What you got today

Well as far as I know Lenovo is IBM in the hardware Cat. I went away fron IBM long ago HW wise but they are still around...

I have to sleep now, good talk worthy of a new thread :)

I listen to conf calls too, I love BLF , smart people here :)

I couldn't get one.

Got a BIG box, like 4 feet long, and 1 foot square on the end. Mum is like.. whats this one now.. another flashlight?, I'm like. I wish it was, but its a little too light to be a torch.

I got the Saintfire K20 from Manafont.

But it's not working, the switch does not make contact with the flashlight-body (the cap does not screw on far enough to let the containing ring of the switch make contact with the end of the body). The led and driver are working perfect, using a metal object to make contact between the - of the battery and the end of the battery tube will light up the led. The switch is working if i test it with the multimeter.

At this moment the Manafont website is out, so i can't complain there.

Saintfire wants to make flashlights to compete with Fenix, but a Fenix will work if you take it out of the box...

The Saintfire K20 looks and even feels like a Fenix LD20, but if it does not work it is useless.

Update: it is working fine now, it just was'nt screwed together correctly in the factory.

Sounds like you have things pretty well in hand in the diagnosis there. My $.02 is this, sometimes if the tailcap is screwed on too tight, the switch in one of my lights won't work. Maybe try backing off the cap like 1/8th of a turn?

Update on the Saintfire...

On the back of the flashlight tube there is a ring wich keeps the clip in place.

That ring was not screwed on far enough, and because of that the tailcap did not get on far enoug to make contact.

It works perfect now

Tailcap amps with GP Recyko:

Low 0,03A

Mid 0,27A

High 1,20A

The strobe is fast, but the SOS is very slow.

The mode memory is working, it comes on in the last used mode.

I'm glad to hear that..I've had great hopes for those being reasonable quality.

That's something I don't understand. Slower strobes and faster sos is what's useful, but we always get the opposite--not that I'm suggesting we should get them at all...:bigsmile:

I dont' really need strobe and SOS, but in most cases there is no choice, they all come with those modes...

I compared it with the Fenix HP 11, on high the K20 looks jut a little bit brighter than the Fenix HP11 (also on high, but the Fenix has a 277 ANSI-lumen Turbo mode and that is much brighter). The Fenix is 133 ANSI lumen on high, the Saintfire should be 230 lumen, but compared to the Fenix it is about 150 ANSI lumen (ANSI lumen seems to be much brighter than "normal" lumen...).

The Saintfire K20 is still pretty bright for a 2AA light, but the Fenix LD20 will be brighter because it has 180 ANSI lumen.

We were going to get two 32GB Touchpads. Tried every retailer that was supposed to have stock and ended up with six canceled orders. Oh well, we didn't really need a tablet anyway but it would have made a nice toy, at least at $149. Maybe that's why have such a hard time understanding why people would get into fist fights over $30 dvd players and such. It's essentially a toy anyway. You win some and you lose some.

And there's always going to be the next great thing(tm). Maybe I'll pick up another Kindle (3G, this time) when they clear them out in anticipation of the launch of their tablet. Maybe not.

I got a Sunwayman v10r Ti today also a rather dark look from my wife as she passed me the package...

Haven't had much time to play with it yet just thrown in a CR123 and had a little play and it feels very much like a pocket Varapower 2000 in terms of UI / function that is

The v10r starts at around 1 lumen (same as the varapower) and with a twist of the very smooth control ring brightness increases in a linear way up to around 200 manufacturer rated lumens (or about 10% of the varapower on high) im not sure yet if i feel it was worth the price which for me was around 3 months worth of flashlight budget and could have got me quite a few lights and accessories but time will tell.

Oh dear, looking at the pictures i realise my beermat needs a good scrub!

An update on this. I had the same problem w/ the update download. You can get the Webos doctor to do this instead offline. I highly recommend this guide:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/293028-new-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html

I didn't do everything they recommended (for example I like the touch ripple), but it's fairly comprehensive.

I used the pad a bunch yesterday, and except maybe for lack of a good photo/paint app, it's very solid. Slightly better OS than iOS, and definitely more attention paid to detail than android.

I got some emitters from LCK-LED because of there great sale and all the good things i have heard about them, but they neglected to send me the XPG I was really looking forward to getting. Hopefully they can fix the error they made and ship me the neutral XPG I really wanted to try out.

Sometimes I really hate trying new venders.

my dad bought me a shed today and the wood for the deck to put it on..talk about a great pops and quite a bit of cash dropped today..so lucky to have a great family..sorry this meant a lot to me today..now I get to put it up with him..good times..lol

Nice to do things together with family .makes for good memories ..

not sure the wood shed and my dad are ones i would put high on that list... but hey enjoy building it ..:P

I finally got the L2T I ordered a month ago. Small SNAFU with the order that was quickly and efficiently rectified by Solarforce sales CS. I received it on friday but nobody mentioned it to me and I found it today by the front door. Never get anything on sunday so I'll call it a nice surprise. What a sweet light. The lanyard is a Jacktheclipper special. Looks nice doesnt it?

Where did you got this amazing deal?

Here at BLF, I think. Not available outside of the US though.

O yes that deal, read the thread, indeed too bad it's not available world wide, but i read about the problems and costs of shipping abroad :)

Got a EL01KH from Exduct. A couple of pictures of the happy family reunion: