What you got today

After 8 days since order I received Acebeam K40M from HKequipment.
Great light :slight_smile:
Mike

Kershaw Link!

1776grybw

My de-domed Convoy C8 from Mountain Electronics arrived today. Compared it side-by-side with the stock Thorfire C8 that arrived Saturday, and I do definitely prefer the de-domed for what I had in mind for those lights.

Both are excellent lights, and I curse you people for getting me addicted to these things!! (as I casually wait for the other six lights i ordered after just a week here to arrive)

Curse, I say!!!

Order from Mountain Electronics also showed up today.

Two charging drivers, a bunch of 7135s, flashlight lube, and some solder.

Dual XML Flashlight (tailswitch for lockout side switch for modes)

Very interesting, I have a lens that fits perfectly so tonight we are gonna play with default and 1 LED with lens to see how it throws (lens is at the right distance for perfect focus on top of the reflector)

And a bigger Ganzo knife
Here next to its little sister

That sounds really interesting… Does the light drive the emitters separately, so you could use one side as reflector-based illumination for close-to-mid range lighting, and the second with a harder-driven XP-G2 and aspheric for longer range?

Received the BLF D80 in 5A tint.
The box definitely took a beating but luckily the flashlight survived the journey although it is only covered with a single layer of bubble wrapper inside the box.
Pretty please with the light and thumbs up to the organizer and Lucky Sun

Yes something like that would be very nice. No the two leds are driven simultaniously now.
It requires a lot of modding, the driver is not round (it has a part “missing” to make space for the side switch) and has a large spring soldered on it (and seems soldered to the housing as well). The removal of that assembly alone I do not dare at this time.
A second like this (in black with extra tube) is in transit, when that one is the same I dare fiddling around more, right now, I like it too much to bust it up.
The lens in 1 did not work, the focus was too close by to be of any use.
It is strange, the Convoys C8 shine further, and around 2 to 5 meter the hotspot seems almost the same in size. Yet this one floods more at distanes above 10meter, I really like the beams it produces and have been using it for checking things here, really nice. I also really like the dual switch setup, no lockout needed, and no more accidental turning on.
And I also am fond of the looks, its like my Wall-E flashlight as if it has eyes, makes it a cute flashlight.

And on topic
Another Ganzo folder arrived.

After the smaller 718 lost its pristine condition after hammering on tit for several hours batoning, I had my son choose between this one and the G727M so I know which one to use while waiting or the fixed blades. He choose the G726M he liked the look of the handles better (and I am happy, the 727 has a bigger blade, makes my work easier.)

Order from FastTech with some miscellaneous components, resistors, and one of the large-diameter optics for the high-wattage COB-style emitters:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1583803

Along with interesting tracking:

Item shipped Jan. 30, Arrived at first US ISC on Jan. 05, not bad turnaround! Unfortunately, it was the CHICAGO ISC… So my tracking showed no update from Jan. 05 until this morning when it showed up at my PO Box, without any steps between. It took as long getting from Chicago to Texas as it took to get from China to the USA.

No sharp looking knifes or nerdy high tech flashlights today. Instead this:

Yeah! Yoga socks :thumbsup:

Finally received the BLF Kronos boxset no. 93.
Pity that I still don’t have any 14500 cell to test the Cu light.

Shown here with BLF D80 that I received yesterday.

WooWoo! Just got confirmation of a second shipment delivered today… Coming from RMM, with my new XP-E2 Torch emitters. One of these will be going into my HS-802 thrower instead of the lower-bin XP-E2 already installed. The second one? Maybe going into my UniqueFire 1508, in the second pill… That should be a VERY intense narrow beam…

“Honest Mr. Federal Agent Sir! I wasn’t shining a laser at that airplane… It was just a normal flashlight!
Now, if you want to see my laser that can start fires, it’s over here…”

(Now, if I just had access to my tools to work on the mods I have planned… :’()

Gotta see some beamshots on those…

Last year I got that little sister Ganzo G718 like yours, but was disappointed.
Proprietary pivot head, difficult to disassemble, and the axis lock fails too easily.
Did you have better luck with yours?

That G727 on the other hand, simply blows away the G718, IMO.
Seems to have better fit, finish, and general overall quality.
Larger blade size doesn’t hurt either.
Highly recommend.

That G726 is also pretty nice for the price.
IMHO, Ganzo has been getting better and better with their newer folders.

BTW, nice flashlight!

Got a Coast PX1. Looked intriguing because it was a knurled fully cylindrical light with an LED lenser style zoom optic. Was thinking it might make a good mod host. Unfortunately, the reality was underwhelming:

• It's HUGE. Considering this light is only powered by 3x AAA, it's gigantic. Same shape as a 10-year old Coast 3xAAA non-zoomie I had, but much larger. Not something I'd consider EDC'ing due to the size.
  • The optic has Coast's "purebeam" shape. I noticed this before in the HP1 and didn't really like it since it gives far less throw. An LED Lenser lens has 2 elements: a central aspheric lens, and a side TIR optic. Maximum throw is achieved by having the same focal point for both elements. With "purebeam", Coasts uses 2 different focal points. In spot mode only the side TIR optic portion is in focus. This gives the spot mode noticeable spill making it much more like a standard reflector flashlight's beam pattern.... but it does so at the cost of much less throw.
  • The twist zoom is relatively stiff. I prefer a simple push-pull.
  • It would take a substantial amount of effort to mod the light to fit an 18650, and given the other disadvantages it is not worth the effort.

Overall, I rate this one a dud. Don't think I'll try to mod it.

Ormbett, this is….
those are….
uh….
man, only 1 reaction I can think of: click (sorry ;))
Oh those Knonos sets look so nice!
Keltex78, I am with djburkes!
Pieman7, considering I used it for batoning several hours with a lot of hammering on the handle since the blade could not be reached properly all the time, it hedl up pretty good. Indeed, the others feel much more sturdy and have bigger blades, wile waiting for the fixed blades I will use the 727 :wink:
(Got them all from Gearbest at sub $13 prices.
That Convoy looks pretty sweet as well aL1
Sure not to change to 18650 with that size?
Zooming looks good

I got the Doogee X5pro today, my son claimed it, it has more memory then the Titan2 he used, so now I use the Titan2, and I really love the looks of that phone, so we are both happy.

It was a good day, got the heatsink for the D01 and some OshPark boards! New generation lighted tailcap boards.

The D01 will make light this weekend!

YAY the Jacobs A60s I bought from an Australian BLFer DOHC20 came today.
1 modded with copper pill in need of a LED and button cap.
The other in fine working condition, can’t wait till dark to see how far this thing will go!

Apple recall in full swing - the first replacement adapter of many has arrived. Looks the same, allegedly safer/compliant.

Candy with a hand colored card.
(Picture taken with the flash, but also a Romisen RC-A6 held between my fingers to help out the auto-focus.)