What you got today

WarHawk-AVG
watt meter shows about 4 watt, this antenna is perfect for UHF, not good for VHF.
sellers typically claim more than 3dBi but the size dictates results.

i am stunned how good this clone is for the size. I will use this for any drives around the house without getting poked and other scenarios are shopping malls, driving in groups of cars or whenever you want to pocket your HT.

nice ideas you brought up there! I am still looking for a car antenna without drilling through the roof.

Werner
if you have a ham radio license these are really cool, BaoFeng is absolutely amazing for the money. the older models can be had for 22-25 bucks on ebay. 8W models go for a little bit more.

I will apologize up front for the crappy cell phone pics. I have a Canon 5DII and 7D, but really hate to drag them out for these pics. :)

First to arrive was my black Friday Supfire L3. I am surprised at the amount of light this puts out stock on crap batteries. It throws hard, unlike the SRK that just overpowers with photons... this just seems to make good use of them. I can't wait to get a FET driver in this beast.

Second light was my other black Friday purchase from Xtarlights on Ebay. After picking up an Ultrafire C3 SS, I was reminded why I liked small lights. I switched to 18650 tube lights because 1 and 2 AA just could not put out enough light. While I like the little Ultrafire, I find that it will have to have the LED changed because of its harsh color.

I decided on a whim to order the WK-41, with a battery and charger. I only had 1 14500 and really wanted a second around and for $4 you could get an Xtar 800mAh 14500 and the XP1 charger with the light. I really like the light, it's output borders on warm white so I will not change the LED. It is very bright for a tiny light with a tiny reflector and I am liking the feel of the side switch. I was not happy that it took over 2 weeks to get here, with a delivery date at time of purchase of November 30. I really like the box that it came in, but the glue on the foam was stuck all over the lens. It took some time to get that off!

I wayyyy overspent over black friday…

But I have now taken receipt of a Vizio 4k smart TV, an LG G4 smartphone, a particular Ruger, seven 30Q’s, one GA, and 5 boxes to hold my new 18650’s. When the wife gives permission to spend, I take full advantage.

I got a Fiio M3 in today from Amazon. Finally a mp3 player that can power my Havi B3 earphones.

Got it today after gifting my first one. That should end things for this year- this was the last item ordered but not received.

Phil

Toothache! |(

If it’s a cavity, oil of cloves applied with a q-tip will knock the pain out instantly. Burns like the devil if you get it on your gums though.

Phil

That’s a good idea using something more precise as a q-tip, I normally put some on my finger and then apply but I stopped using it as it wasn’t that good probably because of the inaccuracy.

I had taken 2 ibuprofen, 2 paracetamol and 2 tramadol together and they didn’t help at all, but cold water did take the pain away.

I managed to get an appointment at the dentist, I explained that pain was coming from the bottom rear but he couldn’t find anything even after an x-ray but he refilled a tooth above where the filling had come out a few week’s ago. Despite this I can still get the pain when drinking something hot. |(

Try Vitamin K2, though you want MK4 ideally.

Very interesting, I’ve just been reading about it and I’ll definitely order some.

Thanks very much Bort :_(

Within the past couple days… got my new S30 baton, my BLF A6 and an Sk98… Pretty sure my neighbors have pretty much had it with me past couple nights… Need to get in the wide open country asap!

Merry christmas to me !

You are most welcome, feel free to PM with any questions and i will do my best to answer them

How does this affect to what in tooth? :expressionless:

Been eating K-2 for some time now…

e: OK, googled that. Didn´t know it affects ALSO this way, hehe

Yay, the DMM arrived today!

I just received a pair of UniqueFire HS-802 lights to be used for host duty from Gearbest.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_110135.html
$12.95/each at time of order. The green emitter option is now listed as out-of-stock, but the Red, Blue, and White options are still available for $1 more. Ordered Dec. 04, Delivered Dec. 28.

One of the two had a broken lens, not a big deal to me as I’ll be replacing it with an AR-coated lens.
Both have Cree (genuine?) XR-C style green emitters.
The bodies are NOT glued! 8)
The pills are solid brass.
The machining and anodizing are fantastic on both lights.
The switch is a normal single-click without the goofy resistor-low double-clicker of the original.
These have the heavy high-quality feel of the original, and I’m very happy with these.
(Edit to Add)These have Omten switches in the tailcap…

Several years ago, I purchased a UniqueFire HS-802 as a gift for a Brother-in-Law. Even with the outdated XR-E emitter, we both like the narrow focused beam, with the minimal spill. The same Brother-in-Law wanted the same beam in green, so one will be receiving an upgrade to a Green XP-E2 emitter and a corresponding driver upgrade. The second is for me 0:) and will be receiving a white XP-E2 emitter, or even one of my old XR-E R2 emitters if I get a better beam pattern with that emitter.

Finished the mods on these last night and both turned out fantastic! First, with the green XP-E2, makes a very nice and tightly-focused green beam. The second, with a white XP-E2 on Noctigon, driven via a Qlite with 6x 7135, also focused nicely with a very tight beam, noticeably brighter hotspot than any of my other lens-based throwers.

This arrived today. I am surprised how small it really is. Easily lost, so I will need to attach its chain.
Hope it gets dark soon so I can try it out.

The mailman (or woman in our case) just delivered some stuff.
Amoung it was what seemed to be an organ for transplant, a box made of styrofoam covered in yellow tape :smiley:
Taking a look inside revealed the 14 LED bulbs I have ordered as a gift for friends with a beautfull chandlier with 12 bulbs. Now there are 25W old fashioned bulbs in there, way to bright for them to ever use it.
These are rated 2W and give a nice warm white light
So when testing the on a nightlamp with glass cover removed it struck me to make a pic or two to post here, sorry, made with my phone.

And final post on the pc today, folding it down and preparing for guests so just on phone from now on.
Today this measure thingy came, works, and an upgrade from my old analoge flaky one
happy new year!