What you got today

Today I received a Custom P60 drop-in from Mountain Electronics (RMM)

P60 Dropin - Orange Peel Reflector Link

XM-L2 T4 7A3 80+ CRI LED on Noctigon 16mm MCPCB Link

QLITE REV.A 7135*8 3.04A Driver Link
(5mA - 2% - 25% - 100%)

I love the warm tint. Reminds me of bright incan lights I used to have.

..back to BLF after a couple of weeks!

And these:

Postman dropped off these additions to my Enlan EL-01 collection.

Got what I’m hoping isn’t the start of a new collection

An older guy at work said “don’t you carry a knife? What’s the matter with you?”

So I bought two Sanrenmu B4-913P

Bought 12/16, got my shipping email 12/28/13 and arrived today. Pretty quick from exduct.

Received 3 orders of batteries from China/HK in the last 2 days. Didn't know they re-route them through Malaysia these days. Guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

Won a Cqg 1/2AA at Ric’s giveaway :smiley:

My first Internet forum was the rec.knives news group. People were arguing there that people have evolved along with knives. Our fingernails and teeth are smaller than they were before knives, so it is not really natural for a human to be without a knife. The anthropologist on the thread didn’t confirm that, but he didn’t refute it either.

Joined the BTU club.. ^^ Its massive... (Thanks WB)

Got some custom Lumodrv "R86 edition" drivers from DrJones.

6 XM-L sinkpads from LCK-LED (ebay). These were 1st gen as I hoped. (Thanks for the deal 18sixfifty)

5x 5A drivers from Lightmalls (its the small torroid version). Not sure if they are 5A though since others have gotten various stuff

Eagletac GX25A3 with a xm-l2 u2 NW emitter.

Only played around with it for a half hour or so but really love it.
Great tint, great UI and wonderfull output!

For an AA light it really amazes me!

From FastTech:
Ultrafire 602C DIY Host
XM-L T6-4C (driven by a 8*AMC7135 in the 602C Host)
Roche F8 (XM-L T6-4C)

From AliExpress:
Convoy L4 (XM-L2 T5-5B)
Convoy S8 ( 8*AMC7135, XM-L2 T6-4C)

I just love the 602C - extremely floody, great light colour, doesn’t get too hot @ Mid-Mode

i got 4x xtar 18700 purple cells from wallbuys group buy
solarforce l2m
solarforce l2p
intl outdoor p60 (qlite, warm white xml2 t3, 3 mode op reflector)

malkoff high low ring for my md host

A red Black Cat AAA light. Works great some of the time, usually nothing or dimmer. Tapping it on the table gets it working again. Can’t remember who I ordered it from. By far the brightest AAA light I have and good spot, excellent pattern. Not as slim as a Maglight Solitaire but close.

I have received this interesting SS light from a local internet site.

SS? Smiling Shark, Small Sun, subsport, Schutzstaffel?

Stainless steel. ;)

Two SK58s from Price Angels. The good part is that the unordered light they sent me was extra, not in place of this order. The other side is that they are not quite as nice as the first one I got from them. They say Sipik on them, which the first one didn’t. They have OSRAM leds instead of XR-Es. The knurling is still good but not superb as in the first one. The head has the same narrow longitudinal spacing, but the fine grooves are missing or less prominent. I can feel that there is less grip.
Ordering 58s is like ordering 68s, always a surprise.

got my raspberry pi last night. right now i have raspbian set up, and working on getting retro pie installed.

the usb wifi adapter does not seem to be working properly. got it to say it is connected, but i can not access nothing online with it.

using a power a 3-in-1 ps3 remote with it. keyboard works fine, cant seem to get the arrow pad to work. hopefully i will be able to map the controller buttons in retro pie

Did you use noobs? I would recommend to everyone, it’s so easy everyone can use it. They now even sell some cheap sdcards with preinstalled noobs. Very nice.

Which WLAN adapter did you use?
I have the world smallest WLAN dongle from edimax and it works perfect.
On raspian the wifi setup is very easy, there is even a GUI for setting the wpa key and scanning for networks. Just double click the icon on the desktop, scan, fill in the key and done.
As easy as on a real computer.

I didn’t manage to get a static ip yet but as I have no real use for the whole thing anyway it’s no big problem.

I think it is just my wifi adapter not working right. it is Belkin model F7D1101 v1. it has been kicking around unused for something like 4 years. If I remember right, I was having problems with it before we stopped using it. I am pretty sure I will end up with a WIFI/BT combo for use on this

I did use NOOBS, it was super easy. But now I am downloading the RetroPie disk image and will use ImageWriter on Linux to set it up. Pretty sure it is the only way without an internet connection to my pi.

THIS is the keypad I am using with it, but will look into THIS one soon. Might be able to map one dpad for the keyboard arrows, and one to use as the mouse. Bet the actual game pad on the one I have looks like it will work better for emulation.

I have thought about retropie but I don’t play on emulators, I once played some Amiga/snes games on my Ipad using a wiimote(works with retropie too) and it worked nice.

I think about a useful application of the raspb every day since Christmas, but have not found anything yet. For some things a microcontroller is better, for other things I have already more than enough equipment, and then there are cheap android phone/tablets which come even with a touch display, WLAN, Bluetooth, camera, other sensors and built in battery…