What you got today

Supfire L5/L6 are nice moderate power lights. The 1504 can be a zoomie project :slight_smile:

So I finally broke down and got 3 different flashlights during the Aliexpress sale. They are the first LED flashlights that I got. And the first one to arrive in amazing fashion (all the way from China), was the Hugsy XP-1 and for one AAA battery this thing is nice!

And so it begins ...

Don’t know what you’re talking about….

slowly closes multiple windows on flashlights

New Yihua 936B (Hakko clone) soldering station arrived today, as well as a separate order for 10 soldering tips.

Yezl Y3
Fenix PD40
Olight R40
Foursevens Maelstrom MMU-X3R
Convoy L2

Thought I would try the older Zeusray EDC100 based on the comparison/review of the EDC120 here (Review: Zeusray EDC120).
On “special” from Dealmetic. Anyway it arrived and things seem to have gone downhill. Uses the newer lower current JBS42 driver (from the EDC120) and poor quality springs on both ends. Not even drawing 2 Amps.

I’d like to know how it works out for you. I’m looking for a soldering station. Thought about a digital xtronic, or the digital blue and yellow hakko.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_5499.html

For minor hobby work, I’d recommend that you pick up the 936 model from HobbyKing. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/\_*24790*\_Soldering_Station_with_Adjustable_Heat_Range_with_US_Plug.html

The 936 is basically the same as the 936B with a slightly different switch/panel lights configuration.

I couldn’t order the 936 from HobbyKing because of the prohibitive shipping costs to Hawaii.

Discussions on the 936 model:

I received a few things this week including a package from RMM which was his generous offer in the BLF comp to do a bit of shopping.

And another which was the BLF group buy on this tiny little ripper.

I got my 3 engraved ones today and man are these awesome little lights :bigsmile: One a beautiful even flood, two with noticeable hotspots but still great. Did a 1 hour test on AAA alkie, warm but no problem. 600mA Trustfire 10440 got fairly hot in a few minutes but still useful runtime and a LOT of light. Exterior finish is impeccable. Switches a little gritty feeling but won’t activate inadvertently, not the easiest to push but fine. Deep carry clip fits over blue jean pocket seam, is attached very firmly and has good holding power. Clip does rub the tube when opening for cell insertion so lift or pad it when turning.

Phil

New LED lights…… in side the fridge AND in the freezer drawer!

Not a bad little light, gotta do something about the cold white emitter. :) She draws just a shade over 2 amps on a 14500!

Also got in the parts for my first triple. It is an S2 with a Noctigon XP-G2 S3 3C set of emitters. OMG is it bright, kinda like the flood from it. My hunting buddy field dressed a deer with it the first evening I had it completed! :) :)

Today my new Convoy L2 arrived. From Simon at Aliexpress.

It is a great thrower.

here is a comparison shot with some of my favourites:

And here is how the full moon looked when I pointed it up there :wink:

See the thread about it here:
Convoy L2…Guess who’s back???

A pair of Niteyes this week.

The same to you!I would like to here about others orders, what they got and how everything went. I think everyone would benefit from seeing what others received, or get some ideas for future orders or get someones initial impressions on their items.

haha,cool,look good!

Finally got my first Convoy C-8. Went with the XML T6 4C and I love the tint and throw. This one has the matte finish which I really like.

I knew sooner or later BLF will twist my flashlight needs great time but i didnt knew it would be at that level