Where to buy high 90CRI led (XP-L or XM-L2 size)

Thanks for the suggestion, these are completely new to me. Looks like the max current is 3amp, right? At this level I am completely happy with nichia e21a from Clemence. Hope to get 7+ amps out of xpl hi.

Additionally, several components vendors sell LH351Ds in various color temperatures in single quantities. See Octopart search .

The LH351D can easily take 7A and peaks around 9.

Check out this test done by TA:

I also built a convoy c8+ using a 4000k 351d, here:

This led is definitely worth taking a look, if you are looking for a high output high cri led. There’s also the lumiled luxeon MZ but I don’t think the warm tint is readily available and you have to deal with cross in the middle but it might not be an issue in an aspheric. Here’s a test of the led:

led4power.com is going to stock the luxeon MZ soon, so you can look for it there or if you want them now you can buy from digikey.com. Digikey also stocks the Samsung leds too.

Thanks for the wealth of info gentlemen!

Apart from the high vf (I need to think if it is good or bad, actually), there is the matter of defoming. I do need a flat led for a dome would limit the spot size in the aspheric dramatically. Otherwise I’d be quite happy with a 219c. Also I need a reasonable international shipping.

But still, those 351 are very interesting ones, thanks again!

The GB for the Samsung leds are from Moscow, so that might work for you to check out:

The 351B 3000K 90cri are available and the price is pretty affordable so you can take a risk on them. Plus since you’re in Russia, shipping should be cheap. The prices are 0.55$ a piece for orders less than 50.

Oh, that is a great heads up, thank you!

On direct drive? Maybe, for a very short amount of time with a freshly charged 4.35v cell. Look at reviews of the Sofirn C8T or Astrolux C8. Both combine an XP-L HI with a FET driver. Sofirn even goes so far as to bypass the springs. I haven’t seen anyone measure 7A. 6A, at best, and dropping quickly thereafter.

Does anyone know of available XM-L2 or XP-Ls in 90CRI flavour?
Maybe someone in Europe has a stash of them and would like to share? :slight_smile:

You’re probably better off with the LH351D if you’re considering the XP-L in 90 CRI. It has higher output and lower forward voltage with reasonably nice tint in most cases. It’s also available in a wider variety of color temperatures.

Arrow ships free to Europe, charges VAT, and takes care of customs. They have this 5000K LH351D which has been pretty popular as an XP-L replacement. They may also have XP-L or XM-L2 options in 90 CRI.

I’ve had pretty good luck at Arrow.com. Check the data sheet for part numbers your would concider purchasing then search Arrow for inventory. May find something that would work. Free shipping and it’s overnight.