What you got today

good idea about cutting the circuit, it can be done but I won’t bother because I don’t intend to keep batteries loaded when not in use.

The voltmeter is this one:

However, since I find these little things fascinating and very useful to have around, I have ordered a few more of the same size from here: . These ones are cheaper and you can choose display color between red, blue, green and yellow. The blue is the nicest, but doesn’t read below 3V (red starts at 2.5V).

BTW, reads are very precise but I don’t know how accurate: it consistently reads 0.05 - 0.06V below values in my VP2 charger:

I suppose this is normal, could it be partly due by the very thin cables and soldering points of the voltmeter?.

A very large padded envelope containing 2x $2.74 drivers from DX: http://www.dx.com/p/2-7v-6v-3w-cree-circuit-board-for-flashlights-15mm-2-7mm-25518

The rest of the order updated to shipped less than a half-hour after this first shipment... No idea why they split this order up.

Just received my Solarforce L2N host, with a uv-LED 365nm LedEngin p60 drop-in

Seems to be an error in the LED. Could be an airbubble under the dome? - visible when looking at the hotspot on a wall. Just mailed Dave from customlites to see whether they will replace the drop-in :slight_smile:

My new project

It definitely appears to be an issue during manufacturing.

FWIW I’ve been working with LED ENGIN on some new stuff they’ve got going on (I can’t announce what just yet) but if you don’t mind, I’d like to be CC’d on your email to customlites about the issue with that emitter.
I can communicate with my contact at LED ENGIN directly better than someone just writing their general tech email being read by a random email answering monkey working there this week. (I know you’ll be emailing customlites, but I’m thinking ahead to if/when customlites try to contact LED ENGIN about it).

You don’t need to share with me how customlites compensates / takes care of you or those details, but if you’d please let this Dave guy know that I’ve offered to help communicate between he and my guy at LED ENGIN I’d appreciate that. I’ve used several of the 365nm LZ1’s and never seen that before and Im sure my guy would be interested to see the failure / defect / whatever you can call that.

Looks like diamond's :)

That’s right matching set of UranusFire and battery.

A Guy at work always wants to use my Olight, so ordered him his own light :slight_smile:

Cudos for getting a muggle setup with a light but dude, if you value this guy as a friend at all dont give him that battery!

Defoe 5 Molle Tactical Backpack

Besides the sticky chemical smell that I assume is the dye, seems to be a pretty nice backpack. Going to wash it down just in case.

LOL! :smiley:

Don’t worry he isn’t going to keep the battery, he doesn’t even have a way to charge it. It will be a AA light for him.

Although there would be some nice irony in that battery going poof in your pocket.

You might see if this will fit…2xAA makes it run alot brighter! (might or might not fit the threading on that one)

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1088901-ultrafire-c3-2xaa-extension-tube

Got my brother bought me these from Costco : Japanese-made Eneloops (10 AA’s, 4 AAA’s, and one 4-ch. independent charger/pack)
Not bad for $25/pack including tax!

!!

[quote=WarHawk-AVG
You might see if this will fit…2xAA makes it run alot brighter! (might or might not fit the threading on that one)

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1088901-ultrafire-c3-2xaa-extension-tube[/quote]

Cool, it’s worth a shot. Thanks.

That’s a nice looking pack, where did you order it from?

:slight_smile:

Hi Cereal_killer. Thanks a lot for offering your help :beer: If it’s OK, I’ll quote (I’ll send him the link to your post ) your helpful offer to Dave, to see what he says. but I cant see why he would refuse some help :slight_smile:

Things from radio shack and few other goodies

Nitro

Link to those triple sinkpads?

And did your RShack have clearance already?

Let me see if i can find it and yes i just herd 35 radio shacks are going under mine was 50% on the entire store so i grabbed some 10a switches