What's going on at CPF?

Its fine for me right now, but I was getting lots of 503 errors earlier this morning.

Me too.

CPF has been the slowest loading pages for YEARS. Point it out on the forum and a MOD will swoop down upon you and lie to you when they don’t have to. Half the time I go there, it takes forever to load pages. Really annoying. You would think by now that they would have upgraded over all these years. But no, SOS. It works more often than not, except for when you really need to see or read something interesting.

I fully agree,the forum is the slowest site I know.It is for this reason that I have some weeks to enter.

It’s been slower than a slow boat from China for me.

I think the slowness as more to do with routing algorithms with their provider than anything. It pops up very fast for me.

not sure why but CPF has always been very fast for me, all day long and every day of the week. In fact, purely looking at my browsers, the CPF forum loads way faster than BLF.

I am using a Macbook Pro with both Chrome and FF.

Guess our internet speeds vary significantly depending on where we all are?

cleaned all caches, cookies, passwords, etc…etc…restarted and still can’t access it until now
It’s OK, not a big deal, as long as I can still open BLF :slight_smile:

Performance varies. So threads take shorter time to load than others. Loading mailbox page is slowest (over 8s) for me.

I have a measured 12Mbps connection,I use FF and trying to enter in CPF today, I saw some 1 MINUTE time to connect. :weary:

Weird, CPF is pretty quick to load for me, always has been. Using Firefox, 200Mbps connection.

Google says “This site may be hacked.” which is unfortunate.

Whoops, tried clicking around, now the site is not loading. Strange. Hope things get worked out, I like both forums, here and there for different reasons.

Everyone should try going there every day for a month….You’ll see. :sushi:

Now it loading fast. Go figure.

Said the same for me, except it was my F-secure, once i click on the allow website i was back to using my laptop(windows 10 on chrome).

Its hit/miss and has been for months, can be super frustrating tbh ………….i run 150mbps, usually get around 140 on the laptop and around 90-100 on the iphone 7plus. The iphone has not been an issue, only the google and F-secure part for me.

I am sure its the vbulletin part thats the issue …………………it is a pretty busy forum, if this goes towards some of the issues due to traffic i dont know, but presume it just cant handle it.

Too add there has been issues today(i know its pretty much every day), the last week has been ok till today but seems back ok for now………….“for now”

I can recommend the CPF App:
https://appsto.re/se/JMMg1.i

it really helps with : navigation, UI and speed of access

When i first got into flashlights (only officially in 2012 with an itp a3 eos), my first forum experience was cpf. And they kinda weren’t very receptive to my notion of flashlight and budget. Most were just like “surefire is God”. So I just kept my little Keychain light and went about my business.

But then i found blf and all hell broke loose. lol!

Don’t Get me wrong, I still want a surefire. Not for any other reason, than a vintage cross hair logo laser products 6z would be cool (tried to buy one new in box for $50). He wanted cash and carry though…

But let’s all be honest… A blf designed and Chinese made Kronos X5/Astrolux SC blows the doors off quite a lot of high dollar lights on cpf.

Whoa… what?? Seriously?

About the same time as I joined BLF, I joined CPF (a little before). I’d been reading threads for info, etc., and finally decided to take the plunge and join up. On CPF, I posted a couple of threads on modding SK98s, and got, well, nothing. Just crickets in the background, so to speak.

Maybe that explains it?

I don’t have a dog in this fight, and I don’t like the idea of schadenfreude, but if that’s true (the “elitism” and/or overzealous moderation), hey, maybe that’s why CPF ex-pats still grex about CPF here. I just stopped going to CPF because I got no response to my questions, not because I have anything against it. As was pointed out, some threads/info on CPF are priceless.

Yeah it felt like there was antagonism for ‘cheap’ (ie chinese) lights at one point. Things got better when they opened up the budget light sub-forum but that became almost it’s own little world and felt separate from the larger CPF.

I have no personal animosity for CPF, I just wanted to explain why some might.

I haven’t posted there in over a year, but it was still a very defensive forum when it came to expensive lights. Try to criticize Surefire, and the mods will delete it. Try to criticize HDS (for some reason, their premium super-expensive brand of choice), and you will unleash the fury of a thousand demons. I think a lot of it has to do with bragging rights.

But why would you criticize an HDS? :innocent: