What you got today

Today’s mail brought a package from Hong Kong containing this

What’s that, you ask? It’s a ZKE EBC-A05, just like it says there on the label.

Not helpful? How about this: A ZKE EBC-A05 is an electronic load and battery charger for battery testing. It has a computer interface and accompanying software for logging and, optionally, controlling the tests.

I’ll plan on doing a full review and teardown in the next few weeks.

For the un-initiated, what are those lavishly packaged semiconductors you have there?

Luminus SBT-70 5700k

Edit: wanted to link to the Luminus page on these emitters but it looks like they’ve been officially discontinued, they’re not even on the site anyway :frowning:
Guess they didn’t sell well…

15 sheets of 80 grit wet/dry paper and a new 1/4” ratchet for my continuing to expand toolset.

Brila 2xAA Mini Lantern by UST. Shown next to ZeusRay.

Links aren’t working for me but google found it, did you get yours from Ali? Does yours have 2 fans or just one? Can you repost the review link?

Try the links again. I bungled a software update on my server and things didn’t come up right. It’s working now.

Also, I posted a the beginnings of my in-depth review

I didn’t get it from AliExpress, they don’t ship to Washington state, plus the price there is higher than what I paid. I sourced it from a guy in HK who I found through the EEVBlog forum. More info in the review. If this thing checks out Ok, I’ll probably order another one or two from him. If I do, I’ll see if there is interest in a group buy.

They might ask for your phone number so make one up if you already got one free. :evil:

Somehow a member here got hold of my postal address and in the mail was a white box. Inside the white box was lots of items I did not request nor know I was getting. I'm not sure if its a hint that I need to do more work or they know how hopeless I am at soldering. I do know that six of the items had Alex Wells on them though he was not the sender. Hmm.

Can someone identify the sender and member here that has a first name Dale? Your a rascal, now where do I put the wires? The work on these drivers is perfect. Thanks heaps.

Is there a bill to follow?

Little fun box from RMM & LEDDNA

what is a MINI C8?

I have several of those AAA C8’s and they suck…that thing looks AWESOME!

Where the 2 bits of exposed gold pad are… red wire in the middle triangle, black wire on the back end of the MOSFET.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Just remember who was the rascal FIRST! :wink:

I have purchased these tools from a local internet seller at about $25.
angle light is not very powerful (60 lumens with 1xAA, single mode, +6 hours runtime).
The tools come with waterproof cases.

model numbers TU305 and TU212

and today arrived this light from gearbest.
First shipment was 2x26650 batteries instead of this light, and gearbest re-shipped the light.

would love to see you review the TU305 :slight_smile:

I recommend soldering a small momentary switch in the + leads path…even though that little LED only draws a few dozen mA, it will over the course of a few days drain a battery that is left in charger.

Give us a link to the one that has the 2 digit after the decimal please…

Looks like: http://www.dx.com/p/diy-2-7-32v-3-digit-0-36-lcd-green-led-voltmeter-module-black-white-green-376149

I recently found that it’s similar to an UltraFire C2 but much higher quality.

Nice collection. I'd love the Jax but they are just a little expensive.

For just the host, it’s not too hard on the wallet. IMO, the AR lens, brass pill with screws, two oval lanyard holes and anodized threads make it worth $16. I can’t see paying another $14 for their LED choices and driver.

It took three weeks, but my new $15.99, China-exclusive Apple powerbank arrived from Banggood.