What you got today

Do you think it was lube of somekind they´ve smeared on the lens?

Got mine dirty as well.

Received today:

Pop-lite headlamp (again) ans Wire Glue!

Wire glue does not seem to harden as hard as I hoped.

Definitely not lube. I have special cleaner by CRC that is amazing and it won’t do anything for this film. Very frustrating since it really shows when the light is on. It’s like a blotchy haze in the glass itself.

KaiDomain is a good source for different sizes of coated lenses. Coated with anti-reflective coating, not just goop.

Just picked up from Post Office via Manafont:

1x Sky Ray S-R5 P60 host

This is a very nice host! It looks very good and looks well built. Tailstands and seems to have decent mass for heatsinking. It seems like a quality product.

1x Generic Warm-White P60 drop-in

This is a nice drop-in for $6.60! The light has a very warm tint which looks very similar to an incandescent color. It seems to render colors much better than my cooler tint Tank007 E09 which is the only other light I have on me today.

Johnny, Excellent news you finally got your Dry. Too bad the lens is screwy. I wonder if anyone makes replacements in that size??

I got these 2 AA to D adapters today for $5.35 shipped. Took almost a month to arrive..

that's what I thought at first - try thinner layers and let it dry completely in between (like a whole day) - it works much better (at least for me)

pretty good stuff but I don't like the container

link please!

Could you measure what it pulls from 1 and 2 18650 batteries? I guess it is the single mode version of this dropin?

Yeah, you are probably rihgt since a tailcap spring is sitting tight while a tailcap ring (slobbered) is still wet... hmm.

Gotta pay more attention, hehe.

Thanks for the tip!

My container was so full, that it was hard to close / open it without spilling any. At least worth the money, I guess..

Here you go :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250983256638#ht_3847wt_1163

I'll try to check that tonight after work and I'll let you know. I bought it just to play with out of curiosity since I had never seen a warm LED flashlight. It's much nicer than I had expected; I may end up getting a couple of others to gift for a couple of family members who don't like the cooler tint of standard LED flashlights. Now, if we could just get a good 3x AA P60 host. Frown

thanks ordered those D cases! 2/3 the capacity of the KD ones I just modded but they'll look much nicer (need to give some away w/ a light)

and...that wire glue container started leaking as soon as I took the tape off - I think because it had been cold (in the mail) and was expanding in my hot little hands....

Hey Johnny, my DRY has the same blotchy lens issue so If you find a replacement lens let me know!

That reminds me: got yesterday CRC Precision Cleaner for contact and circuit cleaning. Paid too much for it… does anyone have experiences with it?
I used acetone before (TRY IT for the DRY lens, if it dos not work, then nothing will…) but ran out of it.

I will have to look. It appears that a Maglite lens should work (52.8mm). The only problem might be lens thickness as the one on the DRY is a bit thicker than the one in the mags.

UPS just dropped a little box on my doorstep.

I'm waiting on all kinds of stuff, and I couldn't figure out what I ordered that was so small and heavy.

speedymetals got $30 worth of copper to me in 2 days (+ $15 shipping...cheapest option).

Just checked with a freshly-charged 18650s and saw 1.3A with 1 cell, .6A with two cells. Seems pretty decently driven to me! I can't wait to get my WF-502d host in so I can play with different configurations.

Thanks a ton, seems like a perfect 2x18650 bike setup for runtime... no switching modes on bumpy roads/terrain... will order one too.

Got a Keygos KE-5 in from a fellow BLF'r today. Nice little light!!

Mine is the same. Can't clean it. Maybe Ric can sort it out