What's BLF Baking these days ?

Do you do deliveries? :wink:

Yes. You’re in luck. As a matter of fact. I only deliver to Vancouver, BC. Just let me know what toppings you’d desire and I should be pulling up out front in about 30 hours or so. Price is $2,000.00 US including tip and BLF discount … :beer:

I brew beer and use fresh yeast cultures sometimes. The home brew supply stores should have some in stock. You can even mail order them and they come with an ice pack, but those tend to arrive half-dead and require a regrowth period for pitching.

A good batch from a vial would only require warming it up to room temperature prior to use.

I live about 30 minutes from Orange. I’ll be right over for pickup! :smiley:

the old standards: drop biscuits, pecan pies, and hush puppies (yes, baking, not frying).
the weather is too hot to turn on the oven very much. just makes the A/C work harder.

We don't turn on the stove or oven when the A/C is on.

That's only allowed when the swamp cooler (evaporative cooler) is on.

RC you are bonkers and we love you for it!

Does shake’n’bake count as “baking”?

A few members are baked.

Made NY times No knead bread this weekend using King Arthur bread flour . tried to score it but forgot all moms knives are too dull to slice dough .

Came out pretty good .I'm letting them get a little more carmel/brown colored than my earlier attempts . Taste is still right there and still struggling with how to keep crunch days later vs too soft . One things for sure there won't be any mold since they're getting eaten up.

hesitant to freeze but I might try freezing some of it to see.

thanks for all your help /tips .

Fwiw, I came across (and got) a set of bread-slashers for <3bux (now 4) on vipon.

10pak of Wilkinson-type razor-blades and a handy-dandy holder/handle. Not too shabby.

https://www.vipon.com/product/7817080-Premium-Hand-Crafted-Bread-Lame-Dough-amazon-coupons

The razor blades are probably worth more than that

Baked a plum cake yesterday, this time just using baking powder instead of yeast. Turned out rather well.

Chocolate Banana Bread!