What you got today

Wow, all my backlogged DX stuff showed up the same day. 3 envelopes of happiness containing:

3 x "vapur" bottles

2 baggies of GITD orings (16 & 20mm)

Tank007 E07

Mini usb-rechargable flashlight

Fujik adhesive

Whew! That's pretty much everything for the next month or so!

I don't know if you can use them but KD has Hakko tips for 2 dollars and they are very nice quality.

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1702

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=AKJ57Q9VZBBO8

That 2900 looks like a killer deal for 70. Autoshutoff for absentminded people.

I just paid like $10 for a Hexacon tip alone.

I love my 936 the 2900 has got to be awesome.

Solarforce L2T [ My 2nd ]

As well I could not pass on the L2i - Geez there cheap .... Put in a 3 mode low voltage drop in , and running it on a single AA Nimh , this is also my 2nd L2i and I do like them , so battery versatile with a low voltage drop in .

A card from the Postman saying there is a yellow envelope at the PO. Not sure what it is?

Two knives for my collection :)

The Enlan EL-01 (the nice knife with a flipper) and a Navy Knife 507 (stonewashed blade).

I will take some photos of my little knife collection and post it in the correct thread.

I have 10 orders out to China with 6 on US soil, 2 at HK post and 2 being filled. And its killing me waiting!

I only get paid once a month and usually spend most of my "Fun" money fast right after the bills get paid, But when i order from China its like the money lasts all month seeing it takes 2-4 weeks before the packages arrive.

Lately things i bought locally was modding supplies like thermal compound, solder, insulated and bare copper wire. Now i just need my hosts, drop-ins and drivers to show up so i can play lego light land and release some of that magic blue smoke.

OK finally got my new replacement driver from Manafont for my UF980L that died months ago I am very glad Jim hooked me up and stood behind his product.

The ever elusive P-60 drop in headlamp finally arrived after ordering 3 different headlamps and waiting months to finally find the right one. I will update with a new post detailing the mod once I get some time to tear it down, but it is a Small Sun ZY1801A if anyone is interested in getting one.

I've commented on this in another thread, so if you've seen it please skip to the question near the end of this post.

It took about 3 weeks. If they keep arriving in that time period I'll be very happy.

So far I have gotten the Solarforce L2 with 2 extensions from Solarforce.com. Also the first part of a split order from DealExtreme arrived. It contained a Tr-001 charger, 2 packs of Trustfire Flame batteries along with a tube of Fujic. Missing was a Cree q2 Drop in Module.

I was pleasantly surprised that the 4 Trustfire Flame 18650 batteries came with 2 battery cases.

On a curious note 2 items are in question in my mind.

1) No apology slip was in included for the Q2 Drop In that was missing from the order.

2) An apology slip was included for an item from a different order. It described the item, an Ultrafire C1 R2-WC, as being out of of stock.

Now I am unsure the missing item, the Cree Q2 drop in module, is going to come at all. I have read of missing items or items substitution from Dealextreme. Only time will tell what is going on here. Hopefully within the next week or so both missing items will show up.

Question:

I've got a question about the Solarforce extensions. Is the tailpiece for the L2 body supposed to fit on the end of the extensions? If so, it doesn't. I'm not sure if the clickie is rated for the current it would have to handle with 2 or more 18650's, so maybe this could be a safety feature? Anybody out there with experience on these extensions know?

Thanks,

Ron

Got an SRM 763 from MF today. Im quite impressed with the quality as everyone here have stated. no play at all and love how it feels. i think im gonna get another 2. this is my first axis lock and i like the way it works.

Got my free DD torch. Burned out after 10 seconds with eneloops.

You got a crap, burned out $3 light and everyone else got as many legit $30 lights as they want for $17. I think DinoDirect just made a new customer.

The switch is poor as well but it isn't the problem. Getting 0.04 amps at the tail. Light is the lowest low I have ever seen. Useless.

If it wasn't raining I would go into my shed and find my sledge hammer and put it out of its misery.

This whole give away has been a tragedy for me.

Hey all is not lost. Got a free packet of crystal mud. lol

I have a feeling this Dino Direct deal is going to get ugly, I hope I am wrong.

Well, he did want us to review this shining, hand-picked example of a torch to build his new reputation off of. I say we give it to him. Mine was so crappy and generic that the maker didn't even put their name on it. If this is what he wanted to impress us with then I can't help but expect the UF-H2 deal to go horribly wrong somehow. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of ask those who were allowed to buy into it. I just came up with a theory on all that but will post it when I'm on my computer, not my phone.

Waiting to hear it

OLD4570. I might have missed something in the past but how do you run the L2i on a single AA Nimh? I read the thread about exchanging the switch and filing the battery holder to run 18650's better http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/1922 but what about AA's? Can you link me to how you do that? It sounds interesting. What low voltage drop-in do you use? So many questions. I think others too might be interested in your answers. I thank-you beforehand.

I PM’d you with it.

With this low voltage drop in they work great you can suck a battery down to nothing with it. I have 2 in 501As with cr123 batteries one in my truck and one on my motorcycle no fear of heat induced lion explosion.

http://www.lighthound.com/Solar-Force-LC-1-Cree-R5-Drop-In-for-L2-Flashlight-Three-Modes-Low-Voltage_p_3507.html