from other fixed or zooming POP lights, because needing to work both in air and in water it has to have a flat front. It says “POP lite” when you look in the front, but it is written on a flat ring, instead of around a cylinder backwards and distorted. It has an aluminum bezel and a stainless steel pill, maybe die cast or drop forged. The driver may consist only of a magnetic switch, or there may also be a resister. It is yellow and glows green under UV. It has a nice owners manual only in Chinese. I really like the shape and color.
The clear optics piece extends almost all the way down to the bottom of the aluminum bezel and seals around an o-ring and against an L shaped gasket. That is the same as my old Tekna Mono-Lith CR123A backpacking light, except with two seals instead of one.
With Eneloops it is quite bright and has very good throw, but not so good with the, probably old, alkalines that came with it, even though they read over 1.6 V.

The “Kaidomain”Brown” host”:http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024739.DIY-KSH-1224-LED-Flashlight-Host-120mm-x-24mm-Brown/
finally arrived :

It is even more a little more matte than the photo seems to show, it feels even matte…
I would describe the color as olive (with. Little brownish teint to it)

Pic here is on a bag they call “kahki” color from Banggood

I like that color.

Today i got a Maglite Solitaire , from my Uncle .
He is moving to a new house and found it while helping him with all the stuff . He knows about my craze , so he gave it to me .
He found it 12-14 years ago , left by someone accidentally in his taxi. He used it for a while , but the last years it was sitting somewhere without anyone using it .

Really like the smart switch it uses.
At first i heard a weird noise from the tailcap . I was inpressed because i didn’t expect it . There was a replacement “bulb” under the spring .
Maglites aren’t so popular here , so it is the first i use . Quite interesting :smiley: