What you got today

cool, ill drop them in my two edc’s and give them a run.

handed over the zy-t08 kit today.

garage lads were blown away by it so thats good. 8)

hopefully he’ll be back for some more cells and an edc work light soon.

The other mechanic had been looking through a tool mans catalogue. I forget the brand, but they wanted 100 quid for an 18650 tir light with an xp-g.

hopefully he’ll order soon after I showed him my d5 build, and pointed out it would be less than half the price, come with known cells and be much brighter.

xtar wp6 ii

a little let down as the fastech panny ncrb 3400 protected cells BARELY fit.

I have applied 12V for input, measured 3V on one xml led.

oooo i likey those silver switches. what id like to know is how much of a b!tc# those would be to install in a maglite lol

If you have access to 13.8V up to 15V, I think it would be brighter. That driver should put 1A through three series XM-L emitters. Still not full power, but you’d get the 10W anyway.

Two aspheric lenses and a nifty little copper dohicky for AA Minimags. A new supply of Fujik and several different lenses and reflectors for AA and AAA Minimags.

Got this monster in the mail today,huge light that makes the TN-31 look like a baby.I can see how someone with small hands would hate this light,I have big hands so not a problem for me.This is definitely getting a mod soon,although stock is really impressive.The shipping was incredibly fast and had to be the quickest ever from china,thanks Ric.

I have three drivers. So I can connect each of them to the drivers.

I have also tried connecting an old laptop 12V adaptor to the leds in series.
without a resistor, it is heating too much. leds are sticked to an old CPU heatsink.
I will try a very small < 1 ohm resistor to limit the current.

Thanks.

That driver is not designed to drive a single LED. It is set up to drive three in series at about 1A.

Two Panny 3100s and a Tr-01 charger .

Yep .

Than I should use 3x3W leds instead of XML for these drivers, what about using with 3xNichia 219?

I think Nichias would make a nice light with that driver.

Sixteen Countour AA LSD cells. They were pretty cheap - at £3.99 for four (US$6.02 at the current horrible exchange rate). They look like second generation Eneloops, now to find out if they perform like them. No claims about cycle life on the packaging.

What is not reassuring is that the domain contour energy.co.uk mentioned on the packaging appears not to exist. countourenergy.com does and is the parent company, but it makes no mention of any NiMH cells in its product line.

I got mildly annoyed with myself.

Mrs gords let me do a build in the living room using this d4 host from cnqg .

I agree with match, its a real nice host. I built it up with a blf a8 driver and an xm-l 4c. As the driver is one sided and a 20mm star can be screwed down with the supplied screws, the longest part of the build was polishing the star before fitting.

Mrs gords couldn’t believe how quick it went together.

Buoyed by my success, I decided to attack a light I’ve wanted to mod for a while, my one mode trustfire t1. The plan was to add one of lck leds 3a 3 mode ld v9 drivers. Unfortunately once I got the old driver board out, I decided to try my spare 5a driver in the pill……

The u2 that was in there went very very very bright for about a second, then would only glow dimly, even when direct driven off an 18650. No current readings as my dmm is recovering from a typical british spring afternoon, ie drying out, but I would guess it fed a bit more than 5a to the u2.

Chastised, I built the light up with the driver I should have fitted in the first place, a u3 and called it right. That’ll teach me to think I’m clever….

On a plus point, I agree with match, the d4 host is an excellent light. if you can find a one sided driver with acceptable output, then you have two solder connections (ok, three including the positive spring) and then screw it together, the op reflector gives a lovely smooth beam, its small enough to ride in any pocket yet has decent throw on high and with the blf a8 driver has a wicked moonlight mode. I may gift this one to my dad, as he’s expressed an interest having borrowed a few lights, although I would prefer to build him one of these.

Just got a package from Hong Kong. I thought I was ordering 2 10440 IMR cells for my Texas Poker that has yet to arrive. I got 2 packages of 2 cells ea, so 4 10440 IMR cells. Glad it’s more, but don’t quite know what I’m going to do with them all, lol.

So, with shipping it ends up $3.81 each. Ordered Feb 18 and arrived March 16, not the slowest I’ve had from overseas but definately not the fastest either.

What mod is coming soon?

Well…one of my plans is to fabricate a collar adapter to put a side switch on it,but I don’t really get time in the shop for personal projects.I also want to change driver and led’s when they are available.

A new Panasonic cordless phone system from Costco, and parts from Jameco to rebuild a buddy's outdoor intercom speaker/doorbell thingy

Old parts bad!

My friend happy customer

A new Nitecore EA4 XML2 version from Illumination suupply.
This flashlight is so much sweeter in person and the Tint is perfect. No to blue

NOT PICTURED:
I got my Sky ray king from CNQG. Unfortunately after having paypal security issues with his site I received the wrong King.
Said he would hold on to a NW black sky ray king for me while we sorted the paypal issue cause he only had 5 left but he sent me
a gold CW sky ray king :Sp It’s Going straight back, i hate the colour gold on everything