What you got today

Looks nice. Looking forward for the review!

My Jetbeam RRT-01 arrived this morning. First magnetic ring edc light, and it’s small. Very small. Beam looks OK, but I’ll know better when it gets dark.

Guess what arrived today!

It’s really very very tiny! :bigsmile:

Placed a Ultrafire UF-T1 to the left for the size comparison.

I knew that Palight will be OK light :D

That light looks really nice!!

arrived today after being “mis-sent” by the P.O several times :Sp

lol… i was just trying to buy those $.010 chargers but wallbuys website screwed, so each time i clicked add and pay,
the cache is still showing Zy-T13 in the cart… so i ended with 4 ZY-T13, good thing it’s a nice light
too bad i’m missing out on the Archon, too busy playing Candy Crush gameswaiting for the clock to start
lucky for me… i didn’t click the X6 few more time

I feel your pain. I had a package arrive at the USPS hub near me (Bethpage, NY). For some reason it got redirected and ended up in Puerto Rico! WTF! Well luckily it got redirected again back to my post office and was delivered to me. USPS blows!!!

One of these drivers with ramping, from Fasttech.

Other than not delivering 5A in my XM-L2 SinkPad’ed HD2010 (I expected this though, Only DD with the East-092 driver gets up and over 5A), it works exactly as described on the page.
The ramping is a bit fast but if you let it cycle through you’ll catch it the next time.
I don’t think it will be that useful as the ramping is a mode group on its own. It is the only mode. If you are in the ramping group, tapping will initiate a new ramp cycle. then you pick your new level (pauses at moonlight, 50% and 100%).
The disco modes (including a neat beacon strobe mode) are hidden in a group along with 30% and 100%.
There is also a dedicated 100% single mode group which is nice for those that want 100% all the time.
Default mode group is 100% > 35% > 10% (seems a bit lower than 10% though, maybe 5%).
PWM is not visible to me, but I’d guess it’s in the 1kHz.
I think I can get it closer to 5A if I beef up the wires between boards.
Not sure I want to keep it in this light though. The East-092 mates up well with the XM-L2 on copper (5.5A is nicey bright).

Relic,

Re: •To change mode, go to LOW mode, wait for 3 blinks after 5 seconds, and tap or half press the on/off switch, or quickly power cycle

How do you change mode if you are in a group with no Low mode?

The new Zebralight SC600 Mk II and a few days before that, the new TX25C2 with the XM-L2 U2 LED.

How many amps are you getting?
Please tell if improving the wires help.
I have not tested my 5A (3 mode version from IOS) yet. But the 4A with ramping is a a funny driver (despite that I am not getting 4 amps, closer to 3 with a typical 18650). I would not give a light with that driver to anyone though. It would easily be too complicated for a non flashoholic. At some point they would change group and not understand anything… :stuck_out_tongue:

In groups where there is only one mode, well, just wait in that mode. The two multi-mode groups both have a low mode.

I got around 4A with the wires as is. I didn’t check the cell voltage though. I’ll do a more controlled test and post a mini review.

I got a good working Fluke 77III and a Dremel (single speed) second hand,

it cost me close to nothing… cheaper than buying a SRK from wallbuys :wink:
Glad I found this deal local.

Got a 9 outlet power strip yesterday to organize my mess of power cables behind my TV stand instead of on the side which looked like crap

I received my two Sanrenmu H03 knife/bottle-openers today .

Excellent machining and function .

I should have bought more .

I bought 4 of these Cree 9 watt, 800 lumens, 2700K (warm white) light bulbs from Home Depot today for $12.99 each. I love them! I'm going back tomorrow to pick up some more.

BTW, they work great ok on standard dimmers. Light output is equivalent to a 60 watt incandescent light bulb.

Update:: Dimming range isn't as good as a standard incandescent bulb. Still acceptable. Your milage may vary.

does the base get too hot to hold?

It gets pretty hot, but I can still touch it. The globe only gets slightly warm. I'll take a measurement later after the bulb's been on for a while. BTW, it comes with a 10 year warranty, and it's made here in the USA

UPDATE: Bulb temperature readings after 90 minutes at full brightness: At the base below the heatsink I get a reading of around 30 degrees c. At the heatsink I'm geting around 50 degrees c. Just above the heatsink where the globe attaches I'm getting as high as 80 degrees C. The laser at this point is measuring the internal temperature. The globe itself is only slight warm to the touch. The internal temperature seems really high. Interesting....

very nice glenn! ive been holding off biting the bullet for a little while now… i have about 10-12 bulbs i plan on replacing, 8 of them on dimmers