What you got today

Never quite like it when handle and blade color matches, zebras are much nicer

(both handle and blade sticks to a magnet)

My VB-16

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11432

I didn't have time to play around with it and I need first to recharge 4 flame trusties to compare it to my Trustfire X-8 under equal conditions.

From the first tests I can say, it seems to be pretty good. The lowest current at the tailcap is 0,01 amps from two 18650 cells at 4,0 volts. Max is 1,29 amps with the same batteries. Will see later what it does with fully charged batteries. However, at this stage, it seems to be much brighter than the X-8, despite the x-8 has a smaller hotspot (about 1/3 smaller). The tint is warmer than the X-8. The ramping works fine, but a bit fast to the lower end. It has a forward clickie switch.

I ordered it 07/16 and it arrived today - 13 days, that was fast.

It'd be interesting to see how it compares to the olight m3x copies.

Impulse buy at Safeway

It's tiny. Where's the cheapest place for button cells?

Olight Multi-Purpose Gear Family Kit. For $137.95 shipped ($149.95 - $12 if you use CPF8 coupon for 8% off), it's a steal! If purchased separately, all those items would cost over $300.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=2562

Beautiful zebra Shallots! SPAMBOT, Did you mod them yourself?

From Ebay got some emitters including two warm Seoul N42182 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220808924765&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Also got this nice diamond sharpener, I don't know if are aimed at knives because it's not listed in the ad, but work very well in a very hard knife dull before this treatment. Got razor sharp with it easily...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350276253913&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just swapped the blades and passivated the stainless handle on the “naked” one : ) The shallot is an under loved and under appreciated knife, it is really a very good blade. And its build quality is top notch, no sloppiness whatsoever (unlike most of my spyderco’s).

Got my first Xeno E03 today.

There is a reason I have 4 of those, I am glad you noticed why.

SF L2T with clip, 1x SF protected 123, LT ITP A3 XP-G R5 in blue LMH

Trustfire BJO8A (what a name)!

A KD C8 (OP), a Black Cat (Red) from BestOfferBuy and a Surprise. The surprise arrived while giving the lights their initial check, clean and lube. First, I was glad to see the C8 was in good/usual condition and had a brass pill, even though the emitter was slightly off-centre. A more neutral tint than my last KD C8 too, just right.

Next came the BlackCat. It arrived in a BC box and the first thing I noticed was that it had a Tank007 lanyard attached. Not all that unusual as I’ve had lights with non matching branded lanyards before. However, when I was checking and cleaning the BC I looked down the barrel to check for any dirt or shavings, etc. And there on the insulating band between the positive and negative rings of the driver, in bold, clear shiny type, were, yes, you’ve guessed it, the letters TANK007. Now that is interesting.

It has me wondering whether to risk a 10440 in this light? I wouldn’t usually risk a 10440 in a BlackCat but I’ve half a suspicion now that the driver in this one may very well take it. I don’t think there’s a Tank007 AAA sized light that is not lithium capable (i.e. 3.7v rated). So if a batch of pre-built Tank007 drivers were bought to make these lights………

The trouble is that this red BC is not for me. I could hold on to it and order another but the person its for may not be pleased with another three week wait. But heck I am so very tempted.

Got a Yezl T9 to play with today.

The Fenix LD15 that will replace the LD01 on my keychain. The LD15 is brighter, not that much bigger, and the AA has a lot more power than a AAA (longer runtime on high):

All BC's come with the tank007 driver. They draw 2A (!) from aaa, so lithiums are unnecessary.

Cheers, agenthex, I never knew that. I don't recall seeing the Tank lettering on the driver of the last BC's I had through my hands. Perhaps I missed it. I've never had one myself. I only get them for others and give them a quick, check, clean and lube before passing them on.

BTW I just noticed that the Tank E07, which I thought always had an Osram emitter, shows on Tank's site as now having a Cree Q5.

Well, at least all mine have the lettering. They're made by the same people, so not too much a surprise.

Frankly I think the draw is too high. You essentially need LSD nihm's to use this. Nice tint, though.