Whats Your EDC?

Regarding being jumped in Wal-Mart? Yes; that bugs me. We never found out who the guy was and there was no motivation behind the attack. He ran down the aisle, tackled me, and then ran away. It wasn't a robbery attempt. The police closed the case since there wasn't any evidence or way to pursue the event. The general thoughts were that it was some sort of fight-club or gang type of issue. I still have a nasty scar on my calf from the incident.

The second issue at my brother's house was different. In that case, it turned out to be a very stupid teenager who was very afraid of the neighbor's very friendly dogs. He panicked and tried to break into the front door, scaring our wives pretty badly. When my brother finally opened the door, the guy tried to push past him, never realizing I had a 9mm in my hand behind my back. We walked him back outside where he did the same thing AGAIN at the neighbor's house, except in that case her door was unlocked! The neighbor had more dogs inside though so he bolted right back out and ran across the street.

I would like to comment on the gun laws in my area. I live in a rather small state in fact New England consists of four states that are the size of most single states and being some of the original colonies are governed by some of the most puritanical laws in the country. New Hampshire is bordered by Massachusetts on one side and Vermont on the other and I have relatives in both Vermont and Massachusetts. In Massachusetts they have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, you can go to jail for one year for possession of one bullet never mind the gun, but they have some of the highest rates of violent crime in the country, since criminals don't care about gun laws. On the other side is Vermont, they have some of the most relaxed gun laws in the country and in fact anyone over 21 can carry a loaded concealed firearm without any permits and most people do, guess what Vermont has some of the lowest levels of violent crime in the country. You can draw your own conclusions, but I know what my position on the matter is.

I am personally more concerned with the wildlife

http://www.wmur.com/video/27837031/detail.html

but, I generally feel more comfortable walking around the streets of Vermont than the streets of Massachusetts.

Right now I am carrying a UF C3 SS and ITP C7. If I'm able to get a replacement Neutron 1a without the wobble, the C3 will go back on the shelf. I plan on putting the Xtar R01 I ordered in my bag.

Ive been carying the Ex10 i got from boaz and the solarforce L2 with the Uf 3mode xml around my belt. I just got the Wf-501a from manafont and with the UF 3mode xml is a lot of light in a small package. smaller head size too compared to the L2 so its very pocketable.

Not being a target shooting club member anymore, I have sold both the .12 over-under and the Glock long ago. Guess how many parts for my vintage Mercury I could buy from that! To be honest, I never really liked the loud noise. Gorgeous in the movies, fun on the first shot in reality, obnoxious from the second on. Ear plugs are hurting me, too. Guess I'm a puss, but then again I play jazz sax and value my hearing. I even retrofit forward clickies on my lights so I don't have to live with the clicking sound upon activation!

Should the inevitable happen (which would -of course!- only come in the form of a zombie apocalypse), there are still plenty of precincts and state armories to pick from. Then again, some good means of transportation, gas, food, clean water and a steady supply of toilet paper would be even more important. And flashlights, of course, not to mention primary cells and rechargeables!

I just ordered the fabled solarforce T4 just two days ago, when some recent posts here had opened my eyes that it already had become a collector's item.

Look out for a review, I'll be writing one soon.

Budgeteer, we're about the same size. Since you mentioned trying to keep your weight where it's at, I suppose you're working out one way or the other? For me it's tons of stretching exercises, pushups and 20lbs dumbbells. It's the most my shot joints can handle during exercise, and I already am on a steady diet of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. Inherited loss of articular cartilage sucks BIG time. My girl (well, former... you know...) could hear my knees when I was walking up the staircase... through closed doors)

If a gun may need once, it's occasion to carry this for a whole life

The V10R is seriously the best non-budget EDC. I got mine as a engineering sample type from a competition, and I am seriously contemplating buying another one. Its still the easiest torch to carry, and the most practical UI.

Less than 0.01 Lumens up to 210 lumens from a RCR123, with no strobes and a very very practical clip which doesn't destroy clothes, wide enough to fit a belt, and retentive enough to stay, yet easily removable. Brightness is ring controlled, so it can be adjusted before turning on, and with the ring, on walks, I tend to not need to turn it on/off, It just stays on, with my 2 fingers on the ring for single handed brightness control all the time, so when im shining infront on the floor, i turn it down, if i look up at a wall further away, i turn it up a little, its so easy to adjust that I dont bother turning the torch off.

Its also my most throwy light in a compact package, but at the same time, one of the smoothest beams so perfectly suitable for close up map reading, seriously the best beam for an EDC. (think of GDP beam patterns on steroids, small bright hot spot, but super smooth spot/corona/spill for EDC) At the same time its one of the more expensive CR123s that exist.

Only complaint is the Tint, usually quite green, and a bugger to change. Didnt like mine as much till I finally got it neutralised.

At work some real tools and then these:

very budget setup, all beaters.

(used L2i, Böker clone under 5$, micra clone 3$, just something to used before nails)

At home or at town, I EDC iTP A1 SS or in jacket Solarforce L2i usually.

Sometimes I keep with me Böker clone from DX, that "20cm" model. Helluva deal btw, very well functioning knife with really affordable price :o

Depends on the day. But always: nail clipper, knife - larger for most days, smaller for suits, and AKOray K-102 - fitted with XP-E and custom driver.

Cheers!

Not as much as some but more than most.

Keychain - DQG Tiny II

Pocket - Preon 1 & a Spydie Delica (people friendly blue grips) or Kershaw Scallion (also blue)

Laptop bag - Stainless Peak Eiger 2xaaa

When I carry it's usually a Kahr K9 or a Colt CCO (Concealed Carry Officers)

I've never seen the K-102 before...predecessor to the K-103 I'm assuming? Kind of unusual as it seems that many of the Chinese companies just keep the same model name even after changing/updating emitters.

Kindle,

I'm not sure which SSC led was in there, but it was dim! But the opening in the reflector was perfect for an XP-E.

I think the K-103 is the same except uses a Cree led.

Anyone know for sure?

-Crux

Fenix ld20 or modified 6p. Gerber applegate folding fighter, kimber TLE or Glock 27 with one spare mag, wallet and credentials. In my vehicle there is more ammo, more batteries, water, cuffs, random tools and other stuff.

Here's my EDC when I have enough pockets (not in Summer!)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vkak5u.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/1lpxv.jpg

The flashlight is a TrustFire TR803 modded to XM-L U2 @ 2.8A

A knife could be explained as as a tool here, but the boxing iron/knuckleduster would be definitely disgarded as something to use in offense... :p

I'm marveling at the key chain. My house was built in the 1880's but I don't have any skeleton keys in my pocket.

Old keys are fascinating, here goes my offtopic again, sorry:

My home place had one well over 10" long key...

Something, like this one on left

Could be easily used in self-defence. I believe lock and the key were made by a local blacksmith, no idea when.

It was used to lock up a place like this, in which we used to store grain

Our family´s ancestors have been living on that same place at least for 300 years, roughly the age of older house.

At 1713-1721 russians were invading places here, naturally burned most of written data so hard to get any info beyond that.

Very cool story CT.

Thanks, I´ll try to stay on-topic next time...

Please don't!