Rating: Dinodirect.com

Having group buys and an "AVOID" label simultaneously strikes me as rather odd... Mixed messages much? I would still very much like to see the fake reviews go away though. I've had no problems with DD (out of 11 orders) thus far.

Stating the obvious, "Avoid, unless there's a really cool group buy!"

Seriously, I've had good results last 4 purchases from them.

Here's hoping they get their Bozo's Big Top website in order soon.

It should be an embarrassment to their marketing department.

I don't know how they stay in business? Come on, DD...clean-up your act!

Hey, I have made several orders off DD. Some of them recently.

They have messed up some of my orders. Like not telling me something is out of stock but after I inquire them about it they offer me a gift card of the same value or a bit more to compensate.

My last order I received a dead Romison RC-A2. I asked them to send a replacement, they offered a $5 USD giftcard. Now I paid $11.83 AUD for this flashlight. I then asked them to offer me the actual price I paid for the flashlight. They then offered me $13 USD, I thought this was fair so I accepted. I have not yet got the gift card yet but they usually send them to me within 24 hours. ( I have had situations which they ended sending me giftcards before)

Here's how the RMA request went:

The product SKU:A08320000B was DOA and needs to be replaced. I have tried different AA batteries which all work on other flashlights.

• Customer Service Emily,Nov 07,2011
    Thanks for contacting us. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please find someone to fix the problem and we could offer you a $5 gift card as a compensation? Looking forward to your reply.
  • Patrick Nov 07,2011
    The flashlight cost $11.83 AU if you could give me that much then I would accept it, because the one that I received does not work
  • Customer Service Emily,Nov 07,2011
    Thank you for contacting us.We are wrtiting to inform you that we would like to offer you a USD$ 13 giftcard.Will that be OK?Your earlier reply will be highly appreciated!
  • Patrick Nov 07,2011
    Yes that will be fine. Thank you for your support.

My shipping times vary from 7-14 days (via EMS express) and 14-20 days (standard air mail). These are pretty average shipping times for China/HK to Australia.

I reckon DD are ok with dealing with their stuff ups. This is based on what my experiences with them are. Apart from their fake reviews, photos, dodgy descriptions and lack of customer communication sometimes (eg. you have to tell them that they never sent you something which you then find out it was out of stock) DD is a somewhat legit seller.

EDIT: I have recieved the giftcard. It took around 10-20 mins after I agreed to them, instantly after they replied and agreed to send the $13 giftcard.

I have personally managed to “avoid” them but since the “group buys” and all the threads by Summer are allowed if this were a voting issue I’d vote to remove the “avoid” label. Although if it were my site I wouldn’t be allowing group buys from DD or allowing all the threads by Summer. I guess my point is that I would vote for a policy of consistency regardless of which way one wants to go with that. In another thread it mentions that BLF is not here to judge or promote an existing business. The policy regarding DD is not consistent with that.

I agree that it seems strange to have an "AVOID" label and group buys. However, I don't participate in the group buys at all and I don't buy from DD for all of the negative reasons that have been mentioned. So, I feel justified in maintaining the "AVOID" label. I also agree that DD is creating too many threads for their promotions, and I have several times warned them to limit themselves to one or two deal threads. We'll see if they respect this in the future.

Keep the Avoid on as it takes time. Just because we get 1 or 2 good group buys, does not mean they have changed.

Also the Sunwayman deal was superseded bythe Thanksgiving coupon code.So that Groupbuy was not that good. Those who bought it lost out.

-Those who bought it lost out.-

Not entirely accurate. A product bought now you can already use as opposed to buying it later. And there's depreciation. But I give more weight to the former.

I vote to keep the avoid. They inflate their prices to a laughably ludicrous amount then claim discounts. Does anyone believe that an Ultrafire C8 with a Q5 emitter with 2 unprotected blue ultrafire batteries and a $5 charger is $124.78? Anyone? Anyone? I didn't think so.

To get a good deal from them you really have to dig deep and hard. Sure they exist, I even bought an Trustfire C8 XM-L from them for $19 but outside of a group buy that's the only thing I've bought.

They knowingly post false reviews, use misrepresentative photos of beam shots, steal photos from the internet that aren't even from the correct product, inflate original prices and sell them at claimed discounted prices that are for the most part higher than anywhere else. They probably fool the majority of people buying from them but it's still dishonest. Retail prices should be set by the manufacturer and consistent across all retailers or wholesalers. They use gimmicky discount codes and credits with crazy limits on them that they know will never get used because they can't be combined with other credits. I got a $5 credit coupon with that light I bought but to use it I have to spend over $50 and I can't combine it with any other credits or coupons.

Just give me honest reviews and photos with honest prices and honest discounts. They earned their "AVOID" rating here and have not earned it being removed.

they had kept sending me emails saying that they awarded me 50 dino points for the delay in shipment of my order. finally after the 3rd email, i decided they are adding up. i got 32 points for my order, 150 total for delayed shipment. i contacted cs and explained the situation. they sad you have 32 points, and disconnected the chat. i started another chat, and she said sorry we have error. finally after sending SS of all 3 emails, they gave me a gift card for 1.50. so now i have a $1.50 and $1 gift cards and $0.32 in dino points. and ill bet i can only use one gift card at a time... it was a pain to say the least

They now have a 50 to 90 percent off Nov. 9th Christmas promo.

I wonder if that's after the super-sized inflationary price?

Really. Just can the BS and offer discounted prices. It's really very easy.

I've had a problem with my Dino point for some time now. Lately when I receive an email saying I've earned some Dino point either through my orders or their "reward" for not delivering an order after 3 days, It keeps saying I get 50 or whatever Dino point but then It says I have a total of 0 Dino point.

I recently checked my Dino point in detail in my DD account and it says I have -5035 Dino points. ???

Who else should I contact to solve this issue, because the live chat CS at DD don't do anything to solve Dino point issues for me. Should I talk to Summer?

I had trouble getting an order to go through and lost all my points and they never came back!

I have the same issue with dinopoints. Points for order show up, but points for order processing delays don't. This is already a couple of bucks.

Customer service is useless.

Well I can't see myself ever buying from them again. They just screw up too much to trust them to get it right. I'll spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

I agree with everyone’s sentiment towards DD however I’m amazed that anyone would torture themselves by having to deal with CS for 32 cents.

It must be entertaining in some way or you (in the generic sense) wouldn’t do it.

In my case the 5035 Dino point is worth $50.35, I'd rather (NOT) try to rack up that amount in Dino point just so I can start earning some usable Dino point again.

ill assume that was toward me. it was 32 points that i had, 150 i was missing. im on a budget, very measly budget right now... 1.82 off, plus the dollar gift card for making the dino account would make the uf 2100 just a little over $11.

plus, it wasnt one email saying heres 50 points for the delay... i let it pass til the 3rd time

After chatting several times (because either "otta" was busy or they hung up) online with dd cs I had to send them email:

Problem description:

1. Not being able to log-in to my DinoDirect account although I'm entering my userid with a correct password
  2. Not being able to request a new password or to be precise I’m actually able to request it but I’m not getting any email link in order to renew my password
  3. Not being able to make new orders because of 1…

Please advice! I’ve already tried to explain the situation in online chat a couple of times...

Let's see what happens and how long it takes. The problem here is that I won't do any more business with them if it takes long but on the other hand I'm not able to open a case because of the defects in the 1st delivery from them either...

There is no SALE at DD only price increases.

Same thing as last year, when will they learn?

Yep, a LOT of prices went up yesterday. For Fenix, Nitecore, Jetbeam, etc.

This is how "50 to 90 percent off" looks like in DD understanding. LOL. I wonder, what Summer has to say about it.

Luckily, they still left a couple of good prices intact.