What's up with Convoy in 2017?

What (more than kind of) annoys me that what is available to bigger Chinese flashlight companies is not available to Convoy…but it is what it is and we do what we can to push forward despite these boundaries…

The desert tan S2+ (and C8, L6…?) will certainly be nice.
A budget 14500 S2 mini would be great indeed!

However i wish Simon would switch all his lights to a non PWM driver without the ‘blink’ on low to change groups. I’ve heard of a new driver though… but i don’t remember whether it is already used in some lights.

That’d be ToyKeeper’s Bistro-based firmware, which many here call “Biscotti”. It’s available as an optional as long as you message Simon before finishing your purchase. So far I know for sure it works for the C8 and S2(+) models.

Yep… I’d be right there with you too. :+1:

I would be interested in a mini S2+ AA/14500 light too. I would be much more comfortable gifting such a light to family and friends. And emergency backup cells are just a convenience store away.

While at it, might as well ask for a mini-C8 too :slight_smile:

Edit: make it in a variety of colors and I’m sure each of us will buy multiple copies: black, grey, red, blue, green, tan, and clear. Plus BLF special edition copper, of course :wink:

I’d buy several AA convoys if the driver was good.

I prefer 18650 lights but in all honesty I’d grab a convoy aa light or two. I keep a aa light in the truck as back up even though I have a couple spare 18650 in the glove box never know when something might happen. And have a few aa lights just in case in Katrina country have to be prepared. Can charge batteries in the truck as long as it didn’t go under storm surge but its easier to find common size batteries during a disaster. 2-4 weeks without power. Couple hundred aa and 2-3 convoy aa lights and I’d be set. I know it’s a little off topic. But my back up truck light is the energizer 900 lumen 6xaa light. Its a triple led $20 actually really like the light. Might see about modding it at some point. Same current just more efficient LEDs get more lumens from the same power

I’m all for another 14500 / NiMH option. Stiff competition though. IMHO its going to be hard to beat the UT01 / E11. ~400L from an eneloop is class-leading, and 775L from a 14500 is darn near to it as well… Lets not forget that they are only$20-25.

There might be competition for cool white, and less so for neutral white. However I’m not aware of any warm white AA/14500 lights. So if Convoy produced an AA/14500 tube light, the range of emitters would give them a section of the market with no competition.

Thats true.

Maybe a smooth reflector and an XPL-HI?… Go for the maximum lux from a light this small?

I’m in for a AA/14500 sized convoy!
Hopefully Simon Will read this thread :wink:
Especially with a ww emitter.

’oogled: warm white AA/14500 light

A few show up.

Set “tools” for verbatim and past year

https://www.google.com/search?q=warm+white+AA%2F14500+light&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=warm+white+AA/14500+light&tbs=qdr:y

but I have liked the results swapping in a neutral-to-warm emitter onto $2 Sk68s and “#3 zoomie” hosts.

I agree… even at half this price - like a lot my Jet I MK.
The Klarus Mi7 is quite something too but in the $25-30.

However, i wouldn’t expect a mini S2+ to be especially fancy. Like the S2, just a compact no nonsense and dependable AA/14500 light would do well.

I know this is a convoy thread… but Thorfire should update the TG06… “TG06S”

>XPL or XPL-HI
>AR coat the lens
>Increase PWM frequency (by a LOT!!)
>Last mode memory
> Increase current to match output of the E11 and UT01. (400L NiMH, 775L 14500)

Yeah, a tiny Convoy with a Nichia 219C behind a TIR !
Really, those 219Cs are the sweetest with a TIR optic.

Now that would be Sweeeet!

I also want AA powered Convoy!! Definitely would buy a couple of those lights. My main focus would be on regular AA rather than 14500.

An AA/14500 light with XP-L2(yeah, xp-l2 FTW),same size as mi7, or manker e11

+1 for convoy AA/14500 thrower

Well, then you have blf x5/astrolux s3
I still want 1000+ lumen xp-l2 14500