What's the most unusual thing you own ?

A pager/beeper I never got rid of-maybe because it lights up

A 2/3 dollar note.

My Dad found this by an old gate post about 30 years ago out in New Mexico. The gold is 22K and that about all I can tell you other than its smooth on the back. Contoured but smooth. If someone knows what it is I’d sure like to know!! Dan.

It kinda looks like a false tooth, designed to replace two teeth, using both roots. They definitely look like the roots of teeth anyway.

A NixieTherm with a Russian Bargraph Nixie IN-13 Tube.

Possibly a Zambian motorcycle licence (Wherever it is these days).

Or a framed court citation for driving without said licence - or in other words the traffic cop was sober and wanted to share his misery.

Of perhaps the carbon tetrachloride filled fire extinguishing grenades dating to about 1940. Carbon tet does work as an extinguishing agent but produces phosgene in contact with fire.

Oh yes, and it is rather seriously carcinogenic.

They are blue glass balls holding around 2 pints of carbon yet that you were supposed to throw into the heart of a fire.

I’ll dig them out of the shed and do a pic sometime - they come in a rather nice wooden box.

Now that’s NEAT!

Dan.

When I was a pup… (only a few weeks ago) …. They made these in the USA. One time our heater caught on fire and my Mother ran across the street because the neighbor had these things. She ran back to our house, threw the bomb against the wall….and it just bounced back to her!! She tried about three times and it would never break! Finally, a guy across the alley turned off the gas at the meter and threw some water on the scortched walls to extinguish the flames. I think the places the glass bomb hit did more damage than the fire! Ha! Oh to be young again! Dan.

My collection of flashlights is the weirdest thing i own.

My family AND heart!

Gold bridge replacing the lower central incisors (the bottom front teeth), using the two lateral incisors as the abutment teeth (the existing teeth next to those).

Beautiful gold colour, back in the day when a gold work was actually gold. Now its a combination of various other precious metals which are cheaper and now much stronger.

Must have failed (periodontal disease?) and was extracted, which explains why you have the roots still sticking out of them.

Since the nixies are coming out… heres mine, along with an articulator (for simulating the jaw joints), and a doughnut tape dispenser, and a not so common sunwayman V10A for reference.

Is that the Blue Dream? (Drooling on keyboard)

Yes it is, and I just recorded and uploaded a phone camera video in the previous post.

Hope this doesn’t offend anybody, the bedsheets and shirt cut off of a famous 70’s southern rock band singer after the police shot him, he survived.

i had just sold my sega dreamcast sports edition with about 20 games last week…
ive got nearly all handheld zelda cartridges in box or new sealed, and also alot of the guides, still new. ive got got a new sealed famicom disk zelda too.
i had a gizmondo, also just sold last week.

i know ive got weirder things, just cant think of um off the top of my head right now for some reason…

Nice! I have to get one of these :)

That's pretty unusual.

Did you build it? / buy it complete? / where did you get it? / I want one. / they’re expensive!

That is weird stuff.Did you Dad look further up the road,path, at all.The gold sorta doesnt make sence does it,why would anyone make them.Nice white shiney teeth,set in gold now thats OK, or,Two discoulored tooth stumps, odd sized set in gold,weird,why set them in gold is the mystery for me.

DON…