What's the best 18650 deal now?

This is an Aussie seller with good reputation with quick delivery.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/supersports600?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Went to check up on an old aliexpress seller I purchased 10 Panasonic cells from and it looks like they lowered their prices:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/10pcs-lot-New-Original-18650-NCR18650A-Rechargeable-Li-ion-battery-3100mAh-With-PCB-For-Panasonic/105089_555310293.html

$8 per cell delivered. Not too shabby.

Received 4 cells from BuyInCoins, all at about 3.95V

Could you please measure the exact length of those Panasonic protecteds?

Sorry can’t tell as I have no caliper but I can show you this, the ruler and the cell both sit on a flat surface
And it’s Sanyo as per the description on the webpage

Do you have any chance to measure real capacity at some current (for ex. 1A, 3A)? Hobby chargers can do this.

Thanks, great pic! :slight_smile:

No need to be that exact, from the pic I think it is safe to assume it is close 69mm in length.

Just measured on Xtar 2600 and it appeared to be pretty exactly 68,5mm.

Last time I counted, “Americans” includes the people of 23 countries.

Does anyone remember, what place sells Keeppower 2800mAh´s at best price?

I've got my 2800mAh Samsung from BIC. Looks like very good quality, and the protection circuit seem to provide 4A+ direct drive without tripping so that's good.

Came in at 3.75V. I can only charge to 4.2V (these new Samsung need 4.3V for full charge) so I expect 90% capacity or something like that.

First discharge gave 2200mAh @ 1A.
Second discharge gave 2450mAh @1A.

As expected, the capacity is improving per charge. I'd expect this to reach around 2600(4.2V limit) after 2-3 more charges. So far so good, seem to be the real deal. The only con is, this is easily the longest battery I've owned, even longer than TF Flame 3000.

Length measurement please ?

Is it longer than 68.64 ?

Longer than that. It's not quite 70mm, but very close. 69.5mm would be a good estimate without a caliper.

Great, I got 2600 mAh Sanyos coming from BIC... now they sell 2800 mAh Sanyos and 3400 mAh Panasonics

http://www.buyincoins.com/new_en/details/new-sanyo-li-ion-18650-rechargable-3-7v-2-8ah-2800mah-battery-with-protected-og-product-22349.html

http://www.buyincoins.com/new_en/details/new-panasonic-18650-ncr18650-rechargeable-battery-3400mah-with-pcb-protective-pg-product-22351.html

What do you think guys? Is this for real?

They call it "2 x Panasonic TrustFire NCR18650 Rechargeable Battery 2900mAh PCB Protective", so is it Panasonic mimic or genuine TrustFire? :D

If it aint genuine Trustfire it maybe just that..

lol.

Good FAKE pic…

BTW do you guys check this?

I buy 10 of them for me and some friends, their performance is just great…

Edit.

That is funny, I just check the voltage in mines sanyo and one of them is just dead, read 0.12v not protected, so, I think that is just dead, I try charging and three of my charger dosent charge it, I put another battery in parallel just to try to increase the voltage, I read 1.80v but the voltmeter dropp very fast, I put it in a old li-ion charger and it is charging now, I supposed… Just wait, I will let you know if exploid… Hahaha

How that’s “as expected”? In my experience (and experience of few other people), Li-Ion’s don’t increase capacity with cycling.

…which is somewhat confirmed by 6x Samsung 2800mAh’s I got from FastTech recently, they all did ~2750mAh on first cycle, and obviously with 2nd cycle capacity didn’t changed at all.

Haven’t been to this and CPF for a while. Now I’m back, getting a Niwalker MM15 soon.
So I’m resurrecting this old thread. Pls give me advice on best deals for mid ranged protected 18650!

I am in the same boat.

Looking at stocking up on 20*18650 cells. I came to that number after doing an inventory of the lights that I have and the spare cells. I basically want to have spare cells for each individual light that I own.

I have been looking around AliExpress and per mAh, the best deal for protected cells seems to be the good old NCR18650A coming at around $0.0020 per mAh compared to:

- NCR18650B at $0.0025

• NCR18650BE at $0.0021

These cells will be used in lights that are driven at around 3A, so any of these cells are ok. However, I am a bit more inclined to go with the NCR18650BE, but cannot really give any sort of reason except, just because (??).

Decided to go with 20 cells of NCR18650BE at $0.0020 per mAh. I found a different seller from AliExpress here that did cells a little bit cheaper than the seller where I got the previous comparison numbers.

Looking at my order history, I have ordered from that store way back in 2012 when they did a great deal on NCR18650A. Note that, I still have those NCR18650As to this day and they are still fine.