Where to buy side E-switch retainers?

I’m hunting fasttech on the vape sections as well as computer parts

the last section would be in car entertainment section

Try looking at these sections too

edit: not sure this fits

I see… I’m not the only one looking for them.

21.7mm diameter, too big. Could have worked if it was smaller.

For lights I modded into side E-switch lights, I made my own cases out of sheet aluminum cut and bent into shape. In my first one I screwed it on with 4 small screws. The button cover was a standard tailcap button that I’d cut and trimmed into a flat cover.

For my more recent ones I glued the cover on with epoxy and used a metal piston with #6 finishing washer.

Here’s my first attempt (modded Aleto N8):

Here it is again with some grey duracoat on. I also glued a strip of aluminum around the inside edge of the button hole. This helps prevent accidental activation by making the button slightly recessed. Also makes it stand out a bit.

Here’s my second one (modded Convoy S2+ mini). The switch cover is glued on with arctic alumina. If I need to service the switch, I can remove it with an exacto knife. The button is again a standard rubber tailcap switchboot with the sides removed and the top cut down with an exacto knife.

Here’s my latest one (Aleto N8). Cover is glued on instead of screwed. Button has a piston from a DQG Tiny III surrounded by a modified #6 finishing washer.

I recently recoated my Aleto N8 in tactical black duracoat. Here’s what it looks like now:

I guess if I get tired of the Duracoat I could remove it and go back to the polished bare metal look.

I still have the older Aleto N8 body with the screwed in cover (now also coated in tactical black) a couple extra heads and a driver. One of these days I’ll get around to modifying another pill and then I’ll have two N8s.

I dont know it, i searched more than one Time…
These switches like in post #3 are nice, but huge they often are 40mm long that is why it would be so neat to use a small SMD switch on a pcb.

Maybe a small momentary switch could be dremeled so that it can be used.

The only things I have found out is the different names:
Electronic switch, momentary switch and non latching switch…

And that the prices are from 1-100$ for a single switch…

One smart guy here has made a very elegant piston which is a piece of round metal which goes inside the head and pushes a SMD momentary button. I believe it was also an s2…

An electronic switch is simply a momentary push button coupled with a circuit. The circuit can be either part of the driver or on a separate board.

Momentary switches are quite cheap. For my N8 mods I bought a bag of 100 tiny momentary push buttons on EBay for $4. So each switch cost about 4 cents.

The external casing and outer button wasn’t included but that’s where the creativity comes in.

That’s a nice looking switch. Something to consider for sure.

Yeah, I know about that one. I have a different idea for that kind of light, but would prefer not to use it on larger lights like the ZY-T08.

The external casing is the only thing I’m interested in. I have switches and my own design of PCBs for them, but could consider buying the actual switches if they came with nice cases. Your alu sheet looks quite nice and has given me some ideas of my own, but will keep searching a while before I go down that road. Cases like those that Old-Lumens used would be ideal.

Mike, How many do you need? Do you have scale drawings of the switch & pcb with dimensions? Do you have a physical finished size of the casing in mind? Heck... we can make the rascal! Dan.

I don’t have scale drawings and the PCB design is flexible, they cost like $1 for three so it doesn’t really matter, but the ones I have recently ordered for my ZY-T08s are 10mm, mainly because that’s the largest drill size my drill will take. I’ll drill like Old-Lumens did, leaving a shelf for the PCB to rest on, then an 8mm hole through for the wires. How deep I drill the 10mm part depends on the switch casing I find, can drill 10mm all the way through if a solution requires it.

However, I wouldn’t mind 12mm either as I have a 12mm PCB on the way for a triple XHP70 build where the host (Roche M170) already has a E-switch hole, but I got it without switch casing. If 12mm is a better size for E-switch cases I’ll just get another drill that can take 12mm drills and use that size for my ZY-T08s. I’ve posted in Old-Lumens thread asking what size drill he used for his.

How many I would need? Four is what I’d at least like to get my hands on, but could buy more as I suspect a few mining exploration friends will like the ZY-T08 once my driver and firmware is completed: Mod/Driver: ZY-T08 series conversion, MT-G2.

Anybody found cases yet? The switch solution I have used for my ZY-T08 is no good in real world conditions, mud and ice got in and froze the switch. I’d really like to get my hands on some switch cases. Any known source yet? Does anybody have some spares they want to sell?

Suggestions for cheapo lights that can be butchered are also welcome. I’ve put too much time and effort into my ZY-T08 driver design to give up now.

I have a few of these, was using them to turn e-switch driver’s into Y3 drivers were they mount directly on the driver. Same switch on the Yezl with out the pins.

Thanks, but it’s not the actual switch I am looking for, it’s the casing around it. If you look at the first post it’s the five sided casing and button cover that surrounds the actual switch.

You could order one of the false advertised srks with lattice bright LEDs and after getting money back you would have one cover for free…

Have you asked Simon from convoy if he offers a spare part?

Oh ok, are you talking about the retainer, that holds everything together?

Too much of a hassle. I’d rather buy a cheapo light that has what I want and butcher it.

Good suggestion! Didn’t think about that, Simon is usually very helpful. The L4 has what I need.

Aha, it’s a “retainer”. I didn’t know what word to use so I went with casing :slight_smile: I changed the topic, thanks.

I would look around in a hardware store or plumbing dept, for small brass pipe/tubing reducer’s,brass pipe plugs, brass set screws, something like that, might need some machine work that could be done by hand? Might get lucky? Something like these but smaller… Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Parker-Fitting-Reducing-Bushing-Female/dp/B000FMZ3R8/ref=pd_sim_328_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41kkvxlWv8L&dpSrc=sims&preST=*AC_UL160_SR160%2C160*&refRID=0NNX4KYAS4KQTBZVXNK8

A while ago I had asked Simon if he could sell button assemblies (like S2+ tail button or side switch on F6), but he said he had no spares. Maybe J-Dub74 can convince him to sell some? S2+ button is great since it’s threaded and I guess it shouldn’t be to hard to fit it as side switch.

TexasLumens posted above that he could make them to spec. Has anyone contacted him about pricing and MOQ? Maybe if someone were to organize a group buy then lots of people could get some.

It would be awesome to design casing (or whatever this switch thingy should be called) that would go well with smaller tube hosts (S2, A6…). Something like those brass fittings KawiBoy1428 posted above could actually look nice sticking (not too much) from the side of e.g. S2. It would certainly make light unique. Bunch of homework on my plate, but I’ll try to get creative tonight. :smiley:

I would love to have a few of the s2+ stainless buttons! or something like it…