What you got today

FastTech delivered 2 Convoy C8’s, one for gifting and one to replace mine which was gifted. I got a gray one for me, liking the color. My first roll of Kapton tape for when I get into modding at that level. Also a Transcend 64GB Micro SD card for the dashcam; ain’t cheap that but good stuff anyway.

What went the other direction was my CooYoo Quantum which I gifted to another sister. Ordered a replacement already. More goodies enroute!

Phil

A NiteCore Tube Light in BLACK for $5.99/ttd from BanGGood !

I got a couple of these cool little S carabiners from BangGood today. One I’ll use to clip my SAK to my daypack, not sure exactly what I’ll do with the second one. They appear to be well made and have plenty of spring pressure on the gates without being too stiff. Not a bad deal either, I paid less than $2 for both of them.

Got my BLF A6 FET+7135 today

into the wild - BLF A6 FET+7135

I got a LED Illuminated Interchangeable Headset Magnifier 9892C from Amazon Marketplace.

It’s pretty nifty and my old tired eyes are happy to have it.

my Shadow JM35 from Gearbest arrived today. :slight_smile: less than 3 weeks shipping.

An order from mtnelectronics and other from Gearbest , now i have things to mod :evil: HARD

You need to show us what that scorpion looks like under UV light. If you don’t have a UV light yet, I can point you in the right direction. :wink:

Oh by the way, I got four Samsung 26F from Gearbest in the mail today. They managed to not get sucked up in the USPS black hole near Detroit. :slight_smile:

2Xtar MC1+ for gifting, 4pc set drill/screw extractors (not the cheapest soft ones), USB sound card (hope it works with this PC, integral SC dead since bought used), and a pair of “TR1” clear LED taillight bulbs. Now those are odd- Package is marked “Xenon Light” but 12 LED emitters. Back of package marked “LED Xenon”. Must be Chinese lumens involved somewhere.

Phil

Hi Evilc, looking forward to see you test the flashlight with our battery, thanks for your choose windyfire battery.

Best regards.

Linda

My old B+ pi will no retire as a media streaming box for music and media (sadly I don’t own a TV set). This one will be the new proxy, webserver, Asterisk box and whatever I can play with

I received my Opus BT-C 3100 from Gearbest (my first Order there) and 4 Nitecore Tubes. The charger is really great and the Tube is the best Key-Light I ever owned.

I’m happy today!

From the extremely awesome store…mtnelectronics… I got a UF 1504 host, a 17mm fet + 1 with ToyKeeper’s lovely firmware, two XP-G2 S4 2B Lattice Brights on 16mm Noctigons (jk), and two pocket clips…one for my Convoy S2+ triple and one for my Jaxman U1. Yep, the 1504’s already been locked and loaded.

I think you mean Crees.

Oh haven’t you heard? Lattice Bright recently surpassed cree for max output. FT has an SRK that does over 30,000 lumens from 9 Lattice Brights!

->

:D

Lol, I definitely mean Crees…just a little humor there. I was looking over the fake Cree LED thread before I posted that. I only buy my LEDs from mtn.

Nice convoy s2+ uv. Planning to buy that also but it’s out of stock as of the moment. What are your thoughts about the nichia uv?

I scored 2 packs of 2 Radio Shack 26650’s today, each pack was $4.98. I felt pretty good about that, but now I will have to get a light that will use 26650’s.

Advice on a light?

Matt

An LED Lenser P3. Maybe as good as an unmodified SS-5039, but not worth three times as much. This is the second old Lenser I have been disappointed in. (The other was a battery damaged old model I got on Ebay very cheap. The damage was not hard to fix, but its focus range was extremely limited.) I was hoping to be able to read street signs with this one, but my one amp. modded 5039 has better throw.
I realized that it was an old model that I was getting cheap because it is obsolete, but I still expected much better. The old type LED has a focusing dome on it, so it is not possible for the lens to focus it to a small spot. The lens defocuses it for flood, with light loss, a narrow flood and a bright ring around the disc of light. It looks hard to mod., though I haven’t opened it yet. The switch feels OK, not great like some Lensers, but it doesn’t securely stay either on or off and sometimes unpredictably lodges at half power. Perhaps oil and breaking in will fix it. An $11 flashlight that was intended to sell for $30 should work right out of the box, like $3 flashlights do. It is a forward clicky, which I like, but flash on is too sensitive and will run down the cell in a pocket. I believe the aspheric is plastic. I am regretting the fact that strong language is not allowed here.
The inconsistent output may not be Zweibrüder’s fault. It may be one that was returned on warranty, like a car with a salvage title.
On the bright side, it might work well with a BLF driver, a 10440 cell and one of the little Osram LEDs left over from Black Cats that I take the switches out of to fix other lights.