What you got today

Oh, it's definitely overpriced, but it's a Maglite Smile. Judging by what you still see out at retail, Maglite will never stop making the old models... Undecided Wait a few weeks or months, I'm sure someone will find a tailcap that will work with it. According to ML customer service, first retail shipments were to go to Gander Mountain, should be on shelf by upcoming weekend or so - got any of those 'Right here'?

As far as the competition goes, I paid $52 for my Fenix L2D 3-1/2 years ago. It's still a great little light, but the Pro+ spanks it pretty good in perceived brightness, a lot of that due to the Cool White color. .

Hmm...no Gander Mountain stores right here but there is one in Harrisburg in my old stomping grounds. Not worth the price in gas to drive out just for that but it just so happens I will be out there in about a month so I may have to plan on stopping in. ;)

Is the Minimag Pro XP-G? Seems like it has to be, but I'm not seeing confirmation of that.

why do you guys think that the torch is expensive?

regular prices for 2x AA Fenix, jetbeam, klarus, olight, eagletac, lumintop is higher than 29.99$ :O

the not optimized reflector ("zoom, flood, lol") sounds bugging

Yes, I read that it is XP-G. I could confirm on CPF, but it's down....

I guess it's a relative thing, kreisler. Mag has always used several year old technology, quality is good (for a cheap light), but nothing special in finish (HA I or II), thin aluminum and features. The reflector and lens are plastic, mostly one mode lights. You can buy any C8 out there that will blow a Mag out of the water for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. I'm nuts to pay $37 shipped for it - coulda had a SB S-Mini, Romisen RC-T601 or several other choices for that price or less. I don't care though, I like the look and feel of a Maglite. A good price for this light would be $14.99 to $19.99 tops.

XP-G has four yellow strips on the die. XP-E has 3, XM-L has 6. Don't worry too much about the price. It's nice being the first with a new light and it's good to hear what you think of it. I might get one of those once they make their way on sale at Home Depot. That's a good bit of light and Maglite is a classic. Put a Low on it and that's pretty fantastic.

http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

congrats to the buy in any case. i think 30bucks sound okay, not overpriced. and you get the bonus of pioneer purchaser and reviewer and us all in awe and admiration

8)

i am very glad to hear that Maglite has finally caught up with its biggest rival: Fenix.

XP-G for the win! Thanks for that brted. Such a simple way to identify that I was not aware of. And it was fun getting it as one of the first - I never do that with new technology.

By the way, how's the weather in HotLanta? I lived there for 28 years, really miss it in the spring....

SC600w

Not exactly a budget light! However, it is amazing. I've always been a fan of Zebralight, but with the the SC600/w they have just out done themselves. It's no wonder everyone loves this light! It's also no wonder that it is constantly out of stock on Zebralight's site.

When the package turned up I thought there had been a mistake, the light is crazy small!!

Amazing output, tint (no green! Just pure creamy goodness), UI and compact size! The machining on the light is incredible.

80 days on moonlight mode!

I can't stop playing!!!

This is going to be my new go to light.

enjoy steve..love me my sc600..amazing light

Well I’ll be damned…I always thought the XM-L had 5 bars, not 6.

Me and my aging eyes. I had to pull out my phone camera and zoom in to see for myself. Time to see the optometrist.

Yavi

I really hope it works out for you, I am on year 3 after being a lifelong smoker and I haven't cheated once. It is key that you find a flavor of juice that you enjoy. I get mine from here.

http://www.vtvapor.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11&zenid=6f6df98310080d21e35dfdd8ba7546ff

I just want to add I use mine everywhere including my flight from Logan to Miami and back this week. Just be discreet about blowing up a large puff of steam and you can vape wherever you want.

Yesterday I received from Manafont 3 pair of Flames and and a pair C8 holsters ordered on Monday 06 February Received Thursday 16 February

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-flashlight-holster-for-c8-p-7510

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/protected-trustfire-18650-37v-3000mah-rechargeable-batteries-2pcsset-p-7941

Now awaiting two WF-139 chargers from DX and a pair of KD C8s, Oh Please have my C8s show up soonest.

Looking forward to the thread on this

These 16mm switches came from manafont today. They do indeed fit the UF 502. http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/replacement-tailcap-switch-for-501b502b-10pcsset-p-6077

Received my Shiningbeam Caveman Xm-L T6, and an Ultrafire C3 single mode. The caveman is very nice. It throws a wall of light at 290 lumens. I didn't like the silicone grease it had on it so of course I had to remove that and put some Super Lube Grease I just got yesterday. The twisting is a lot smoother now. The Ultrafire c3 was a little dusty under the lens so I took that part and cleaned it up and lubed it. My wife saw me doing this and burst out laughing.. Guess women just don't understand :)

2 Egg McMuffins for $3, and 3 HiMax 18650's. Nice combo, ain't it?

glenn, 3 new cells for your new DRY? :)

makes me smile

LOL!

btw, when do you stop buying stuffz, glenn? :D