What's the best aaa flashlight in 2016 + Giveaway

1. Jetbeam Jet-u
advantage : good build quality, nice design, not overpriced. good value for the money.
disadvantage : no neutral white option

2. What I would like to see in 2017 AAA :

- good quality and not overpriced like Jet-u

- neutral white option

- tail or side switch would be nice as there are many twisty already

• fresh look / design

1. Lumintop Tool Copper. Available with Nichia LED. Clicky switch has great tactile feel. Disadvantages are no 10440 support and high MSRP (so make sure to buy when there’s a deal).
2. I’d love to see a version of the Lumintop Tool Titanium with clicky switch instead of the electronic switch. Also, 10440 support.

. Best 2016 AAA:

Ultratac K18

Pro:

• Support 10440 and regular AAA
  • Very bright with 10440
  • Well spaced modes with memory
  • Side switch
    Compact size easy to carry ,pocket or keychain.
    I like polished SS as option.

Con
Electronic switch has half second delay to turn on.

After reading UPz’s review of the Ultratac K18, I have to say I’m really impressed!
K18 already has the features that I’d like to see from an AAA FL. So I’m changing my favorite AAA FL from LUMINTOP Tool to Ultratac K18.

What I’d like K18 to have in 2017 is magnet tailcap, which means that it could also… tailstand! :wink:

Yes, very nice. :heart_eyes:

I am kind of ashamed, I am a total newbie here and don’t have any of these flashlights,
so I made a poll and maybe I can get one :sunglasses:

1. Lumitop Tool

• compact, mode spacing, price
  • no memory
  1. could be smaller, metal clicky, tailstand

1. BLF-348 (Nichia) because of High CRI
2. Illuminated tailcap

I kinda like the Thorfire PF04. Tail clicky and two modes.

Improvement would be a NW tint or a high cri nichia

1. Best or favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, with advantages and disadvantages.
By far my favorite flashlight this year, AAA or not, is the Lumintop IYP365. I received one in the past month from GearBest (thanks!). Here’s what I like:

high-CRI
great form factor (2*AAA is perfect for shirt pocket carry, and provides longer life)
three well-spaced modes
reliable metal clicky
ability to tailstand (if careful)
looks professional
no battery rattle
tight (but not too tight) clip

The one big thing I’d change about the light is the order of modes: M-L-H is annoying. L-M-H would be perfect.

2. What are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 in a AAA flashlight?

I’d buy a new 2*AAA flashlight in a heartbeat if it had all the great qualities of the IYP365 plus any of the following:

L-M-H mode order
10440 support
well-designed integrated diffuser cap (with a place to store the cap when not in use)
unanodized metal body (smooth texture would be okay, very subtle grippy texture would be amazing)
mode memory
strobe (but I know many others wouldn’t want this)

And as a very small change, I’d like to have a notch on the body to positively prevent the clip from rotating.

My vote goes to Lumintop Tool. There are are multiple body materials and tints to select from, and even the choice of clicky or magnetic tails. The main advantage is freedom of choice.
In 2017 I would like to see more AAA lights with high CRI, moon mode and no visible PWM

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it

I carry the copper A01 on my keychain, so I guess it’s my favorite, primarily for the neutral tint and high CRI plus the copper is nice (heavy though). But the twisty makes it hard to use and the fact that it comes on in Low and if I am outside I generally want High means twisting it on-off-on-off-on to use.

2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight

The twisty makes for a smaller light which works better on a keychain, but the BLF 348 is nice for its simplicity and high CRI. I’d prefer 4500K in the tint instead of 5000K which I don’t think is all that neutral. For a AAA light, some people want it to come on in Low, some on High, and some Medium, or with memory so it will come on in the mode they use the most. How about a new UI: A 1-mode light like the 348, but programmable. By default it comes on in Low and stays Low. But if you triple click, it goes to Medium. Triple click again and it goes to High. Always 1-mode, but easy to program to another mode if you want. Maybe triple click again and it goes to Low-Medium-High for those who can’t make up their minds. Not easy to get all that programming in a AAA size light (and needs to be able to be super bright on a 10440).

Thanks for the contest!

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it
Lumintop Tool Copper. Good unique design and compact.
2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight
Reasonable price and more led options.

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016: favorite AAA that I bought this year? Fenix HL10, 2016 version
    1. what’s the advantages: Love right angle design, 3 nice modes, I really love the hands-free versitility of a headlamp.
    2. disadvantages about it: Could have a better holder/strap or better way to carry it OUTSIDE of the holder. I think the current plastic holder is overkill. They could have gotten away with a simple elastic loop pocket that the light could have slid into with the lens exposed. Diffuser is rubbish/not needed. IMO a light this size should flood. Magnet on clip would be nice for attachment to things like a car hood, etc.. Being able to spin the body in the holder would let you can aim it anywhere. Tail (or head) magnet would also be nice. And geez, how about nicer color selections?
  2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight: I'd love to see more right-angled flashlights. Something I can conveniently carry neatly organized in a pocket that I could whip out at a moment's notice when I need close up task lighting. How about a mounting system that mounts light parallel to the ground on your collar, allowing hands-free use that is aimable. (that last part is probably overkill.)

1. Lumintop Tool - Cheap, well made, bright for size. Unfortunately, it can’t tail stand.
2. I hope to see side switch light with high CRI NW LED, with clip andd ability to tail stand.

1. Lumintop Tool AAA-cheap but well made flashlight. I like that I have a choice between using clicky and twisty, and 3 nicely spaced modes.

2. No strobe on AAA lights. Different colors.

• Jetbeam Jet-uAAA, good quality and price

2. what’s the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight

• Clicky instead of twisty

1. Astrolux A01 nice high CRI light
2. Clicky instead of twisty!!!

1. so far this year I got

- Astrolux A01: great value for the price, good regulation at high level, easy to mod, goot tint and HICRI. But it starts with moonlight, that is a downside for me. Also not a big fan of twisty lights.

- Jetbeam Jet-u: as above, but with the added downside of a cool white tint.

- K18: available in aluminium and stailness, good output but I don’t like to have to keep pressed the switch to turn the light on. Also, good the support for 10440, but it over discharge the cells.

• Tool: my favourite. It is a clicky, and i prefere clicky. It is available in titanium, with CW and NW HICRI tint, but the output is on the low side and the runtime is not so good. However, it is my favourite AAA light so far.

2. Deep carry pocket clip, warm emitter, full support for 10440 (including against over discharge) and integrated micro USB charging port (as for the cooyoo and mecarmy lights), and AAA. fully regulated.

IYP365 has been my favorite. Nice size and bright enough. Button is too easy to press though.

maybe more high quality 2 aaa lights