What's your most used/favorite tool beside flashlights?

Fork and spoon.

I almost bought the 5” (125mm) but ended up choosing the 6” (150mm)!! it’s in the mail right now :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: i’ll have more leverage with the 6” and still small enough to carry in my pocket :disguised_face:

My Estwing. Fixes everything. :wink:

Hear, hear! :partying_face: Estwing makes good stuff.

I especially enjoy their one-piece 3-pound drilling hammer. Still made in the USA!

Home Depot 3-pound drilling hammer link.

They also make a 4-pound model with the same handle, as well as a 4-pound model with a slightly longer handle.

EDC:

• QuietCarry Q3
  • Ti EDS
  • Leatherman Squirt
  • Tactile Turn Slim Bolt

Non-EDC:

• DEWALT DCF680

“Drilling Hammer”—Are you sure about that?

Back when i was taking Motorcycle Mechanics classes they told us that was a Harley Davison torque wrench. :nerd_face:

Actually, I use the 16-pounder for making holes. :partying_face:

Knife - too many to list but Kershaw and Gerber top my list. I’ve got a Gerber from 1993 that still sees regular duty.

Multi tool by Gerber - I prefer my 30+ year old non-locking one to the later locking versions. It opens and closes easily and doesn’t fail suddenly like the others did.

Bic lighter - I don’t smoke so I have Bics that are a decade+ old and still work every time I need them.

Then we get into my tool chest itself and it would be my Snap-on 1/2 inch drive ratchet. Can’t kill it period. Just traded in 2 Craftsman wrenches that died trying to loosen a nut that the Snap-on broke loose without issue.

Most used - Craftsman #2 Phillips screwdriver. Square drive screws are much better but stuff just doesn't come with those.

Favorite - Ego 56 volt chainsaw. No more pulling and pulling to TRY to get a saw started and no need to be sure to keep fresh gas. It has plenty of power for home use.

goshdogit - I use the 4 pound long handle hammer to split wood with a wedge. Estwing tools are great.

pennzy - My 20 volt Dewalt hammer drill is near the top of my list. They are definitely nice tools.

? the folks in the background didn’t even flinch—must be used to hearing those hammer wackin’ well diggers

They really are nice. This one was about $150 including the leather sheath. They also use G10 handles and liners. Very well made knives from Finland.

That is a really nice knife !

Gerber SS folding matte knife. It stays clipped in my left pocket and I use it all the time. Blades are cheap and I never have to sharpen anything. I have a few glam knives but they never do anything except show off. Also, I can fly with the Gerber so long as the blade is removed. Well, so far anyway. If they take it they can have it, with my compliments. I buy a blade for it after I land, or put it into a checked bag beforehand (preferred). Clipped next to the matte knife is a titanium Lumintop IYP356 aaa penlight. Used often as well. No lithium so security at the airport doesn’t seem concerned.

I collect French Laguiole folding knives. Wife is from France, so we travel there at least once a year. We were visiting her parents one time, and I had bought 3 of them on that trip (about $400). Totally forgot about them in my carry-on bag. Was sweating bullets watching my bag go through the x-ray machine after just realizing I had forgot to put them in my checked baggage. Believe it or not, they didn’t see them. Whew!

That’s not very reassuring .

Didn’t they change the rules to allow nail clippers and files and short bladed stuff? At one time they snatched everything remotely possible, except ball point pens…

Nothing is reassuring when it comes to the government

This was several years ago. I think they allow nail clippers, files and such now, but not back then. Plus, these knives are 3.5” and 4” sharp blades which still aren’t allowed.

Yeah, back around 2005 I forgot about my fillet knife. They never saw it on the x-ray, I guess. Before flying back home I mailed it to myself; no use tempting fate.

TSA agents skip knives, because they are hungry for cupcakes: https://www.cnn.com/2012/01/10/travel/tsa-defends-cupcake-policy/index.html

Good thing they didn’t confiscate my Foie Gras and Champagne I brought back last week, I’d have been pissed