What you got today

Postie brought me a Thrunite TN12 today. First impressions are good. It is a lot smaller than the T30 but just as bright with a bigger hot spot. Just off to test it against my T30 outside. :slight_smile:

First Fasttech order - 12/21 to 1/3 with two holidays

ML102 charger, mini to micro adapter, apple video cable, and some shrink wrap for batt pulls.

I put this together today. A power supply current meter. Purchased the meter cheap off ebay, and the project box from Radio Shack

Great job Glenn! Does it add much resistance to the current path?

Thanks! That's a good question. I measure 13.787 Volts coming out of the power supply and 13.774 at the output of the meter with 1/2 amp load. Tomorrow I'm load it down a with a few amps and see what the difference is..

Well, 13mV at 0.5A is 26milliOhms. Not bad. Measuring at a few different currents will give an average, but I would not expect a dynamic resistance (impedance) on a current sense device.
Got a link to the eBay item? :slight_smile:

found it

Link to meter

Cool! Thanks! Ordered four, plus four 0-99.9V panel meters they had on there as well. Best price I could find for these. Now, the wait…

I have got energizer LSD 2400mah and
Varta Ready2Use 9V (LSD also) batteries from a local ebay like shop. (actually owned by ebay)

Energizer batteries are made in Japan, probably by Sanyo, equivalent to Eneloop XXX batteries.
Price paid is about 20$ for 4 pieces.

I got my intloutdoor order, one xp-g2, a few different tinted xm-l’s, some o-rings, tail cap boots and unfortunately, a grey edc host, I ordered a gold one for a build for Mrs gords and she’s not taken with the grey. It’s not all bad, I’m sure they’ll swap it and I have to order the driver I intend to use, so hopefully they can just drop a gold host in that order and I’ll just post back the grey, we’ll see, yanks been pretty good to me the last few days, don’t want to take the mickey.

Got my 4 bay 18650 protected battery holder from fasttech today. Very nice quality. Word of caution, protected cells will not fit. I tried Hi-Max and Pansaonic's. Since most of my 18650's are unprotected, it's still useful for my needs...

Today the Postman delivered a Thrunite T20 and a Byrd Robin2 G10 knife for work.

Nice looking little knife. 8)

I got my TR-3T6 yesterday (Yippie!), which has already been modded (post to come soon),

I also got my replacement TR-001 from DX. My first one had a bad switch on the side, so they sent a new one and let me keep the first one, which I fixed!

I have a few Byrd knives. They have yet to disappoint. Great quality(made by SRM IIRC) and Spyderco QC. You can’t really go wrong.

order from wallbuys christmas sale, wohoo :slight_smile:

I got a note saying a package (i assume my 2 x 26650 torchlite host) could not be delivered because I have to pay £4.60 tax and £8 handling fee, its a good job guns are hard to get your hands on over here….

I’ve been looking at those two for the Wallbuys promotion… already pushing my light budget though :slight_smile:

how much $ was that Small Sun? I thought to order one from Wallbuys but since I don’t have paypal, unfortunately it’s not going to happen :frowning:

One of my favorite stories is when a bunch of 65+ citizens surrounded one of the DC politician’s car at his home and pounded on it like they were going to rip him out of it . . got the pols’ attention as well as just about anything else.