What you got today

Got this classic Olympus VT-II stereo microscope today. (my previous hobby was collecting microscopes, but it became too expensive to continue in a serious way)
I bought it second-hand for 70 euro, and it is clean, shows little use and good maintenance despite it being more than 40 years old
It has the 20x eye-pieces instead of the standard 10x eyepieces, for a magnification of 20x or 40x. Despite being 20x they give an extremely good view and are easy on the eyes. Really happy!

[quote=djozz]
Got this classic Olympus VT-II stereo microscope today. (my previous hobby was collecting microscopes, but it became too expensive to continue in a serious way)
I bought it second-hand for 70 euro, and it is clean, shows little use and good maintenance despite it being more than 40 years old
It has the 20x eye-pieces instead of the standard 10x eyepieces, for a magnification of 20x or 40x. Despite being 20x they give an extremely good view and are easy on the eyes. Really happy!

. Retro (Science Class) Cool! :+1:

Nice Japanese quality :+1:

Very nice djozz. Need to see the camera set up on it now. Looking forward to the pictures. :+1:

More toys to play with (as my wife says) I say this is Tools for work —- :smiley:

I’m afraid that this one is not for BLF pictures, just for its looks. I already had a great stereo microscope for taking pictures, an Olympus SZ zoom. Here they are together (I’m a hoarder :person_facepalming: )

:+1:

No No No My friend ——That’s a Collector — Men have collections— :wink:

Imalent MS18 came in the mail today. I just could not pass up on the two newest big offerings from Imalent, the current Kings of Flood and Power Throw.

Four more hours 'till my favorite time of the day!

Got an email confirmation from Rey that my Ti Dawn has shipped. :muchexcite:

Does that count? lol

My second BLF A6 from Banggood

No, you want something black. Emissivity close to 1.

Yeah, microscopes are great. I’ve worked once in Carl Zeiss (industrial metrology branch) where microscopes were used for diffrent applications. Also for measuring geometry or surface roughness. I loved their flawless quality, bright images and accuracy which only Leica (Ernst Leitz GmbH) could compete against. Yeah, microscopes remind me of that good old times

• Convoy C8+ SST-20 (4000k)
  • Convoy C8+ XPL Hi - V2 1A
  • Convoy S2+ SST40 (5000k)

Wish you were in states and I could convince you to sell or trade one of them. I have micromineral specimens that have not seen light of day in years as all I have anymore is a 10X loupe to look at them. Always meant to find a good used binoc scope.

I have plenty of lights now to illuminate them :slight_smile:

I’ve got a Skywolfeye B16 AAA zoomie.
The first impression is very good, I like the looks and I really like the large optics relative to the head size.
UI is as bad as it gets, next mode memory with strobe in the loop.
Agry blue emitter.
The clicky switch is very loud.
There’s alu pill.
The driver surely needs a swap if this light is to receive some serious usage. I tried to disassemble the pill but the driver is glued.
I failed to remove the plastic washer that obscures the front of the PCB and I’m not sure if the LED is placed on the same PCB as the driver or is it separate.

I intend to try 10440 with it but just not yet - I don’t want to kill it just yet.

So…it may or may not be a good host, some more force is needed to tell and I don’t want to kill it just yet. :wink:

Anyway, it’s going to be my main light for the following (few?) days.

I got two red laserpointers, bought them for work, students will use them for physics experiments. Laserpointers of this type are very difficult to find: working on a single AAA cell and they have a tailclicky so that they can be used continuously. As a bonus the batteries do not drain spontaneously in a week, like cheap 2xAAA laserpointers all do, they have terrible parasitic drain.

I bought them on laserkopen.nl, what I think is a dutch-language store of Jetlasers.

Edit: Raccoon, where art thou! :open_mouth:
Edit2: too late :frowning:

I got one of these at some point, it is nice because squeezing the pocket clip completes the circuit. Otherwise it’s a standard 2xaaa red laser

I got a FT03 SST-40 5000 K DOA. :cry: Just a short flicker and it was (almost) dead. Banggood order stuck in "processing" – email address issues?! - #47 by SammysHP

I have a CU MF01 mini in the mailbox right now