What you got today

X'MAS from Olight Direct in US (Ronald.F).

zoomie torches.
Man they were cheap, the bigger one looks nice, but they feel cheap. Shame, the bigger one looked so nice for modding, but the zoomaction pushes and pulls the led on a flimsy alu board up and down so almost no way for cooling a led. well, I put a 3xAAA holder in there and my son will give it to a friend of his when we are done reviewing it.

Nice, while gearbest has not been able to get me the Nitecore D4 I was in need of a charger and tadaa, China’s got quality!
For the time being this will suffice and after the real stuff is in this will become part of a present I guess, without the box, the pouch must suffice, because while China surely is able to produce quality, that one scentence on the box makes it less attractive as part of a present, while the little pouch is cool.
Also decent cells, the first one is now fully charged and loaded into the torch my wife likes most. Second one is at 3.80V (they all came in at 3.63V)

And part of the solderstuff
solder, flux, metal sponge are underways
Iron with adjustable temp, and 14 tips.
I am going to dive in some old things to gather a toolbox for the solderstuff.

just received a B6 clone as the first parcel of the new year. I must say… for the prize I paid (next to nothing with a voucher i had left) the device is amazing. It is the 6A/80W model and therefore compatible with the “cheali” open source firmware if I ever want that, charges/discharges/storage/balance/fast charge all works great. I picked the non-AC model and used an old IBM laptop power supply which I had anyway.

the only drawback so far is that the device gets a little warm on a 2A discharge cycle and I believe that the cell voltage (when discharging) is taken somewhere where it includes the voltage sag under load - resulting in a different voltage when you take out the battery after the cycle. But that is good enough as I don’t want my batteries to go too low anyway. (workaround might be to use NiMH discharge program with lower values, untested)

the build quality is not like XTAR chargers but it is metal and I prefer that to plastic. also this works at home and in the car/while traveling.

after an intensive review period I might give up my analyzing chargers for this unit.

This beauty, Brinyte B158

I ordered a light, a couple of drivers and an LED from JonnyC last week. The package arrive over the weekend and the item I was most looking forward to was indeed worth the effort and time. I purchased a Uniquefire UF-2200 from him. If you are not familiar with it, it is a 26650 light that also includes an extremely well machined screw in 18650 adapter. The light also is running an XM-L that is really cool white, this is the 1 thing I may change. The light had an 8*7135 driver in it and was having issues! This light really needs to run unprotected cells, due to the shorter length. I found a bad tail switch and a bad solder joint on the driver. I though about hot rodding the light, but I am not sure that I will take it above the 2.8 amp mark. It is a fairly good beam, will have a lot of run time and will not suffer heat problems. I really wish that this level of machine work went into current production lights from the budget companies!

looking and reading good!

Lovely pic that Brinyte in the snow

My Nightcore D4 arrived (from Gearbest I say)
Works nice, feels sturdy, and is very clear. So I will check the movingboxes with old PC stuff out in the attic, I think I got some rechargable AA and AAA cells there, that either are alive or should be dsposed of and woth this charger I dare check them.

Also a powerbank that can charge 3 18650 cells. To be opened without tools. So that is going in the glovecompartment, handy t be able t charge cellphones and or 18650 cells in the car when the need is great.

Back from winter holidays…

Today this nice thingy came
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7182018340.html?orderId=71651562795093

I put two thick o-rings in so that when put on its side it rests on the rubber.
The thing is without brand, the strap to use it as headlight says LONGFIRE

it feels good and nice a flashlight and as headlight the flood of the six sideledsis is usefull
I have to feed the neighbours cat tonight, and will use this to get to and from, flashlight while riding for further view and sideleds for opening the gate and such

also the copper sponge nside holder for soldring set is in, yay!

Got my UNI-T UT210E from TomTop’s German warehouse today. Man, that was quick! One nice feature: it can detect power lines in the walls (“NCV measurement”) in case more holes need to be drilled…
From Banggood came 10pc. of these 10W COB-Leds, now I have to find something useful to do with them!

My Nitecore TM16 arrived today and I already love it!

Super bright and it only got a little more than hand warm on the cooling fins(!) while walking through the forrest in turbo mode for 30 minutes.

Review it pls!!

I just hacked my first laptop battery tonight… so fricken tapped!!! lol…

I got 6 nice LG 18650’s… medium blue wrapped… all 4.14 volts so the protection safety went out on the pack.

So of course… more flashlights on order…. Damn this is addictive!!!

Received the interesting Manker Godmes from Banggood from the 3rd BLF Contest yesterday:

What the mailman brought me yesterday:

(Convoy S2+ Nichia 365nm UV)

What the mailman brought me today:

(BLF D80 and Thorfire TG06.)

I received two Olight S15R today. It’s smaller than I expected, but I already love it. Going to give one to my dad…

BLF D-80 is on the way… can’t wait :smiley:

It’s only the normal TM16. There are already a bunch of reviews of it out there!

Olight S10R baton II, which complete the Olight growning family

Is the blue on the bezel/switch… Worn off?

Absolutely not, the light is brand new but I agree that on the pic it looks chipped/worn