What's the best aaa flashlight in 2016 + Giveaway

Lumintop Tool - Clicky or twisty w/ magnet and tactical push, very small, very bright.

Always, more lumens!

1. Jet-u. Cheap, looks good, light weight, very small.
2. Neutral white high CRI would be nice.

My favorite this year is my new Ultratac K18. Sooo bright. Just wish it had a lower moonlight mode (.5 lumens is ideal) and a warmer tint or at least a higher CRI tint.

On a daily use AAA it helps to have an undetachable clip. Mine pops off too often just like my old Ti3’s did.

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it
JetBeam JET-u

2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight
Moonlight mode and mode memory. All in in JET-u :+1:

I agree with this here. The ascending mode ordering makes this vastly superior to the not very useful default M-L-H order of the regular tool. I regret not ordering one when I had the chance. :person_facepalming:

1. I only have the JetBeam Jet-u running on AAA. I really like it, the tint is good, runtime good, shape and size and design good as well. Price was awesome. The tailstand is not very good though.

2. For 2017, would love to see AAA with magnetic tail cap and usb-rechargability AND budget price. So many cool functions available and possible but if price goes through the roof, then not so interesting to me.

- Astrolux A01

- moonlight mode

I love the JetBeam Jet u because it isn’t too bright and has a good optical lens.

I would like more color options and a beefier Keychain lug.

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it
Lumintop Tool Ti

• Gorgeous looking titanium.
  • The textured knurling has an awesome feel unlike any other.
  • Tail clicky, yet tail standing AND short length.
  • Reversible pocket clip.
  • 3 modes
  • No useless strobe (too small to be effective).

- No mode memory.

- Always starts on medium.

• Pricey.

2. what are the new features that you are looking forward to see for 2017 aaa flashlight
Ability to run on AAA or NiMH or 10440 Li-ion.

1. My favorite AAA flashlight in 2016 is the Lumintop Tool Ti.
2. No memory mode.

Thrunite T01 is my choice:
the advantages -> only one level, available in NW and CW
the disadvantages -> no clip

almost all AAA flashlights not officially allowed the 10440, it would be nice if it changed

1. Best 2016 AAA: Ultratac K18
Pro:

- Support 10440 and regular AAA

- Very bright with 10440

- Well spaced modes with memory

- Side switch

- Reversible clip

- Sleek and compact design (does not rip your pockets or damage other objects)
Con:

- No physical lockout on SS version

- Does not tail stand

- CW only

• Rubber switch cover may wear out prematurely

2. Wish list for 2017

- NW and high CRI led choice

- No blink modes

- Side switch

• AAA and 10440 support

1. Astrolux A01

• Good: inexpensive, 3 modes, strobe is hidden, high CRI, very pocketable
  • Bad: tint is just a tad too warm for my preference (i like ~5000K the best), low mode is slightly too low, head seems a bit too fat

2. Looking for in a 2017 AAA light: I’d like to see something along the lines of the A01, but perhaps with a 5000K Nichia 219C (for tint and efficiency), both AAA and 10440 compatibility, a turbo mode, and same size or slightly smaller

Manker E01 is the best AAA light.

• Simple, reliable, high quality light (neutral, high CRI) and good looks.

(Astrolux A01 used to be the same light, but is nowadays made by an unknown copycat and the quality is no longer the same.)

But if you enter price in to the equation: BLF-348 is the best AAA light.

• As above + cheap.

BLF-348 needs a moonlight level and E01 should be able to tail-stand (plus a lower price), other than that they are already close to perfection (both sporting the gorgeous, high CRI, Nichia 219B)

Jetbeam jet-u, because it is powerfull, three modes, no visible PWM, tailstanding, clip, very good built quality and good dark-gray anodized, and a very good price.

I would like a bit more if it has only two constant modes and a hidden strobe.

BLF - 348
Simple, beautiful, high CRI, cheap

More high CRI warm lights
Green-orange-red lighted tailcap battery indicator (would help a lot against alkaleaks when gifted)

Astrolux A01. Cheap, nice firefly mode.

1 st IF with lower lumen low mode: Reylight Lumintop Ti

Looking forward to more tritium equipped, metal tail click 3 -mode Nichia AAA’s in Ti with .5 lmm low-mode.

I received 7x Astrolux A01 about 2 moths ago. Manker branding inside.

Own most of all the single AAA listed so far and the one in my pocket Every Day is the Copper Olight i3E EOS. Simple single mode twisty head. NW is not too harsh nor too bright. One of the Smallest AAA lights I own and it’s Copper.

For 2017 I need to see more high CRI Nichia versions available with 10440 battery compatibility.

1. what’s best or your favorite aaa flashlight in 2016, what’s the advantages and disadvantages about it?

LUMINTOP Tool Ti Nichia 219BT
Small & lightweight, great CRI with the Nichia, well built, although, it is a bit pricey.

Hopefully more Titanium builds and possibly more effiecient LEDs for this size platform.