What you got today

Indeed :party:

My Thrunite Archer from the group buy arrived today:

That is one robust flashlight! I must resist modding it because for the time being it will be my reference light for lux-readings. The booklet says max. 178 lumens and throw 2993 lux@1m. This is ridiculously specific, and ignores the variance in leds even within a specific bin. Even if they carefully pick them out to minimize variance (I see no reason why they'd do that) they can still not garantee the light to be within the 0.5% of the output value those very specific numbers suggest.

However, still nice to see what my luxmeter says: throw measured at 1 meter: 3050 lux@1meter , throw at 2 meter (calculated back to 1 meter) 3160 lux@1meter. That is within 5% of the Thrunite numbers, so wether Thrunite is right, or my luxmeter: 5% is very acceptable for me, I sort of trust both Thrunite and my meter now .

A ceiling bounce lux comparison tells me that if the output on a fresh alkaline (Duracell) is indeed 178 lumen (nice), on a fresh 14500 (Nitecore) it is 325 lumen, which is not a great number compared to some other smaller hotrod AA-lights. But I can tell you: the Archer beats them in throw!

So many things over the week. Wasn’t able to get to the mail all week. Backlog!
Knives, all from FT:

• Ganzo G713: Nice big knife. Backlock works good, left or right open, and the extra metal on the grip end is mot as uncomfortable as some had guessed. I’m no knife reviewer, but there were some that had questions about this one, so I’ll try to answer them.
  • Enlan Bee L05-1: Very nice, light, liner lock, left or right open, nice clip, beautiful wood grip with a simple but very nice blade. This one will be in my pocket a lot.
  • Sanrenmu PR-603: Small knife with dark wood grip, liner lock, right hand open, no clip. OK for a small pocket knife.
    Out of the box, only the G713 will shave hair.

Lights and related bits:

• UF 602C host from FT. Put in a 1.14A driver with a Nichia 219 for a very nice EDC.
  • Six XM-L2 U2 , five XM-L U2 on 16mm, and four Nichia 219 emitters from IS. Three L2s in the BTU already… nice little upgrade, except I broke the driver :frowning: Now It’s DD, 5A+ one mode; very bright. Did I mention they are on copper SinkPads? J)
  • Camo angle light from Banggood. Not bad, poor heatsinking due to plastic angle section. Was anyone else surprised that this is a 26650 light? I do not recall reading that anywhere when I ordered.
  • New driver from I-O for my ZY-T08. I needed something that would drive two LEDs in series :wink: This was interesting. Mod post to come soon.

Other:

• YiHua 853D 3in1 Reflow Station from eBay. In a word, amazing. The iron works better than my authentic Hakko and the reflow blower is the cat’s a$$ for SMD and LED reflow. I’ll never use any other method as long as I have one of these. It came with just about everything you need (except solder paste) to do the job too; extra heaters for iron and blower, assorted tips for both, straight and angled SS tweezers, one ounce of 67/33 solder, tub of flux, GootWick desoldering braid, and a ‘marshmallow holder’ for making smores with the reflow blower :wink:
  • Two 6W WW LED bulbs from Banggood. Save your money, I have 3.5W LED bulbs that give almost the same output.
  • Canon compatible RC-6 IR remote from FT. Seems to work fine for under $2.

^ Nice

Looking forward to it!

Not new, but I love my Ping clubs… So she got me the matching bag. I think she bought it to keep me from buying the $500 one I saw in the pro shop yesterday.

Hi Relic,

I’m also expecting a 18650 light. It shows on the page that it’s (1*18650) for SKU: SKU061241

Did it came with a 18650 to 26650 adapter?

Yup, that’s the one. I knew it didn’t list the 26650 support. It does come with an adapter. On a 26650 at 4.0V it draws about 2.4A. It’s quite bright, but if you were expecting a small 18650 sized light, you’ll be disappointed. I’m OK with the size,but now I need to order another light like this to fit the small size bill. The angled head is quite useful.
Also, it’s probably definitely not waterproof. Waterproof is something I expect any camo light to be.

OK Relic. Thanks!

zebralight sc52

holy crap - every one needs to get one !

I'm lovin' mine. It's my most used EDC flashlight

its pricey :money_mouth_face:

i just got an eagle tac d25a for my edc light… i use the zebralight around the house because im too afraid i might drop it outside etc lol…

the zebralight was just about the price of the eagletac d25a after promo code on illumination supply

im going to try some protected 14500s in each light soon as well as some lifepo4s when they arrive in the mail

I received a few things recently, here’s the first I photographed, seen next to my stl-v6 for size comparison

an mtg-2 could be fitted

but I used an xp-g2 nw and 3a driver, meet my new best thrower. :bigsmile: plans include a sinkpad and upping the driver current a bit.

My third Angeleyes charger. Could use a few more.

Equivalent to the C9000 but less flexible.

But a third of the price. I’ve compared mine to C9000’s and they are at least as accurate and reliable.

And they are still a third of the price while offering the bits of the C9000 spec which matter to me.

Big haul today, five lights and two hosts. Plus a voltmeter.

• UF-009 26650 Zoomie (Keygos M12 clone I think) from DX. Nice light, did my usual mods, spring braid, thermal compound on star and threads, removed metal zoom ring. Draws ~4A, 5-mode, Some visible PWM, no memory, bright!
  • Coffee UF zoomie from SunSky. Hollow pill, but otherwise OK, fixed tailstand and usual mods. Draws 3.5A, 5-mode, horrible PWM, no memory, bright enough.
  • 2x 501B hosts from SunSky. Other than the strange silver colour, the hosts are good. I built one up in XM-L U3 with a DD driver harvested from some other light. Draws 4A, Super bright! I added some brass braid to the head to help with heat. High is a short term mode; hot fast!
  • XIAOZHI NW from FancyFlashLights. Nice light, very nice beam, but two things disappoint me. The tailcap was crooked and partially sticking way out of the hole, and there is a fingerprint on the inside of the lens. I replaced the tailcap but it was an ordeal as I wanted to make it tailstand. The hole is too big for the tailcap so it doesn’t sit right.
  • Balder SE1 XM-L T6 NW from FancyFlashLights. It’s OK, not the brightest. Wait, it takes a 14500… OK it’s bright! Very smooth beam. I like the forward clicky and it’s built like a tank. Some visible PWM. No chance for a stable tailstand.
  • ThruNite TiS, won in the ThruNite Forum giveaway. Looks durable, simple, one mode, not as versatile as the Tank007 E09, doesn’t tailstand. On the keychain it goes.

New meter from DX, VICHY VC99. Nice meter, haven’t given it much of a go yet so can’t say it’s good yet.

Hi Relic

What are your thoughts about this DMM. I'm thinking of getting one.

I got FOURSEVENS Preon PenLight from IS and a watch (yes!)

is this burned orange color? 8)

are you going to review it? ;)

fast delivery by IS, sweet!!

Yes, but the colors are bit off in the photo (taken with my phone)

Sure. I can review this.

And yes! Fast delivery. It was shipped the same day I ordered it. Ordered 4/6, shipped 4/6, arrived 4/11 = five days from US to Finland. Thank you IS! :)