What you got today

That’s one thing I wouldn’t do. I bought my house in 1999 for $196,000. Paid it off in 2002. It’s worth about $350,000 now.

Without very exact calculations, that sounds VERY affordable!
All I can say I drive a 13yr old Toyota and my running costs (not including fuel, insurance etc.) are about 1600USD/year and I consider that quite low (very little breakdowns, unusual sudden costs etc. not many upgrades or such). That does not include drop of value.
If I include that, it would be amazingly close to that what You have to pay for leasing.

Then again, leased cars in here cost a lot more / month but Your deal sound pretty good 8)

I’m a pretty good negotiator when it comes to saving money. It’s in my blood :slight_smile: Also, I’m at the top of the heap when it comes to my credit rating. I think that helps a bit

Just received the “Epileds 5050 XML 10W UV Purple 395NM - 400NM Led Emitter Lamp Light 3.4-3.8V 2800mA On 20MM Cooper PCB Board” I ordered 38 days ago on AE. I flattened the backside on a whetting stone and cleaned it a bit. Tomorrow I will put it on a pill with a 6*7135 AMC driver.

Peter Appleyard: Sophisticated Ladies digi copy

Sebenza 21 clone from Aliexpress :

Got an Xtar SV2 Rocket charger to charge my 26650’s at 2 amps

Astrolux S41 with Nichia 219B (supposedly), looks a little greenish to me. However, I’ll be slinging a Dr. Jones H17F in it this afternoon.

quote: djburkes

I did NOT want to mod this light BUT this is exactly what kept me from this deal. When it comes to 219 tint, who can ya believe anymore?

Don’t forget to bypass tail SpringS and driver spring. It really brightens them up.
I have 2 and a ($32) 3rd on the way, also preorder for the S41S
For the money, Green or not its worth it.

Here is a pic of the difference in the 2 I have. Right Green looking only has 2 of the original emitters. Other 2 are 219C and I have no clue what tint or CRI anymore.

I got Ultrafire F-13

xhp50 - homemade zener modded fet driver - with 2x26350 , coming :beer:

Like I needed another roll of solder. Got second roll of Kester RA SN 63 leaded solder made in May 2016. The rest are old rolls I’ve had since the late 70’s, early 80’s. They still work great. I’m paranoid that the government will ban leaded solder in the near future, so I’m stocked up for the rest of my life with that sweet leaded stuff. Did I say lead free solder sucks?

Convoy order in today! 2 S2+ SMO reflectors, C8 Clear and an extra one of the new drivers!

The LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500 arrived today from AliExpress for $15 without the power supply. So far is seems to be working great. My 4 Panasonic batteries came off the charger at 4.19 volts measured with my Fluke. I’m now doing a normal test to see the capacity of these older cells. I’m not sure how accurate the internal resistance measurement is, but it’s nice feature to have.

Was that a special deal “without the power supply”?
What ya using to power it?

I’m using the 5 amp bench supply I made. As far as a special deal, there’s plenty of them being sold on AliiExpress for that price. This is where I got mine

Lii-500

ahhh…i see. I have nuttin but trouble on Ali Exp. Page load/ back and forth translate probs.
One Li500 vendor there wanted $40 shipping. :open_mouth: Never could do Ali Exp., unless I was dealing with Simon and PayPal.

I have an intermittent problem with Simon’s store coming up in Russain. I even got an email confirmation in Russian on my last purchase from him! What’s up with that. I asked him about it, he had no idea why that happened.

You need to clear cockies in your browser.
This happened because one time you had went to ali by link started with “ru.aliexpress” and site saved this.

Yeah, Aliexpress languages are buggy. It comes up in spanish all the time for me, usually because of links here on BLF. Even changing the language field in the website doesn’t fix everything. Clearing your cookies is the best way.