What you got today

My CQG S2 arrived from CNQG today but the engraving is wrong. It's not what I asked for - close, but not correct. I have contacted Ric by email and PM to resolve the issue. Comforting to know that I'm not the only one who's engraving was messed up but it doesn't make it suck any less. All it took was a second look to make sure what is input into the engraving machine was entered correctly and matched what was requested in the order before committing it. Now another customer is unhappy and it needs to be redone which will cost them a redo.

The light itself is very nice though. Beam is a bit ringy but the tint is nice and it seems brighter than 80 lumens. Build quality is superb as expected.

That’s not good Johnny, I’m guessing he spelled your username wrong?

I really hope mine will be OK, its a gift for someone else with their name on it.

Yeah, it’s a hobby with limited resources :stuck_out_tongue: either you have to wait until your hair grows up or you will have to find a donor :smiley: And in the spirit of this thread: my red and greed XP-E emitters are in the country, expect them on next tuesday :slight_smile: I must prepare new code for NANJG 105C so I wouldn’t burn them up with 1000+mA :stuck_out_tongue:

A Toshiba laptop battery (emancipated six 18500 cells, https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/21677) and an Infantry watch from ebay, free Xtar charger spacers from E2 Field Gear.

My wife is not going to be happy about that! But at least I got a few items into the same order … 0:)

I picked up a Samsung digital presenter and an old monitor to use as a soldering aid. It has 14x optical and 3x digital zoom. The fan is a little loud, but it work well otherwise.

Damn, thats pretty impressive.

I got yet another SK 68 clone, for an even lower price, green, not as dark as I hoped. It has an iridescent “CE” sticker over its printed on brand name. The other side says only CREE. It appears to be an XP-E. The min and max spot sizes are both smaller than my favorite example. Nice warm color.

oh man, today was a good day!

Got my 4 s2’s from Ric, one for me, three intended as gifts (luckily, all my engraving was correct)

From FastTech, I had:

• 2 different bike mounts (sku’s: 1050500 and 1181500 …the 2nd one I prefer for my s8)
  • Silicone bike light “bandage” mounts (1404800)
  • 3 different eliquids (Lucky Strike 1158224, Dr Pepper 1158226, and SUPPOSED to be Ruyan4 1393310, but I recieved “Red USA” instead)
  • Green Laser Pointer (1198300)
  • Pack of Atomizers for my eroll ecig (1348202)
  • portable aluminum ejuice bottle (1374901)
  • 4-mode red LED bike turn signal/back light/laser markers (1435501) THIS THING IS AWESOME.
  • pack of 10 eliquid bottles (1425400)

How do you like the aluminum juice bottle? I just ordered sku 1357000

That’s got some impressive working distance over that board! Very nice.

How is the lag with that setup? Most digital magnifiers I’ve tried haven’t really worked well for soldering because the on-screen image never quite kept up with what was happening in real-time, so I have always stuck with optical.

Well, it’ll soon be on it’s way back and awaiting replacement. The little needle pushed into it, and no longer seals into the bottle. Up until this happened it was great, but it started leaking ejuice.

The 10pack of bottles I ordered are also the same type as the one that comes in the aluminum bottle, just minus a small o-ring…this is partially why I ordered it. I can keep the 10ml bottles pre-filled, and just swap in whatever one I want for any particular day.

BTW, the 10ml bottles are AWESOME. seal up tight, needle is easy, quick fill of my eroll cartridges, overall very happy with them.

Three new blades (bottom row) for my Oster Classic 76

I got my shiny stainless S1 today .

Fit and finish is perfect , as is the 'JacktheClipper' engraved on the side . Nice tint , beam profile , and I even like the forward clicky .

Very happy with this one .

I got a couple of warm white gu10 led replacements locally. They were much cheaper than the Philips master pros I love for the cooking area and the cri doesn’t matter where they are being used, only the tint.

barring the two tubes over the breakfast bar, the whole kitchen is led now, those two tubes, I’ll be replacing with warm white led strips once they are in stock at my supplier.

Then all I need to find is some cheap mr16 warm white set ups for the dining room and I’m done with halogen bulbs.

Got my spice orange GameCube and matching GameBoy Player attachment from Japan today! Now I need to mod it to play US games…

From DX:

Ordered Sept. 04, Shipped Sept. 06, Received Sept. 28

(But held at the PO since the office is closed on weekends! I hate living in an area without home delivery. And it seems that most of my international packages are received on weekends!)

4x Makeup brushes (stocking stuffer items for sister-in-laws): http://www.dx.com/p/12839

3x Plastic storage/tool boxes for carrying gear in the scooter trunk:

1. http://www.dx.com/p/121325
  2. http://www.dx.com/p/126831
  3. http://www.dx.com/p/206344

The tan and orange boxes are identical except for color. Both are O-ring sealed and share a common issue with the locking tabs snapping closed very tight against the side of the box, making it difficult to pop back open. I'm going to try to gently heat them with a torch and roll them out to make it easier to open. The green case is slightly larger (it's the medium size; there is a larger size I wish I had ordered instead) and it has a groove but no O-ring seal. The tabs on this box are properly molded so they are easier to open than the other two boxes. On all three, the tabs and hinges simply folds alongs seams that the single-piece case is molded from. I'm not sure how many open/close cycles these will handle before breaking. All three have the foam egg-crate padding to protect items. These are all good sizes to protect small items such as smartphones and other similar devices. The foam and O-ring seal on the two smaller boxes make me think they may be suited for use on a boat as they should provide some buoyancy and protection from splashes.

Today seemed to be the day of the keychain lights!

what are the names/models of the lights, I know only the last one.

Top down: Quantum D2, CQG AAA, S2 from group buy