What you got today

Wow that is a huge amount of cells :open_mouth:

What do you do with 200 cells? And where did you buy them?

I’m so proud to be the owner of a 3500k,CXA1512, COB! Yay! HOWEVER, in my enthusiasm to install it on a heatsink, my bloody fingernail drifted and slid into the light emitting surface. Now there is this:

cry

What sucks too is that I only bought one (among other LEDs) and to replace it would cost a stupid amount. Hahhaha. Even with 1/3 of the LED dead, it’s a beautiful tint and a good amount of light :slight_smile: It’s being powered by an Xl6009 boost driver and a 3S laptop pack.

HE2, GA, VTC5, 30Q, and the rest? 32E or 29E samsungs?

Yeah 29e, when you buy 100 they goes for only 2.3$ per pc :wink:
Plus i needed 92 for an electrical project of mine, those are stable and good batteries, i bought many times from them
the greens ones are actualy VTC5A
I switched to HE2 cause their price is exellent arround here, a bit better than 25r and the 25r price dramaticly rised

This is on the way, not in my hands yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000402-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448742002&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+2.1

One of the speakers on my old laptop has been cracked for a while, got tired of putting on headphones to listen. Price went from $149.00 to $115.00 now at $89.00. Couldn’t hold back any more. Merry Christmas to myself. :slight_smile:

Yesterday I finally received my Samsung 30Q from Gearbest. The first shipment got sucked up by the USPS black hole. Since I had paid for the insurance, Gearbest reshipped it ASAP. I think Gearbest could do a better job shipping these. They were loose in a bag and the ink from the stickers rubbed off onto the batteries.

If I were to order battery cases when I order batteries, I wonder if they would put the batteries in the cases.

I also received my $1.91 bootleg Hugsby XP-1 from the Black Scorpions 11.11 sale.

What a level of quality and customer service - Oshpark is simply amazing!
Big thanks to RMM for uploading this version, but of course also to Mattaus, JonnyC, and to the whole BLF community for all the knowledge and previous variants of pcbs and designs. You guys rock.

Need to order a pair of new eyes to properly identify parts and put them on there, everything is so tiny. 8)

I received my order of (7) 30Q’s and (2) protected 32A’s from gearbest. Awful/unacceptable packaging (all just thrown together in a bubble-wrap bag, then a cheap mailer envelope) but everything was undamaged. They were ordered Nov 6 during their big battery sale using the free shipping option.

I received this little one from BG. I’ll have to get more :bigsmile:

I received my carbon fiber Hati clone knife. I thought they had missed delivery and headed to the post office with a missed delivery slip. It turns out it was a pair of new Xiaomi Hybrid earphones from Gearbest (pretty reliable lately). So a couple packages, pretty good day.

My Maxtoch Sniper BLF-TE arrived today. Had cells charged and waiting, aimed it at a beige wall a few feet away and hit the switch. Blinding bright that was, can’t wait to get outside. The tight, well-defined hotspot makes my tightest C8 look like a floody!

My box also contained my JooVuu “X” Dashcam, the latest and hottest mid-range dashcam on the market. Almost as small as a matchbox it’s performance should be awesome- I’ve been keeping up with the development from the start and the ‘Beta-test’ vids from numerous people look great. I’ll do the install and testing this weekend.

My happiest ‘un-boxing day’ in a long time!

Phil

I still need to get the stickers off of mine. Then clean all of the black ink that rubbed off of the stickers and onto the batteries. I wonder if I order battery cases with my battery order, will they put the cells in there instead of the bag o’ batteries that they like doing. It’s crappy packing like that which is causing us to have slow shipping because they can’t go on planes anymore.

As for what I got today. I got my Winter tax bill from the township. :expressionless:

Well I just ordered two BD’s and a battery case shipped together so I guess we’ll find out. But this is how i picture them packing orders:

1. walk around warehouse with empty shipper packet
  2. go to item# xyz’s location (the batteries), drop 2 in the packet
  3. go to item# 123’s location (battery box), drop 1 in the packet
  4. seal package

Bought some different variant of 7135 drivers to compare with.

• Njang 7135x8 105D Zener (bottom)
  • 7135x8 3.04A blue (left)
  • 7135x8 3.04A 20mm red (top)
  • 7135x4 custom (right)

clone Diamond antenna for my handheld. paid only 0.44c and it actually works! ideal for simplex. can also pick up relays up to 7-8 miles. transmitting is not that great, but I have other antennas for that.

Whatcha putting it on?

Phil

BaoFeng UV-5R or Yaesu FT-60R! this antenna looks like a simple dummy load but it works for driving and quick trips around the neighborhood. reception is not bad at all.

thought budgetham is a good fit for budgetlight

:bigsmile: Got one of the old good Wouxun’s myself, darn thing is nearly bulletproof. I might do something similar as all I have is higher-gain long antennas.

Got a notice that a package has arrived last night, will it be from RMM or my long-awaited CooYuu Quantum replacement? Waiting for the UPS store to open; I’ll be their first customer today!

Phil

(added: Or none of the above. The package was the modded C8 from 18sixfifty. I’m highly impressed with the tight hotspot, cant wait for night to give it a workout!)

What the gain on that thing?

I was able to full quiet the repeater from my house w/ a handi talky yesterday 30+ miles w/ 5 watts…but I had a after market antenna and not one of the stock whips

Farthest I ever got was from a makeshift homemade diy atrocity called the fantenna

P.S. You can easily double the range by taking a 19” piece of wire and attaching it to the ground (outside of the antenna housing [just wrap it around it]) making a floppy ground plane extension

http://brainbender.blogspot.com/2007/09/2-meter-vhf-ht-handheld-ground-plane.html
This image minus the wires on the back…but the ones on the back help too

Is there any good source to inform about the baofeng transceivers?
I read here and there about people using it and always wonder what they are good for and if I might need one too.
Do I need two of them or are they compatible with standard Wilkie talkies? Which version is the best the uv5r?