What you got today

@jacktheclipper

@pounder

What would you guys like to know, specifically?

Hows the beam? I'm getting the 5 mode version so anything about tailcap readings and pwm wouldn't apply to me by would still like to know lol

I would like to know about PWM , beam profile , and tint . Also , how easy to mod ?

i got a cheap flashlight today which only need $4.99

Got a 4sevens Maelstrom X10 from Environmental Led on sale. Too bad they weren't on sale last year. Its a great little light though.

Got the Gladiator, finally. Looks good. Will review it soon(ish).

got my P1A from Dinodirect.

thanks dino!!

I'll just explain with some pics, although not the best quality:

Control

About six feet away:

About 15 feet away:

Balder SE-1 XM-L (because it has a smooth, clean and white beam profile):

Anti-roll collar isn't effective, although the rear anti-roll ring is.

You start to see a donut at >15 feet but it's hard to see in the photo. I'm terrible with color tints and PWM so you decide if you think it has a green tint or is just "warmer" (compared to the clean and white SE-1). For now I'm using kind of lousy, generic cells because I recently gave away all my XTAR's with gift flashlights (I currently have some replacements en route). I'm reading less than 1.8A on high, just as a reference. I'm certain it will read higher with quality cells that can actually charge completely. It should be easy to mod if you want a different driver or maybe a U2 emitter, but I would think the reason for buying this version is that it's already been modded for us - no blinkies!

How easy to mod ?

Standard C8 style pill ?

Oh I meant to take those photo's as well. Please wait and I'll get those posted. It's easier for me to just explain with photo's since I'm not as well versed with the many different versions to make that judgement. I would consider it an easy mod. Honestly, I'm not familiar with the "standard" C8 style pill as I never paid attention before and I gave my other C8's away. You should be able to tell from the photo's.

EDIT: I added the photo's to my previous post.

Manafont 20.5mm reverse clicky internals to replace my L2T forward switch.

Nice. These will fit Solarforce hosts without modifications?

We will see... will do a thread about them at the weekend... I think garry already tested them a bit.

I’ve had a bag of those in my parts bin for quite some time now but haven’t had the need to use them yet. As I recall from looking at my L2T switch when I got it I think they will fit fine.

Mini Maglite Pro+ will be waiting for me at the office today. It's on the UPS truck and we're an early delivery spot.

Sweet! I can’t wait to see what you think of it. Be sure to post a lot of pics and some beam shots. All I’ve seen online are the Pro model (not Pro+) and the only color available is black. Seems the others vanish as soon as they hit the shelf.

Will do JohnnyMac. Funny, those sites that are getting them are picking up either the Pro or the Pro+, not both. Got it from zbattery.com but they charge for UPS shipping. Quartermaster has the Pro, a little cheaper and free shipping. Couple of other sites have them as well from following a post over at CPF. Definitely not a budget purchase at full retail of $29 or so. We'll probably see these on sale around Christmas for $14.99 or $19.99.

Protec Flute Case from Amazon to hold my Fenix TK-70. Very nice case and the TK70 fits perfectly. Can't beat the price. Also got 6 Hi-Max 18650 from Protacticalshop.com. Payed 7.00 a piece. Shipped and received in two days to Texas. Can't recommend Shane enough for quick shipping and quality products.

The Pro+ arrived at work yesterday morning, happy with the purchase, just not the price. Purchased from zbattery.com, $28.99 + $8.64 UPS. Shipped fast - ordered Monday morning, arrived at work Wednesday morning.

Here's my initial impressions:

- Flawless finish, little bit of dust on the inside of the reflector.
- Bright! - weird to see that much light coming out of a maglite. My old 2xAA standard was the Fenix L2D Q5, supposed to be ~ 180 lumens on turbo. The Pro+ is noticibly brighter and beam color is pure clear white, which I prefer. Definite hotspot with decent flood, but a few little rings. - Head turning is more of a fine tune of the beam, only one real position is effective, not really a flood to throw.
- Light is 3/4" longer than the old Mini Mag Incan version, Head is longer by 3/8", Bezel is also slightly longer, Tailcap appears identical. Lens is still plastic. It might be my imagination but it feels heavier and more solid than my 2 other Mini Mags and the finish is more glossy, feels thicker to touch.
- UI for Low setting is effective: Twist head to turn on the light while pointing it straight down - voila! 25% as bright. Turning on in any other position goes to high.

I've replaced the Duracells with Eneloops. I can already tell you it will have 2 or 3 mods:
- I'm going to spray some clear coat on another reflector to make a homemade OP and try to reduce the rings.
- I would like to install a tail cap switch, but I'm not sure how that will work with the two mode - may lose the low but maybe not since it seems to be motion/position activated. I have the NitIze switch from Old-Lumens' Mini Mag Mod which I will try out. If that works, I'm going to try out a TerraLUX switch and replace the lens with glass. EDIT: NiteIze switch doesn't fit - apparently the tube/threading on the new Pro+ is just slightly larger, so this mod will have to wait until someone comes up with a new switch to fit.

Pictures and general review will have to wait till the weekend, but JohnnyMac, if you just can't wait, here's a few pics/first impressions from over at the other place...Smile

Dave

Heheheh…thanks, Dave! :slight_smile: Glad to hear you like it. Now that it’s in your hands you don’t think it’s overpriced compared to the competition? Sux to hear about the tail cap being a different threading. If I ever decide to do body mods to it I’ll have to invest in all new tooling. :frowning: Hopefully they will never stop making the old incan verison. :slight_smile: In the mean time, I need to get my hands on one of these. Hoping the local retailers like Walmart or Target will be carrying them soon.

I'd check out the CPF link but, you guessed it...they are down yet again.

Johnny